HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The turn the clock back edition

Old
11-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
I am sure this won't be popular with your fans but the Tootoo fight. Obviously Tootoo did a great job and dominated, but he looks like an a*****ss, wiggling away from the ref so he can put his arms up and fingers in the air! Sorry, anywhere else, it would be seen the same

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:18 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
I am sure this won't be popular with your fans but the Tootoo fight. Obviously Tootoo did a great job and dominated, but he looks like an a*****ss, wiggling away from the ref so he can put his arms up and fingers in the air! Sorry, anywhere else, it would be seen the same
Id celebrate to if I did that to Avery. But he also does that every once in a while, he gets the crowd into it. Players talk about how the crowd always helps when they are energized and into it and he was just giving us another reason to get excited.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:31 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Tootoo has been raising his arms like that for years now. It's nothing new, and I don't see a problem with it. He's taking care of business the way he does, and he's entertaining the crowd in doing so. No big deal to acknowledge the people cheering for you.

Am I crazy or did Dumont just take an elbow to the face that went uncalled? At very least it was interference.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Id celebrate to if I did that to Avery. But he also does that every once in a while, he gets the crowd into it. Players talk about how the crowd always helps when they are energized and into it and he was just giving us another reason to get excited.
I totally get that the crowd is into it. Just saying in another market, (Canadian) he would look like a ****#*#*#!
I get that the fans love him because I hear the whistles every time his skates hit the ice! Great marketing feature.
Did not know he had been doing this for years. Just looked ridiculous for the first time i guess.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Well, didn't see that coming.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:24 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Tootoo has done that since the lockout ended.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

another game with 1 goal and another game into ot

Old
11-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I totally get that the crowd is into it. Just saying in another market, (Canadian) he would look like a ****#*#*#!
I get that the fans love him because I hear the whistles every time his skates hit the ice! Great marketing feature.
Did not know he had been doing this for years. Just looked ridiculous for the first time i guess.
Tie Domi was pretty well liked in the "traditional" markets he played for.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:44 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

No Marek Malik means we have a shot.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Why in the Blue Hell did Trotz put Erat out there?

Old
11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

and we find a way to lose...1 goal isnt gonna do it guys. When are they gonna notice

Old
11-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
PJ Stock used to do something similar in New York, Boston, and Montreal after all his fights and the crowd loved it...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:53 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I really don't know why the broadcasting crew decided to harp on the no-call. I HATE Avery, but it wasn't a high sticking.

Bad way to lose. I'm still wondering why Trotz put the fourth line out three times in five minutes. We were tied with the momentum, man. At least lose trying to win

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Seth Lake

In the 12 games this season when the Predators have been without two of their four Opening Night centers (Lombardi, O'Reilly, Legwand, Goc) they've scored a total of 18 goals.

1.5 goals per game is not going to get it done...

In the 10 games this season when they've had 3 of the 4 in the lineup they've scored at a 3.1 goals per game clip which would be good enough for 6th in the league.

In the two games all four centers were available, the Preds scored at a 3.5 goals per game clip.

Without the centers in the lineup, it's too easy for the opposition to key in on the two scoring lines and without a game changing offensive talent anywhere in the lineup, the top-six just doesn't score. Wilson scored tonight from the 3rd line, but the PP didn't contribute anything, there was no scoring from the defense, and the top-six was shutdown.

The team must address that center position...

Old
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I really don't know why the broadcasting crew decided to harp on the no-call. I HATE Avery, but it wasn't a high sticking.

Bad way to lose. I'm still wondering why Trotz put the fourth line out three times in five minutes. We were tied with the momentum, man. At least lose trying to win
Watching at home tonight, not sure if you saw the replay on the tv, but it was definitely a hight stick. Caught Franson in the throat, that's why they took him out the Zamboni entrance. He was hurt, badly. He was convulsing on the ice, but P & T either didn't notice or didn't want to mention it. Looked like he couldn't get any air. Looked bad.

Most times I'd say that was just an errant stick, it looked like it just as easily could have been on purpost, but with Avery's history, it's difficult not to suspect that.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
This isn't true. We ran 3 lines since NY scored. Dumont got benched after the goal though. Man he is on such a short leash

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:26 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ward should be on the leash, and Trotz may as well Marry Smithson

Old
11-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

1. Goc is the best player on this team. He is just a juggernaut out there.

2. Rinne is incredible too. He looked very very solid tonight, and deserves to get a W for that one.

3. I'm a huge Sully fan, but he looked atrocious. There's no other way to describe how bad he looked out there.

4. I HATE SEAN AVERY.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Seth Lake

Thankfully, the Predators have updated Franson's condition. He was taken to the hospital for evaluation, but is fine and has been released.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

May get warned/banned for it but someone has to say it...

We are so ****ing bad.

Sullivan has looked awful three games in a row.
Dumont got benched for doing nothing.
Goc has looked human again.

Weber and Suter have looked lost on the ice. I know Weber has been going through some stuff with his mom and Suter has his first born to worry about but Jesus guys.

Klein is Klein, what more needs to be said.

Spaling>>>>>>>>>>Smithson

I swear this team has been a huge disappointment. For those of you saying Lombardi would've made a difference, I counter with maybe since we haven't really seen him play. Besides it doesn't matter, he isn't here now so the team as to move on. Same with legwand. If we really are so deep then start making calls. If we really aren't, make a trade or fire someone.

And for post game you send out the guy who was scratched? Gutsy move let me tell you.

Really not that hard.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
May get warned/banned for it but someone has to say it...
Huh?

You're right. Something has to give. I actually blogged about that today and called for a couple of lineup changes. I don't think this is a coaching issue. I do believe this is a talent issue.

Read the numbers I posted above. It's clear as day that when the team has 3 of the 4 centers in the lineup they score. When they don't they don't score. The issue needs to be addressed. I'd personally like to see Lundmark recalled to give Trotz another center with offensive talent to work with instead of trying to force Smithson or Spaling into that 3rd line center spot. When Lundmark is not needed at center he can play on the wing. He reminds me a lot of Vern Fiddler and I think we can all appreciate that...

Old
11-27-2010, 11:24 PM
cleangene

I just hope SOMETHING is done. Bring SOMEONE up, send SOMEONE down. Scratch someone named Erat or Sullivan since they are not even looking to shoot now, much less score. SK was the first to hug Willie meaning he was on the ice when the goal of this game was scored, and then I think I saw him on the ice again maybe one more time the rest of the game. I guess the motto here is "If it's broke, don't fix it".

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:24 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Huh?

You're right. Something has to give. I actually blogged about that today and called for a couple of lineup changes. I don't think this is a coaching issue. I do believe this is a talent issue.

Read the numbers I posted above. It's clear as day that when the team has 3 of the 4 centers in the lineup they score. When they don't they don't score. The issue needs to be addressed. I'd personally like to see Lundmark recalled to give Trotz another center with offensive talent to work with instead of trying to force Smithson or Spaling into that 3rd line center spot. When Lundmark is not needed at center he can play on the wing. He reminds me a lot of Vern Fiddler and I think we can all appreciate that...
Why isn't this a coaching issue? Why are the journalists in this town afraid of Trotz and what kind of royalty has he earned. The fact is that our Power Play has never been good and Trotz can't solve it. Just keep buying that the talent isn't there and Trotz is a miracle worker on budgeted team and keep singing that song and then after awhile no one will really care.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
smitty10

Why did SK only play 4 minutes tonight? It looks like he's been scarcely used since becoming a Pred. Is he playing that poorly?

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Why did SK only play 4 minutes tonight? It looks like he's been scarcely used since becoming a Pred. Is he playing that poorly?
Due to the flu, Nick Spaling was limited to just a couple of shifts of ES play and a role on the PK tonight. As a result, Trotz rolled with 10 forwards and SK simply got the shaft since he isn't playing special teams right now.

He was on the ice for our only goal of the game, but didn't play any factor in it.

Again, it goes back to our lack of center depth. Having Smithson and Spaling as your 3rd and 4th line centers means that your production is going to be limited from the bottom six. The fact of the matter is that the Predators must give Trotz a 3rd center with offensive instincts to roll a third scoring line and have the ability to put together an energy/special teams unit for a 4th line that gets maybe 8-11 minutes a game.

The lineup is missing a key element right now with Lombardi and Legwand both on IR...