HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Our Current Feelings About Bylsma...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2010, 08:41 PM
  #26
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
Im not changing my opinion on him because we've won 7 of the last 8.

He's still often outcoached
He's still moved away from the things that made us dominant
He's still line juggling
He's still oblivious to obvious signs of chemistry
He's still not making adjustments at moments when needed.

I'm not a fan, but we could be doing much worse, so I'll leave it be for now.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:29 PM
  #27
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 25,809
vCash: 500
Most fans don't like their team's coach and think they can and should do better. Bylsma is, like any coach, not without his flaws.. But as long as the results are there at the end of the day I don't care about much else. He must be doing *something* right.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:34 PM
  #28
ericfg
Registered User
 
ericfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Naples, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
It's funny how I, as daily reader and mostly lurker, have seen the 'fire Blysma, he's an incompentant hack' posts go from all day every day to just once in a while in the last few weeks.
I wonder if that has anything to do with the current win streak?

I'm not any sort of expert on hockey in general; much less on NHL coaching but I would opine that while HCDB ain't a Badger Bob or Scott B. coach he sure ain't no Grampa Munster/EJ.

Eh?

ericfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:43 PM
  #29
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,660
vCash: 500
One thing that I was thinking about today. I still saw a lot of times when there was a pass to . . . no one. The closest player was a Calgary player. That happened often enough to frustrate, but not nearly as much as it did earlier in the year. And that is the point. A lot of the criticism may lie at the feet of a lot of key new players who really do not know one another yet. But are getting there. What do you notice about some players who have been together a while? The other player just knows where he has to be, a sixth sense that comes with comfort. This team had to juggle lines with key injuries, and to boot incorporate about a third of thier salary cap in new players. Bylsma may be the problem, but until this team has a chance to gel how would we even know for sure?

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:24 PM
  #30
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Im not changing my opinion on him because we've won 7 of the last 8.

He's still often outcoached
He's still moved away from the things that made us dominant
He's still line juggling
He's still oblivious to obvious signs of chemistry
He's still not making adjustments at moments when needed.

I'm not a fan, but we could be doing much worse, so I'll leave it be for now.
This is how I feel too for the most part. There are two big reasons for our current streak and those are #87 and #29. Our defense can still get lost in their own end at times (and I still don't understand why he had pairings of Letang-Martin and Michalek-Orpik to start the season). It'll be interesting to see how we do against well coached teams like Philly and Montreal the rest of the way.

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:13 PM
  #31
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist
 
TravisUlrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Let's wait to see if Bylsma makes adjustments in playoffs. That's big thing. He gets outcoached often.
And you would judge this... how? By whether or not we get eliminated from the playoffs at any given time?

When are these times that Dan Bylsma gets out-coached? And let me guess, you're not going to say that he out-coached Mike Babcock in 2009?

My guess is that no one around here can distinguish between how well a coach coaches (i.e. Specifically how well a team is playing depending on something the coach has actually done or they're just playing well).

The record doesn't lie. The players like him. And my gut feeling, just from seeing interviews with him and reading interviews with him or articles about him, is that he's a very good hockey mind and very good with people.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:20 PM
  #32
Gold Diamond
World Champ
 
Gold Diamond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Coatesville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
<---------

Gold Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:21 PM
  #33
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Most fans don't like their team's coach and think they can and should do better. Bylsma is, like any coach, not without his flaws.. But as long as the results are there at the end of the day I don't care about much else. He must be doing *something* right.
No, he does nothing right. It's at the point now where people try to have it each and every way, and there's no way to prove anyone right or wrong because they only see what they want to see.

PP stinks, but is now on fire. Before it was on the coach. Now it's the players who get all the credit.

Defense is like 6th overall in GAA. They're also near the top in shots against allowed: it's #29 (I don't see how a goalie is responsible for shots against, but it's the internet after all)

Offense is scoring goals and dominating shots and zone time: It's Crosby.

PK is number one in the league: It's the players.

Gotta love the intraweb. Lack of execution in key areas is all the coach's fault, because he doesn't have proper command of his wireless controller and is all thumbs. The second they start doing well, it's because of Crosby and Fleury. What a novel concept: A team succeeding because two of their highest paid players are doing their jobs well. ****ing genius

I swear to God I hope he gets fired. Then when it's not Mike Babcock or Barry Trotz behind the bench, you'll have something to complain about all over again.


Last edited by MtlPenFan: 11-27-2010 at 11:39 PM.
MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:33 PM
  #34
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
And you would judge this... how? By whether or not we get eliminated from the playoffs at any given time?

When are these times that Dan Bylsma gets out-coached? And let me guess, you're not going to say that he out-coached Mike Babcock in 2009?

My guess is that no one around here can distinguish between how well a coach coaches (i.e. Specifically how well a team is playing depending on something the coach has actually done or they're just playing well).

The record doesn't lie. The players like him. And my gut feeling, just from seeing interviews with him and reading interviews with him or articles about him, is that he's a very good hockey mind and very good with people.


I'm so sick of hearing about the Montreal series. It was Halak playing great, and Fleury playing like a goalie with an .853 save %. Anyone who thinks different needs to get their prescription refilled. "He gets out coached often" is a dumb and ****ing lazy argument.

But that's the greatest argument isn't it? Something so unverifiable you can just look at results that have a million variables attached to them - and just blame it on the guy behind the bench just because you don't like his face. Or because your favorite son is struggling (Geno) and instead of just blaming him, when guys with much lesser talent are flourishing, you blame it on the coach because it's easier.

Jacques Martin was a genius because Halak played out of his mind for two rounds. His much vaunted defensive system was **** on EVERY DAY on Montreal radio, but because his goalie hit a peak at just the right time, he was Scotty Bowman. Then Halak comes back down to earth, Philly drops them on their head, and Martin's an idiot again because Laviolette "out coached" him

I don't care how much of a jerk I come off as. Most people don't know what they're talking about. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:48 PM
  #35
BumFortyOne
Registered User
 
BumFortyOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
And you would judge this... how? By whether or not we get eliminated from the playoffs at any given time?

When are these times that Dan Bylsma gets out-coached? And let me guess, you're not going to say that he out-coached Mike Babcock in 2009?

My guess is that no one around here can distinguish between how well a coach coaches (i.e. Specifically how well a team is playing depending on something the coach has actually done or they're just playing well).

The record doesn't lie. The players like him. And my gut feeling, just from seeing interviews with him and reading interviews with him or articles about him, is that he's a very good hockey mind and very good with people.
I agree completely. Everything I've ever seen or read about Bylsma suggests that he is a strong hockey mind and that he has the full support of the players. Crosby, who obviously gives his canned answers all the time, still seems to have completely bought in to what Bylsma is preaching.

The recent winning streak obviously is partially or mostly a byproduct of great play by Crosby and Fleury. And that is what they are paid the big bucks for. To be positive difference makers. No team ever looks good when it's best players aren't playing up to snuff, and for better or worse the Penguins will live or die based on the play of Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury primarily.

I personally fully support Bylsma, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt until the Penguins are seriously outplayed in the playoffs. They were not outplayed by Montreal in terms of puck possession, shots, etc. Halak simply outplayed Fleury and Crosby and Malkin got shut down. They aren't going to win many playoff series when that happens. The star players have to execute, even when saddled with crappy linemates, for the team to win.

I feel like that is more of a team construction issue, and I am willing to give Shero one more offseason to fully put into place his team. I would argue that the Penguins won the Cup ahead of schedule and it will be the next three years that give them the best chance of winning it again.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:34 AM
  #36
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
To be honest, I don't think we are winning based on the system. We are winning because Sid has taken it to a completely different level and our goalies are playing amazing, too. This is like when we went on runs w/ MT. We'd go on these stretches where we look incredible because we do actually have an amazing roster full of talent and stars.

A coaches true color shows in a tough game when adjustments have to be made. That doesn't mean moving lines around, that means actual adjustments. It also means when things aren't going right, what changes to fix them? Once again, there is nothing changed. The talent just took over. It happened under MT and it's happening again. Don't be shocked if some of these bounces go a different way and we start losing games 4-1 again.

But for those wanting to crown Bylsma because of this streak, explain to me how coaching effected Sid's ridiculous streak right now or Fleury coming back to reality? Also, if you will, please tell me what you see different. I still see the same problems with our defensive zone concept. We just are getting lucky to not have it go against us. The holes/space are there, teams aren't exploiting it. Better teams will.

I'm not saying Bylsma is a terrible coach. He's just average. This little streak has/had nothing to do with coaching. The players just took over. Credit goes to Fleury and Sid pretty much in my opinion.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:51 AM
  #37
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u
 
HandshakeLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 18,053
vCash: 500
Has Dan Bylsma been Adams worthy? No.
Is he Scotty Bowman/Toe Blake/Badger Bob? No.
Are there things I'd do differently? Yes.
Am I a coach? No. (And thank goodness for that-- I'd have murdered some hockey parents if I was.)
Does my endorsement of Bylsma mean he's perfect? No.
Is he the perfect coach for this team? Hell no.

But at the end of the day, like Jacob says, it's about the results. Scotty Bowman, for all of his well-documented success as a coach before joining the Pens, was run out of town by Mario. Great coaches are not always good fits for teams.

And similarly, great coaches are not always Stanley Cup winning coaches. I can't believe how often I have to stress this here. Some of the best hockey minds in the history of the game have less success in the post-season than Dan Bylsma. Pat Burns, Marc Crawford, and Joel Q all have the same amount of Stanley Cups as Bylsma, plus that Jack Adams. Pat Quinn has three Jack Adams and not a single Stanley Cup victory. Don Cherry has his Adams and he made/still makes his fair share of mistakes. Ted Nolan is considered locker room poison, even though he's unquestionably one of the finest coaches this generation.

I'm not a huge supporter of Bylsma. I myself wonder if he's going to be the coach for us next year, or if he can win another Cup for us. But I think people are right to point out that we don't need perfection, nor should a coach be blamed unnecessarily for factors out of his control.

It's not about making it so everybody wins in an argument. It's about pointing out that the situation isn't as simple as what people are saying (and that frankly, some really crazy logic is at work with some of these posts), and if I get slammed for it, I get slammed for it. Ain't like it's going to hurt my feelings one way or the other.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:58 AM
  #38
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
^^ Don't see anything wrong with your post. In fact, it's about as good as it gets. There is no definitive answer when discussing Bylsma. We, as fans, just don't know. In fact, the best hockey minds probably don't even know what will/will not work from time-to-time.

My post was just to point out nothing has changed from a schematic standpoint. Sid and Fleury have really carried this team in this stretch.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:03 AM
  #39
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u
 
HandshakeLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 18,053
vCash: 500
Also, I'd like to take a minute to point out how absurd it is to criticize Bylsma for having Crosby, but totally give a pass to coaches like Bowman (who had how many dynasties/all-time-greats to work with?) and Babcock who have heavily benefited from some great players on their roster.

Hell, for all the hoopla about Babcock's prowess, he's only got one Cup ring himself, despite having one of the top 3, all-time defensemen on his squad. I'm not saying Babcock's not good, but that really, a lot of the frustration with coaches not repeating is entirely unwarranted. Back to back SCFs are rare enough these days; consecutive Cups are even rarer.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:09 AM
  #40
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u
 
HandshakeLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 18,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
My post was just to point out nothing has changed from a schematic standpoint. Sid and Fleury have really carried this team in this stretch.
Certainly, Cole. And like I said, there's a lot of deserved criticism for Bylsma. The problem is there's also a lot of ridiculous post-game hyperbole going around.

And again, I really don't see the problem with teams relying on great players. Going back to Bowman, should we hold it against him that he had the absurdly dominant 70's Habs? No. Conversely, he had the most talented Pens roster in history and they totally shat the bed in 93.

I think that people really need to address this when they talk about the problems with coaching. A team isn't a formula that a coach plugs the right variables into and then magically they win the Cup. Even the best modern coaches, with some of the best rosters, have what a lot of posters would consider "unacceptable" levels of success. Bowman was coaching just a hair above .500, in the regular season, he's .632 in the post season, and that's the best we've seen in nearly 40 years.


Last edited by HandshakeLine: 11-28-2010 at 02:26 AM.
HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 06:47 AM
  #41
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin
 
SuburbanRhythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Certainly, Cole. And like I said, there's a lot of deserved criticism for Bylsma. The problem is there's also a lot of ridiculous post-game hyperbole going around.

And again, I really don't see the problem with teams relying on great players. Going back to Bowman, should we hold it against him that he had the absurdly dominant 70's Habs? No. Conversely, he had the most talented Pens roster in history and they totally shat the bed in 93.

I think that people really need to address this when they talk about the problems with coaching. A team isn't a formula that a coach plugs the right variables into and then magically they win the Cup. Even the best modern coaches, with some of the best rosters, have what a lot of posters would consider "unacceptable" levels of success. Bowman was coaching just a hair above .500, in the regular season, he's .632 in the post season, and that's the best we've seen in nearly 40 years.
Was thinking along the same lines with Bowman. Let's not forget he "won" a Cup in 92...when he was routinely left out of the locker room. This is not to say Bowman isn't one of the great hockey minds of all time, his long term track record speaks for itself.

Coaching seems like a pretty lazy argument that people pull out when they can't pinpoint what the issues are.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 07:38 AM
  #42
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
I am not a fan.
Perhaps too much so because I think he sounds like a halfwit in interviews with his broken references to 'our game', 'execution' and 'mentality' without it seemingly ever signifying anything concrete. I don't trust inarticulate people, what can I say.

At the same time there's really no better argument for a coach than winning, and with the team running on an 8-1-1 streak as soon as Fleury started being decent/great, one cannot be super critical without looking a bit irrational.

I just don't think this is durable. Crosby is insanely hot and we haven't allowed a PP goal against since forever, yet four of our six wins during the current streak were one-goal games and we've had tremendous goal tending throughout.

Either way, we have a very strong and playoff-certain roster with a few glaring and well-documented issues. I'm not sure Bylsma is the kind of coach who can plan around those issues, and this win streak doesn't change that.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 07:42 AM
  #43
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaticBirdMan66 View Post
Rewind to about a month ago, and pretty much everyone here (myself included) was asking for this guy's head. Now that the Pens have rediscovered their true form though, can we say that Bylsma is once again back in our good graces? Is "Bylsma hockey" working for us once again, or can we just say that our recent success is purely due to some of our star players actually playing like star players?
I wouldn't say everyone wanted him fired...

I know I was trying to defend him and it made little sense to me to fire him. While he was making some bench decisions and poor in-game adjustments that I wasn't happy with, I felt it was the players not sticking to the system and not playing well, much more so than it was DB.

The hockey season is a roller coaster, and when they hit a slide, ppl. will be calling for his head again, no doubt.

I'm happy with the defense and special teams, but I think most of us who are reasonable know that this team is streaking because Crosby is.

When he cools off, will they have the scoring depth to keep on winning? Or will they go into a slide and fans start blaming DB again?

I feel he is always going to be a scapegoat when things are going badly...

I still have great concerns about the talent up front, and the winning streak isn't going to change that in my mind.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 08:01 AM
  #44
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,774
vCash: 500
I understand that Crosby is playing out of his mind, but this team is constructed with the understanding that Crosby and Malkin should both be playing at an 8.7 mil per level or close to it, and Fleury should be playing like a 5 mil per goalie.

I don't think Sid's (and Tang's) "above value" play overrides how "below value" the other two have been over the whole season thus far. That's to say nothing of Staal's absence, Michalek's injury, and the familiarity issues that come with a major blueline overhaul. Yet we're 25 games in and near the top of the league.

There are plenty of things I dislike about DB. His Rupp love. His total and absolute refusal to give TK a top 6 shot no matter how good he looks in extremely limited viewings. His PP shenanigans. His hatred of chemistry. But the man understands the sort of north/south game this team has to play to be successful with this roster, and they've bought in to a man, which makes The Pens a difficult puck-hounding team to play against most nights. He has the support of the team and we're winning.

Until we get a legit skill injection in the top 6, that works for me.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 08:14 AM
  #45
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
Good system but bad strategies? That's contradictory. It's gotta be one or the other. Execution means a lot in the pro level and that's not something a guy in a suit behind the bench can control.
Bad in-game strategist. He doesn't make adjustments on the fly and gives out icetime to players who don't earn it.


Quote:
Without Sid, no coach would last long with this roster.
I disagree. The best coaches in the NHL are Babcock and Trotz, and they'd both last plenty long.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 08:15 AM
  #46
sk666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
To all the Bylsma nuthuggers out there..PLEASE explain his system.......you can't, he coaches with vague cliches and no xo's system.."getting to our game"..WTF is that!! If were playing good, were getting to our game, playing bad, we NEED to get to our game..wow that's just brilliant. We have a strange range of talent on this team that he is trying to fit in his system, we need a xo's system built around our talent. The reason we looked lost earlier, no one knew what their responsibilities were, and they still don't. Crosby is single-handily carrying this team, taking the heat off Bylsma. The one thing he did right was not babying MAF..

sk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 08:30 AM
  #47
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,888
vCash: 50
Meh, dare I say that HCDB is lucky and has seemed to have caught more "lightning in a bottle" right now.

Don't kid yourselves people, if Sid wasn't so money right now and if MAF wasn't playing so (surprisingly) clutch like how he should be...well, we probably would still be where we were in terms of league standings a few weeks ago. Or maybe even worse off?

This thread should be renamed "What Do We Think Of Sid And MAF"

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 09:48 AM
  #48
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Meh, dare I say that HCDB is lucky and has seemed to have caught more "lightning in a bottle" right now.

Don't kid yourselves people, if Sid wasn't so money right now and if MAF wasn't playing so (surprisingly) clutch like how he should be...well, we probably would still be where we were in terms of league standings a few weeks ago. Or maybe even worse off?

This thread should be renamed "What Do We Think Of Sid And MAF"
I have no idea how people think Fleury's been saving Bylsma's bacon. Memories of fruit flies?

Fleury's been directly responsible for more lost points this season than he's won. Just because he's been good over the most recent stretch doesn't mean he wasn't a bona-fide albatross for the better part of the season.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 09:55 AM
  #49
Gooch
Registered User
 
Gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 13,892
vCash: 500
He still is downright horrendous and we'll have to revisit this thread in a couple of weeks when he's back to having a grossly underperforming team.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:19 AM
  #50
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,888
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I have no idea how people think Fleury's been saving Bylsma's bacon. Memories of fruit flies?

Fleury's been directly responsible for more lost points this season than he's won. Just because he's been good over the most recent stretch doesn't mean he wasn't a bona-fide albatross for the better part of the season.
I wouldn't say that MAF is the direct reason why "Bylsma's Bacon" () is being saved right now. But it's one of them. And obviously we all know in terms of this season that MAF has sucked more often than not. Same for last year.

Originally I had meant that HCDB is just on a lucky streak right now. Once (and presumably if) Fleury (and Sid) falls back down to Earth and our streak ends well...we'll see just how good of a coach Bylsma is. Though most of us already know that answer. I just find it funny how some people here have gone from wanting the guy tarred and feathered to thinking he's the bestest, all because we've been on a hot streak in the last lil' while.

I'll give it a few weeks. By Christmas if not earlier, people will want his head on a platter again. Book it.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.