HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The turn the clock back edition

Old
11-28-2010, 12:49 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
No Sk isnt playing poorly, Trotz just seems to be scared to use the players that can make a difference on offense.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
No Sk isnt playing poorly, Trotz just seems to be scared to use the players that can make a difference on offense.
Using tonight's roster, show us a better utilization of the assets...

SK did have 2 shots on goal in his limited minutes, but was the only player on the team to receive a negative Corsi rating this evening...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:38 AM
cleangene

Does anyone know if Leggy will be back Tuesday??

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:08 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Watching at home tonight, not sure if you saw the replay on the tv, but it was definitely a hight stick. Caught Franson in the throat, that's why they took him out the Zamboni entrance. He was hurt, badly. He was convulsing on the ice, but P & T either didn't notice or didn't want to mention it. Looked like he couldn't get any air. Looked bad.

Most times I'd say that was just an errant stick, it looked like it just as easily could have been on purpost, but with Avery's history, it's difficult not to suspect that.
I don't doubt that Cody was caught with a stick, but it was during a hockey play. As much as I despise Avery, he didn't intentionally do it, and I can't blame him. Franson was going in for a rare Cody Franson body check and was caught. Pete and Terry did mention it several times. Bad play, but it wasn't a penalty.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:15 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Due to the flu, Nick Spaling was limited to just a couple of shifts of ES play and a role on the PK tonight. As a result, Trotz rolled with 10 forwards and SK simply got the shaft since he isn't playing special teams right now.

He was on the ice for our only goal of the game, but didn't play any factor in it.

Again, it goes back to our lack of center depth. Having Smithson and Spaling as your 3rd and 4th line centers means that your production is going to be limited from the bottom six. The fact of the matter is that the Predators must give Trotz a 3rd center with offensive instincts to roll a third scoring line and have the ability to put together an energy/special teams unit for a 4th line that gets maybe 8-11 minutes a game.

The lineup is missing a key element right now with Lombardi and Legwand both on IR...
I guess the obvious question here is, why were three forwards limited because one had the flu. I get that without Spaling we have 11 forwards, but how does Nick's flu factor into SK's ability?

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Liquidfire3240

Just noticed, but during the 22-Avery fight, the Ranger forward who got the puck in the high slot, the whistle blows, but he puts a shot on net anyway(it wasnt that long after the whistle) and it gets past Rinne.
Dont know if Weber would of blocked it but he stopped playing at the whistle.

It was one of those funny video game moments when you give up a breakaway in game and try to start a fight before he can get a shot off.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Legionnaire11

as soon as there was no call on the high-stick I said "well we're gonna lose now" and we did.

It was clearly a penalty, Avery could easily have controlled his stick, it wasn't a follow through of chipping the puck away. Watch the initial chip and then a slight, very very very slight hesitation and the stick comes up on a different angle. I think he was trying to bring his stick up and over franson to get it back on his forehand, but caught franson instead. Definitely a penalty.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't doubt that Cody was caught with a stick, but it was during a hockey play. As much as I despise Avery, he didn't intentionally do it, and I can't blame him. Franson was going in for a rare Cody Franson body check and was caught. Pete and Terry did mention it several times. Bad play, but it wasn't a penalty.
Regardless if it was during a hockey play or not, you're still responsible for your stick. Franson is a big guy, that's a pretty high stick. That was as close to a spear in the throat, intentional or not, as I've seen in a long time. It was a penalty, should have been called, not to mention that we lost a guy for the rest of the game, and he could have been injured very, very badly. The fact that it was Avery was just one more injustice. (not saying I hate the guy - I don't really care that much, but the moment I saw him doing push-ups in the corner after he scored a goal on us, I realized he gets what he deserves.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
as soon as there was no call on the high-stick I said "well we're gonna lose now" and we did.

It was clearly a penalty, Avery could easily have controlled his stick, it wasn't a follow through of chipping the puck away. Watch the initial chip and then a slight, very very very slight hesitation and the stick comes up on a different angle. I think he was trying to bring his stick up and over franson to get it back on his forehand, but caught franson instead. Definitely a penalty.
I couldn't tell if he was trying to "flick" the puck out of the zone, or just decided to use his stick since he was about to get hit. Regardless, should have been called.

And wow, have our forwards become benign in the shootout all of a sudden.
The move that the Rangers shooter made was awesome, gotta give him credit, not to mention he almost killed himself in the process.

Gotta start winning some games soon.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, it was a high stick and should have been called. Haven't you seen a player called for high sticking after following through on a shot?

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:47 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Dear Movember,

**** cancer and all that but could you die a painful death. We really could use it. The Preds will get home games, maybe healthy, and I can get rid of my ****ing facial hair. I shouldn't have to look like Grizzly Adams and scare off potential employers to bring attention to men's health.

PS: Would it upset Colin Campbell if the Preds traded for Avery just so Belak, Tootoo, and O'Brien and maybe Weber and the other members of the team could have a nice ***** to beat the crap out of? If you think about it, it would be in the best interest of the league to 'remove' a bad image form the league.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Soundgarden

What was with those two Rinne penalties? I thought you had to have your skates in the trapazoid for it to be a penalty?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
What was with those two Rinne penalties? I thought you had to have your skates in the trapazoid for it to be a penalty?
Doesn't matter really where your skates are, you cannot play the puck when it is in the "pizza slices". Video clearly showed that Pekka did so on both occasions. It was the right call.

Old
11-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Soundgarden

Bummer, I always thought you had to be in the corners for it to be a penalty. That sucks, I've never seen that called TWICE in one night.

Old
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

An excerpt of Rule 63

"The determining factor shall be the position of the puck. The minor penalty will not be assessed when a goalkeeper plays the puck while maintaining skate contact with his goal crease."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i had heard from within that no fewer than 6 guys are fighting the flu. confirmed names are only klein and now spaling. that may have a bit to do with how we are playing. I could not get any more names than the ones floated on here.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
An excerpt of Rule 63

"The determining factor shall be the position of the puck. The minor penalty will not be assessed when a goalkeeper plays the puck while maintaining skate contact with his goal crease."

I dont think its even possible to play the puck in the pizza slices while your in the crease....... seems pointless to me.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i had heard from within that no fewer than 6 guys are fighting the flu. confirmed names are only klein and now spaling. that may have a bit to do with how we are playing. I could not get any more names than the ones floated on here.
that makes sense

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Soundgarden

I'm not worried that much, we played a lot better then in previous games.

Old
11-28-2010, 04:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I dont think its even possible to play the puck in the pizza slices while your in the crease....... seems pointless to me.
It is possible ... just requires a tall goalie making a reach. the slice is only 5 ft from the blue ice at the closest point.

That doesn't mean it is a wise move.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 05:25 PM
predfan98

well, it's interesting to hear slake on the video review of this, cause I was sitting withing 20 ft of it the second time, and saw the replay on the screen at the game...........and i couldn't believe it and didn't see it. pekka was a little peeved the second time.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i think you are splitting hairs with the definition of the crease. the area behind the goal i woul dthink is part of the "crease" the rule is talking about. pekka can be peeved all he wants, he put himself in position to have i tcalled trying to poke the puck away when two players are in the "pizza slices" and the puck magically pops out the direction pekka tried to poke. he could have just went back to the blue ice and removed all doubt. if it looks like a penalty, most times it is.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
well, it's interesting to hear slake on the video review of this, cause I was sitting withing 20 ft of it the second time, and saw the replay on the screen at the game...........and i couldn't believe it and didn't see it. pekka was a little peeved the second time.
On the second one it was more subtle, but the ref was looking for it and nailed him. As Bouillon and the forechecker arrived at the puck, Rinne reached in quickly and pokechecked the puck in the "no play zone" away from the Ranger and into a position where only Bouillon could play it.

It was clear on the video review. The Ranger has black tape on his stick, Bouillon and Rinne have white tape, but it was clear that it was not Bouillon's stick that touched that puck...

Old
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

This not scoring stuff is getting old, very fast.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
On the second one it was more subtle, but the ref was looking for it and nailed him. As Bouillon and the forechecker arrived at the puck, Rinne reached in quickly and pokechecked the puck in the "no play zone" away from the Ranger and into a position where only Bouillon could play it.

It was clear on the video review. The Ranger has black tape on his stick, Bouillon and Rinne have white tape, but it was clear that it was not Bouillon's stick that touched that puck...
thx.............that penalty is called so seldom (at least it seems to me) that it will be interesting to watch more closely behind the goal net from now on.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
An excerpt of Rule 63

Interesting... didn't know there was a crease provision in the rule

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote