HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Sabres 3-1

Old
11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's actually really nothing to wonder about here. You said it yourself, ''one is a 15year veteran'', 18 year actually, that started his career at 18. He's now 36 and plays a more defensive role.

Hammer has been a beast, I really don't understand why you think he has a difficult time dumping the puck. The lack of love this guy and Spacek get really makes me wonder how knowledgeable some people are. These two guys have been solid for us so far.

He deserved to be picked #1 btw.

You know, I checked most of the game on my TV yesterday up until the 3rd period when I had to lift my gf close by. When I got into my car, the 3rd was starting.
After like 2min, Dube said he doesn't like Pouliot's play tonight, that he seems a step behind his linemates and I went like . I felt Pouliot was having a great game, so it really made me wonder if Danny had watched this game attentively. He usually is pretty good with his analysis but I didn't understand why he didn't like Pouliot this game.
When I got back home to watch the remaining of the game, I didn't see Pouliot a step behind like Dubé mentioned..

I really like Pouliot this year. I think the removal of the production pressure a top 6 player has was incredibly beneficial to him.
Completely Agreed, pairing him with halpern or eller in the bottom 6 is not as devastating to his production because both are pretty decent players, and the funniest thing is, if he was paired with our REAL number 2 center, he'd probably be doing worse!, but i have faith in gomez, hes a 2nd half/playoffs player.

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Completely Agreed, pairing him with halpern or eller in the bottom 6 is not as devastating to his production because both are pretty decent players, and the funniest thing is, if he was paired with our REAL number 2 center, he'd probably be doing worse!, but i have faith in gomez, hes a 2nd half/playoffs player.
Wasnt a Pouliot fan at all, I thought his game was too much flawed being soft and trying to be fancy .. Well he improved on the basics of the game big time and I now appreciate his contribution, hope he keeps playing like this..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:15 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Wasnt a Pouliot fan at all, I thought his game was too much flawed being soft and trying to be fancy .. Well he improved on the basics of the game big time and I now appreciate his contribution, hope he keeps playing like this..
I love pouls, but he's trying to many NHL 11 loose puck dekes in the offensive zone. For god sakes, benoit, get your finger off the LB button.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Mike2000z28

They played a good game last night. I gotta give them credit as they always bounce back from a bad loss unlike my flyers team that likes to take nights off and daydream.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:25 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yeah, he should be there. The normal guys aren't producing by themselves, so put a grinder there who will go to the front of the net. We've created quite a few chances with Darche on the ice on the PP because of that fact. He's great at it.

Sure, I wish we had a more finesse type player who would go to the net. But we don't. It's that simple.

It's nothing like Auld/Price. Price is playing amazing regardless of Auld's stats. Everyone on our PP sucks this year, production wise, with the exception of Darche and maybe Plekanec/Hamrlik/Cammalleri.

Even if Darche only got 1 more point in his next 16 minutes on the PP, he'd still have the best production rate on the team. How embarassing is that?

the guy has TWO points on the PP, should it be qualified as good or something ?

another 16 minutes ? even then it wouldnt be half what guys like Plekanec, Camm and the other PP guys are playing 5vs4...

come on, no one is blaming the guy but reality is he's there ONLY cause others arent going in front of the net. the day a guy like Pouliot (for example) does it is the end of Darche on the PP...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I have no complaint about Darche. I accept his shortcomings along with his assets. I'm more uneasy about the limited offensive ability of Tom Pyatt. I'm waiting for some prospect to bump him from the starting lineup. And like many on this board, I wish the Habs had a highly paid Brad Richards instead of a highly (over)paid Scott Gomez.
I dont mind darche on the PP. He is effective at creating traffic infront of the goalie. It gives the habs a different type of setup on the pp. I often see players around the goalie, but darche plants himself right infront. Its not like he doesnt understand his role. He wouldnt be there if one of the pp regulars was causing traffic effectively like darche is. It allows the point men to look at their shot as a more valid option.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote