HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Anyone you need from Pittsburgh

Old
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You perceive he's being sat for "stupid reasons" and that he thinks he's done nothing wrong. His recent quotes don't seem to indicate that, at all. A 20-year-old Russian "diva" is showing much more patience and maturity than many of us, here. Give him some time - he's working at it and the coaches seem pleased, though not satisfied, with his efforts. He has to keep working at it. We're off to a good start and can afford, for a change, to be patient with a potential talent.
It's not really about what I perceive, it's about what Filatov perceives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I don't want players that are that are like that. Be a man. If you do something wrong, and get benched, you don't play worse. You go out there and bust your butt to prove to your coach he made a mistake and you deserve to play more.

I am not saying that is Filatov. This is just in response to the points in your post.
Sure, we don't want players like that. But suppose Filatov IS like that. What do we do? We can't just let him go for nothing, and we can't trade him while his value is low.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:13 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

I've sat and watched the bench plenty this season. Umby and Vermette constantly are talking to Filly. Boughner often leans over to tell him something and Arniel will say something to him several times a game. None of this talk seems to be yelling at him. Most of the time the coaches give him a pat on the back or the like. I, in no way, think Filly is getting thrown under the bus. I think if Arny feels he has the game in hand, he lets Filly play. If HCSA feels he is in a fight and Filly isn't playing well, he sits him. Arny is being paid to win games and if he feels he can play Filly without costing the team, he does. I think it is as simple as that.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
It's not really about what I perceive, it's about what Filatov perceives.
I'd say it's most important what Arniel perceives. And I have no doubt he is communicating with Nikki. What Nikki does with it is out of everyone's control save his own. And while we can't know what'g going on in his head, what he's sayign so far indicates he's on the same page as the head coach.

Old
11-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I'd say it's most important what Arniel perceives. And I have no doubt he is communicating with Nikki. What Nikki does with it is out of everyone's control save his own. And while we can't know what'g going on in his head, what he's sayign so far indicates he's on the same page as the head coach.
This...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote