Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Mock of the Season

Old
11-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
im ready to trade some picks/prospects... think our core is looking pretty damn good now and it is young

if we save our money to keep Horton long term and add him to Bergeron/Seguin/Krecji/Lucic and hopefully Colborne/Caron then we have all the firepower any team can afford to keep and they are young and they can stay together for 5-6-7 years to give us a really legitimate chance to win

and Rask in net is young and can be here those 5-6-7 years too.

what we need is dmen... but not draft pick dmen. Draft pick dmen dont often give you a lot of value over their first 3-4 seasons. Even studs like Myers and Schenn and the kid in Atlanta are running very hot and cold giving any type of value to their teams the past couple years and this one.

i do think our strength up front is strong enough that we will be able to make a legit run at a cup if we focus on the here and now. If the Toronto pick is looking to be between 3-7 as the deadline approaches, I think it has more value in a trade then to keep it. Edmonton and NY are both much worst then Toronto. It isnt likely we are getting into the top 2 this year, and the real franchise players are going top 2. 3-7 should all have value, but even a franchise guy like Seguin isnt stepping right into the league this year and delivering cup winning performance immediately. Hedberg and Tavares are both running hot and cold too. Stamkos is a home run, but Kane is sort of struggling a bit in Chicago and hes been around a few years and won a cup.

Not all kids give you steady dependable cup winning contributions in their first 3-4 years

as for where id look for a trade... I guess Weber from Nashville would be a prime target if he isnt signed by then. Maybe Whitney out of Edmonton is showing enough value to be of some interest to us. Maybe, we would want to move Thomas contract with the pick to free up some cap room? Ottawa doesnt seem to have their goaltending fixed and they have some young kid dmen we might be better off trading for then waiting a couple extra years on a draft pick.

I think we can win a cup this year with a strong enough upgrade on the blueline and if everyone can get healthy. our team defense is very strong and has been now for the past 3 seasons. our offense is a little young, but if everyone is healthy we can roll 4 lines as strong as any in the league. If Seguin/Savard/Horton somehow can elevate their games to provide the top end talent to match up to the competition then we have something very special here... and even if they dont, we still have a sluggers chance at getting it done.

Theyve done one hell of a good job putting this team together

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Just a quick list of a few d-men that have contracts running out.

Pitkanen, Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, Daley, Hejda, Babchuck, Eminger, Ericsson, McCabe.

Couple high end and some decent names available out there this summer.
Erhoff is looking for 5+ million. Pitkanen would be 5 mil per minimum IMO. Gonchar and Martin both got 5 mil this summer...Point scoring dmen are a rare commodity.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:40 PM
rcduthie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Erhoff is looking for 5+ million. Pitkanen would be 5 mil per minimum IMO. Gonchar and Martin both got 5 mil this summer...Point scoring dmen are a rare commodity.
Oh no doubt, I was just throwing out a list of names of UFA defencemen.

I think Ehrhoff stays in VanCity, Pitkanen would be an incredible addition but I believe he'll be too rich for us.

I'd still like to get a hold of James Wisniewski, preferably before the trade deadline so that we'd have a window of time to assess him to see what he'd be worth.

As I mentioned before a top-4 of;

Chara - Boychuck
Seidenberg - Wisniewski

Would be awesome for the Bruins. I know Wisniewski isn't a light the world on fire type of guy but he's strong, steady, and moves the puck really well.

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM
TRask

All i know is im happy as heck. Toronto rite now is in 4th last. With New Jersey playing better as of late and catching up to them.
Things look great for that pick with imo there being a very strong top 6 players, then a bit of a drop in this draft...

Adam Larson, Sean Couturier, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Gabriel Landeskog, Ryan Murphey, Brandon Saad

Would be very excited to get any of these 6

TRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRaskasaurus Rex View Post
All i know is im happy as heck. Toronto rite now is in 4th last. With New Jersey playing better as of late and catching up to them.
Things look great for that pick with imo there being a very strong top 6 players, then a bit of a drop in this draft...

Adam Larson, Sean Couturier, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Gabriel Landeskog, Ryan Murphey, Brandon Saad

Oh ya i just checked the standings and saw that, NJ will pass them and will probably get better. but i could also see the Oilers or Islanders passing the leafs...looking like another top 3

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I would literally crap myself if we won the lottery and we got the chance to get Larsson. Seguin, Knight and Larsson for Kessel, thank you Burke.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:29 PM
fordaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRaskasaurus Rex View Post

NJ is a non-issue though. You forget they forfiet their first-rounder this year because of the Kovy debacle, so really, they're 3rd to last. with no games in hand over 29th and 30th.

fordaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:37 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordaith View Post
NJ is a non-issue though. You forget they forfiet their first-rounder this year because of the Kovy debacle, so really, they're 3rd to last. with no games in hand over 29th and 30th.
I believe Jersey can pick any one of their 1st's over the next 4 years.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:10 PM
ALinsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Oh no doubt, I was just throwing out a list of names of UFA defencemen.

I think Ehrhoff stays in VanCity, Pitkanen would be an incredible addition but I believe he'll be too rich for us.

I'd still like to get a hold of James Wisniewski, preferably before the trade deadline so that we'd have a window of time to assess him to see what he'd be worth.

As I mentioned before a top-4 of;

Chara - Boychuck
Seidenberg - Wisniewski

Would be awesome for the Bruins. I know Wisniewski isn't a light the world on fire type of guy but he's strong, steady, and moves the puck really well.
Agreed, I'm definitely on the Wisnewski boat with you. He also plays with some nice grit/edge. I wish the Bruins would actually be proactive about it and go get the guy now. Obviously, the defense needs some help right now.

Draft-wise:

I still expect Larsson to go 1. We have seen this trend hte past couple years, where there is a bonafide #1 for multiple years, then draft year comes, he is over scrutinized, some other guys catch fire and suddenly there is a "debate." In the end, Hall went 1 despite Seg's push, Tavares went 1 despite Duchene/Hedman's, Stamkos went 1 despite doughty's, and so on and so forth.

I stated this in the draft thread, but, if the Bruins are top 8 or so, and Larsson/Murphy are gone, I'd like them to go power forward such as Saad or Landeskog. But, Mayfield is seriously one to watch, he is a stud.

ALinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM
fordaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Oh. I thought they coughedup their first rounder for the next three.

fordaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I thought they forfeited a 3rd round pick, i was checking a mock when i was doing this and it said a 3rd round pick was forfeited

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Beesfan

I predict that the Toronto pick ends up being 3rd overall. I'll say Larsson and Couturier still go 1-2.

3rd: Gabriel Landeskog

22nd: Scott Mayfield/Seth Ambroz/Daniel Catenacci

I'll add that my perfect draft would go as follows:

2nd: Adam Larsson

22nd: Seth Ambroz

*I like Ambroz because I think we could use another infusion of size and grit on our forward lines. We could finally role a big tough lineup, like the following. I highlighted the guys I consider genuinely "tough to play against."

Lucic/Krejci/Horton
Caron/Bergeron/Seguin
Ambroz/Colborne/Knight
Marchand/Arniel/MacDermid

Chara - Larsson
Boychuk - Seidenberg
Cross - Button

Last edited by Beesfan: 11-28-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
HamiltonSteelhawks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgallantx View Post
How good is Dougie Hamilton? I think he's a first round target too...

HamiltonSteelhawks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:56 PM
RG617

Toronto 1st (6 or 7th overall), Bruins 1st (27th or 28th), minny's 2nd rounder, and a prospect of the Arniel/Bartkowski level (or the B's second and Wheeler...?) for the 1st overall = Larrson. Can't hurt to be overly optimistic (other than the Bruins overall finish though I hope they prove me wrong in a positive manner), and IMO better to bet on an almost can't miss kid than a handful of maybe's.

RG617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin and Colborne View Post
I thought they forfeited a 3rd round pick, i was checking a mock when i was doing this and it said a 3rd round pick was forfeited

Yeah, $3 million, a 2011 third round pick, and a 1st round pick in one of the next 4 seasons.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote