HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Zeiler on re-entry waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
  #76
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Zeiler is a coaches dream and a fans worst nightmare. He never makes the wrong play yet cannot make the right play because he lacks talent. My beef with Zeiler is this clown does not even attempt to take the puck into scoring areas or even try to score. If the puck does somehow manage to hit his brand new stick he will immediately speed up to make it to home base which is either the half wall or the corners. It's as though his body is made of metal and the boards become a giant magnet when the puck touches his stick. Awful. Hard work is great, hard work without talent is BRUTAL.
if i was Zeiler, this would probably be the post that would make me feel the most utterly worthless as a being on earth....until my paycheck comes in...ching ching

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
  #77
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Zeiler > King and Westgarth.

*ducking*

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 04:44 PM
  #78
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Zeiler > Kings and West.

*ducking*
hey whoa there, he might be superior to the kings, but i dont think his skillset surpasses the entire west

you're overhyping zeiler a zad much

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:32 PM
  #79
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
I still don't get this move. If we want energy, why not Moller? He was praised last season for his hustle, forecheck, and relentless shooting. Even though he was off to a slow start he could provide the spark and a little offense we need. Why Zeiler over Moller?

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
  #80
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 500
Kings are playing the Ducks....Murray thinks no one is playing physical...he does have a point...the Kings are bigger than most teams and the only guys throwing the body are Doughty, Brown and Clifford....Where is Greene, Simmonds? We don't have many soft Europeans, actually we have none...we don't have many guys under 6'-0"...we should be playing physical every game....

BTW, Jordan Nolan with a TKO win in Manchester...if Westgarth is out longer I see Nolan getting the call.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:13 AM
  #81
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
I still don't get this move. If we want energy, why not Moller? He was praised last season for his hustle, forecheck, and relentless shooting. Even though he was off to a slow start he could provide the spark and a little offense we need. Why Zeiler over Moller?
Because, regardless of what people on this forum think, Murray and Lombardi want a pest on the team. Moller is not that. Moller is only going to succeed in a top 6 role. So then it comes down to Clune or Zeiler. Between the 2 of them I see it like this.

Size is basically a tie.
Fighting goes to Clune.
Checking goes to Z.
Speed goes to Z.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:14 AM
  #82
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Kings are playing the Ducks....Murray thinks no one is playing physical...he does have a point...the Kings are bigger than most teams and the only guys throwing the body are Doughty, Brown and Clifford....Where is Greene, Simmonds? We don't have many soft Europeans, actually we have none...we don't have many guys under 6'-0"...we should be playing physical every game....

BTW, Jordan Nolan with a TKO win in Manchester...if Westgarth is out longer I see Nolan getting the call.
If Westgarth is out, I hope Lombardi goes out and gets Godard or someone similar that can be sent to Manchester if need be. I don't want to throw Nolan into a role he's not ready or suited for.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:16 AM
  #83
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 500
Yeah Reaper, Godard was the dude I was thinking. He would instantly bring respect. But I think Westy is be back, Kings just need someone for the next few weeks while his nose recovers...Nolan may not be ready but he is 6'3" 211 lbs...but at his age he really has no business fighting guys like Scott yet.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:34 AM
  #84
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yeah Reaper, Godard was the dude I was thinking. He would instantly bring respect. But I think Westy is be back, Kings just need someone for the next few weeks while his nose recovers...Nolan may not be ready but he is 6'3" 211 lbs...but at his age he really has no business fighting guys like Scott yet.
Isn't Nolan just coming back from a hand injury though?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
  #85
backhander
Registered User
 
backhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
This is way easier than you guys are making it out to be. They want someone better (?) than Harrold as the 4th line RW when they plan on sitting Westgarth. I think Zeiler is a decent option, it has been a few years so this will be one last chance for him to prove his worth. He can't be any worse than Westie when it comes to actually playing hockey. Zeiler is pretty quick and is a physical presence.

An interesting experiment for sure. I'd be shocked if someone claimed him though.
you are a Murray supporter

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:13 AM
  #86
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
you are a Murray supporter
What's that got to do with anything?

Zeiler clears re-entry.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
  #87
HeadInjury
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 949
vCash: 500
Kind of odd to me how Hammond describes Zeiler as being "eligible to join the Kings this morning." As if there is still some question as to whether he will. Zeiler didn't play for Manchester on Saturday or Sunday. I would have to think he flew in here.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:23 PM
  #88
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
Kind of odd to me how Hammond describes Zeiler as being "eligible to join the Kings this morning." As if there is still some question as to whether he will. Zeiler didn't play for Manchester on Saturday or Sunday. I would have to think he flew in here.
I think it was just a formality until he cleared waivers. He has been in town because the Kings obviously knew that no one was going to claim Zeiler, even for half the cap hit.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
  #89
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I think it was just a formality until he cleared waivers. He has been in town because the Kings obviously knew that no one was going to claim Zeiler, even for half the cap hit.
I wouldn't want him just for the damage he would do to my boards. Too expensive cleaning the glass as well. Save a lot of money on sticks though.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:31 PM
  #90
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I really don't think that Zeiler brings anything special to the team.

He is replaceable in my opinion. I am certain that there's an extra ice skating chimp somewhere around hollywood that we could have signed for less and who might do a much better job given the chance.

Now skating on the ice, your Los Angeles Kings and announcing the newest King CO-CO!


Last edited by etherialone: 11-29-2010 at 08:47 PM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
  #91
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
WOW are we desparate, or what?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:24 PM
  #92
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Why, what have you heard Die Hard? Did Steve tell you that? Steve...Huh. He doesn't know how desperate I am er, I mean not.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
  #93
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Maybe DL had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I really don't think that Zeiler brings anything special to the team.

He is replaceable in my opinion. I am certain that there's an extra ice skating chimp somewhere around hollywood that we could have signed for less and who might do a much better job given the chance.

Now skating on the ice, your Los Angeles Kings and announcing the newest King CO-CO!
the Monarchs stats sheet upside down most teams take players from the top not the bottom of it.What a weird organization.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
  #94
spudboy
Registered User
 
spudboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Idaho Falls
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Zeiler has been ok on the 4th line. He is what he is. BTW, wouldn't Clune have had to clear re-entry waivers, also. And, if he is a better option, wouldn't that mean he would have been more likely to have been claimed.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
  #95
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Zeiler has been ok on the 4th line. He is what he is. BTW, wouldn't Clune have had to clear re-entry waivers, also. And, if he is a better option, wouldn't that mean he would have been more likely to have been claimed.
so your logic is never ever bring a good player up out of fear of waivers?

exemple, if we need clune, bring up zeiler cause of waivers??

i dunno, regardless i dont think clune would be picked up by any team. alot of better players cleared waivers so

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
  #96
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Zeiler is Zeiler . . at least he hasn't taken any dumb penalties.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 11:33 PM
  #97
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Zeiler has been ok on the 4th line. He is what he is. BTW, wouldn't Clune have had to clear re-entry waivers, also. And, if he is a better option, wouldn't that mean he would have been more likely to have been claimed.
Nope, Clune is on a two-way where his AHL is less than 100,000 therefore Clune would not have to clear re-entry waivers.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
  #98
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,066
vCash: 500
Have they bought stronger glass this year knowing that Zeiler was going to be called up??? I don't recall too much of it being broken as of late due to his missed checks...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
  #99
spudboy
Registered User
 
spudboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Idaho Falls
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
so your logic is never ever bring a good player up out of fear of waivers?
No. My logic is to not give away players, that could still be of use to the team, for nothing, if that would likely happen.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
  #100
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Have they bought stronger glass this year knowing that Zeiler was going to be called up??? I don't recall too much of it being broken as of late due to his missed checks...
More to do with him playing 5 minutes a game and not being able to "weaken" the glass by running into it repeatedly...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.