HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The turn the clock back edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
  #76
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
well, it's interesting to hear slake on the video review of this, cause I was sitting withing 20 ft of it the second time, and saw the replay on the screen at the game...........and i couldn't believe it and didn't see it. pekka was a little peeved the second time.
On the 2nd one, Rinne played the puck in the trapezoid but a Ranger blocked it; while Rinne reached for the puck, it sure looked like the Dman that was there (Cube?) is the one that played it.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:15 AM
  #77
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Regardless if it was during a hockey play or not, you're still responsible for your stick. .
We hear that all the time when we get a high stick penalty on the Preds, but yet here it wasn't called. And the puck was right there, so no one can use that as an excuse that the officials didn't see it, at least one or 2 would have been looking (a ref and at least one linesman because the puck was so close to the blueline). I think it was totally an accident, but it doesn't matter, Avery's stick caught Franson in the throat and it was bad enough that Franson had to go to the hospital, it should have been a penalty.




Awesome goal by Wilson!!

I think Tootoo only does his arm waving at home. I don't remember seeing him do it on the road. It's fun, it gets the crowd going. He knows most fans hate Avery and he just beat him, he was getting the crowd going.

Shane O'Brien is not a fighter.

I'm happy with the restraint Weber showed. Dubinsky did everything he could to get Weber to go and they almost did. But Weber in the box for 5 minutes would not have been a good trade.

That Boyle kid for the Rangers is freaking huge, but he doesn't play like it. His size wasn't really noticeable except when he was up against smaller guys like Bouillon.

At one point in the third period, every single Preds shot went into Lundqvist's chest. We took one shot, no rebounds, right into the crest, held for a whistle.



Another sellout, another loss. I agree they didn't play terrible in this game, but it's still fans leaving the building after another loss.



Pretty hard to win a game when you force your goalie to have to have a shutout in order to win.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
  #78
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross
 
DontCallPlayersStuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
This not scoring stuff is getting old, very fast.
The forecheck is there, the possession has gotten better...but it usually just consists of keeping the puck on the perimeter. In most cases, there isn't even a shot generated. Aside from Hornqvist, there is almost no net traffic to speak of...we're making things very easy on goalies right now...everything coming from the outside, everything clearly visible straight in.

Lundqvist didn't have to be all that great, honestly. For the most part, he was rarely tested. Credit that he controlled his rebounds and such, but in most cases, there was no one there to do anything with it when there was one. He was as good as he had to be, but he didn't have to be great.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
  #79
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 5,027
vCash: 500
Slake, I don't buy your comment about centers. Wilson is a center. Put him at center right now we have

Goc
O'Reilly
Wilson
Smithson

Is that ideal? No, but we need to make it work. Good teams overcome adversity, right now we are getting ****ed by it.

I wonder if we could swing a deal for andrew cogliano. That poor guy needs to get out of Edmonton...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:22 AM
  #80
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Slake, I don't buy your comment about centers. Wilson is a center. Put him at center right now we have

Goc
O'Reilly
Wilson
Smithson

Is that ideal? No, but we need to make it work. Good teams overcome adversity, right now we are getting ****ed by it.

I wonder if we could swing a deal for andrew cogliano. That poor guy needs to get out of Edmonton...
I don't think you can argue with the stats. Our production is good for 6th in the league with three lines going and drops to dead last when we only have two centers with offensive skill in the lineup.

Wilson has been tried at center and went into a total funk due to the added defensive pressures. He has gotten on the scoresheet the last two games and has begun to earn more ice time playing on the wing again. I'd hate to switch his position again right now. Let the kid develop at his own pace.

Legwand is not practicing today. The Predators should seriously consider recalling Jamie Lundmark from Milwaukee to fill that third line center role and scratch Kostitsyn for a game or two (or whoever needs the night off from the flu).

The lineup will be much more effective with O'Reilly, Goc, and Lundmark as our top 3 centers than having to slot one of Smithson or Spaling in there...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
  #81
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 5,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't think you can argue with the stats. Our production is good for 6th in the league with three lines going and drops to dead last when we only have two centers with offensive skill in the lineup.

Wilson has been tried at center and went into a total funk due to the added defensive pressures. He has gotten on the scoresheet the last two games and has begun to earn more ice time playing on the wing again. I'd hate to switch his position again right now. Let the kid develop at his own pace.

Legwand is not practicing today. The Predators should seriously consider recalling Jamie Lundmark from Milwaukee to fill that third line center role and scratch Kostitsyn for a game or two (or whoever needs the night off from the flu).

The lineup will be much more effective with O'Reilly, Goc, and Lundmark as our top 3 centers than having to slot one of Smithson or Spaling in there...
Why would you scratch SK?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:34 AM
  #82
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Why would you scratch SK?
Let's be honest. The team needs role players. Erat has taken SK's PK duties recently and he doesn't play on the PP. For whatever reason (could have also been battling the flu) Trotz gave him less than 6 minutes the other night. To bring someone into the lineup you've gotta push someone out. Smithson would be replaced by Lundmark, but Jerred is a go-to faceoff and PK man so he stays in. Spaling has largely been our No. 1 PK'er since being recalled so he's likely in as well. That really makes the choice either Ward or Kostitsyn and I just don't see Trotz taking Ward off the PK right now.

That's how I arrived at scratching SK, although I'm not set on it by any means...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:44 AM
  #83
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post

That Boyle kid for the Rangers is freaking huge, but he doesn't play like it. His size wasn't really noticeable except when he was up against smaller guys like Bouillon.
After watching Boyle, at 6'7" and weighing 244lbs, play as soft as he did, I will never complain about Franson again. (well, not this year - 2010 - anyway)

Even against Cube the only real advantage he had was reach - Cube giving away 50lbs and Boyle still couldn't move him very well.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:56 AM
  #84
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross
 
DontCallPlayersStuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Let's be honest. The team needs role players. Erat has taken SK's PK duties recently and he doesn't play on the PP. For whatever reason (could have also been battling the flu) Trotz gave him less than 6 minutes the other night. To bring someone into the lineup you've gotta push someone out. Smithson would be replaced by Lundmark, but Jerred is a go-to faceoff and PK man so he stays in. Spaling has largely been our No. 1 PK'er since being recalled so he's likely in as well. That really makes the choice either Ward or Kostitsyn and I just don't see Trotz taking Ward off the PK right now.

That's how I arrived at scratching SK, although I'm not set on it by any means...
Wilson, goal aside, is the most badly in need of an eye-opener scratch, right now.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
  #85
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Wilson, goal aside, is the most badly in need of an eye-opener scratch, right now.
I would've agreed on Friday, but Trotz praised Wilson Saturday night after rewarding him with more ice time in the game vs. New York. I think he gets a another chance to get going...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.