HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you have 2010-2011 FANTASY LEAGUE Questions (Kings Related)? Ask Here

Old
10-10-2010, 12:30 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
I have Quick on my fantasy team. who starting for the king tonight vs the Flames?
When you're dealing with Terry Murray as head coach these types of questions cannot be answered. I was positive Schenn would not get much PP time then he pretty much is out there all game and one of the Kings best players. Any player, any given night. Bernier should get the start, back to back on the road but that might make too much sense.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:57 PM
JayCee

OK Thanks

JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Trollmark*

Justin Williams

Hey guys, just asking a fantasy question here.
I know Justin is doing well this year,and I have an option of picking him up this month, to replace a very slacking, terrible RW (whom shall not be named, but someone you guys see quite a bit every year).
Can we expect at least 60 pts from him? Unfortunately I don't watch enough Kings games here. So I come to ask the pros.
Also how does he fair when it comes to plus/minus? As he isnt doing too bad now.
Thanks!

Trollmark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 02:11 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
be advised that this is a contract year for him... yet, proceed with caution.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey Maker View Post
Hey guys, just asking a fantasy question here.
I know Justin is doing well this year,and I have an option of picking him up this month, to replace a very slacking, terrible RW (whom shall not be named, but someone you guys see quite a bit every year).
Can we expect at least 60 pts from him? Unfortunately I don't watch enough Kings games here. So I come to ask the pros.
Also how does he fair when it comes to plus/minus? As he isnt doing too bad now.
Thanks!
If he stays healthy it is very possible for 60 points to be on the horizon, but it is a hard thing to predict. Depends on if the second line can keep their momentum going and if Williams can stay healthy.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Everlong
-

Hows Smyth so far this season? Is he creating chances or merely along for the ride on that stoll line? Watched him while he was in colorado, and saw glimpses of him last year. Haven't gotten around to watch a kings game yet. His goals and assist totals seem just right, want to know what a kings fan thinks of him so far though.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 06:37 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Hows Smyth so far this season? Is he creating chances or merely along for the ride on that stoll line? Watched him while he was in colorado, and saw glimpses of him last year. Haven't gotten around to watch a kings game yet. His goals and assist totals seem just right, want to know what a kings fan thinks of him so far though.
He's doing alright, I'd say Williams is the one creating most things on that line but Smyth, as always, is there to pick up the dirt around the net. He definitely looks more like a complementary player at this stage of his career, he has whiffed on more chances than anyone on the team, that's for sure

I'd say ~20 goals ~50 points is a reasonable expectation for him.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
nyr199435

Offered a trade for Quick

Hey all, Rangers fan here but I was offered a trade involving two Kings and figured you guys would be the right people to ask.
I get: Jonathan Quick
I give: Jack Johnson, Steve Mason

Now the situation is my other goalies are Jimmy Howard and Ryan Miller, and my other d-men are Dougty, Visnovsky, Myers, and Markov. I have Kopitar on my team as well, so my feeling is that there are only so many points to go around on the Kings roster, so Johnson isn't terribly valuable to me. But then again, he really stepped up in Doughty's absence and could be finally breaking out.

Quick's numbers from last season are far better than Mason's, but his position is in jeopardy due to Bernier being the goalie of the future. I know he'd be an upgrade over Mason, but is he worth Jack Johnson? Thanks to any and all for the responses.

Oh, if it helps, scoring is as follows:
Forwards/Defensemen: G, A, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG
Goalies: Wins, SV%, GAA, SO

nyr199435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 06:59 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Noticed something kind of funny about one of my fantasy teams, all 10 skaters and both goaltenders are on the road tonight.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
JayVeeAre
schenn02-snet

Hey guys, Just wondering whats up with Brayden Schenn, will he be playing with the kings for the rest of the season, or is he stying in the AHL (I thought he was to young to even be there)

Thanks for your help

JayVeeAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn14 View Post
Hey guys, Just wondering whats up with Brayden Schenn, will he be playing with the kings for the rest of the season, or is he stying in the AHL (I thought he was to young to even be there)

Thanks for your help
It's up in the air. The Kings are certainly delaying as much as they possibly can on the decision. It sounds like Murray wants him sent down because he doesn't have the room to play him enough, and Lombardi wants him to stay up because he believes he will advance more just bring around and playing with pros than going back to juniors. That is all speculation of course derived from Murray's comments that Schenn maybe best suited in going back down and the fact that the team has yet to do it, even to stall and delay by routing him through the AHL on a conditioning assignment.

We will know the answer soon though, because they can't delay much longer; however, the perfect opportunity has arisen with our offense floundering. It is up to Schenn overall. If he can grab a job and prove he can stick, then he will stay, if not, then he may go down.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
JayVeeAre
schenn02-snet

Thank you very much!

JayVeeAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Alex Ponikarvorsky

Hey guys,

Do you have any updates on when Alex Ponikarovsky may return from injury?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Chazz Reinhold

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/11/30...ovsky-updates/

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Thanks alot, cheers! Do you guys think he will be playing on the top line when he returns to fill in for Scott Parse?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:38 PM
lafan13

no, think he will be back with hanzues on L3.

simmonds, zues, poni were a solid line at the start of the year... id expect to see that reunited.

lafan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:14 PM
NHLFreak

Jon Bernier

You've probably been asked this question many times but Im wondering if anythings changed. Maybe you guys here more.

Whats the deal with Bernier? How long before hes a #1 Goalie? Do you see him playing more games in the 2nd half?

Any new news or opinions on this?

Thanks so much!

NHLFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:47 PM
DeeMeck

I think all you can really expect is that he is going to play in back-to-back situations and any time we play Nashville. Can't count on much else the way Quick is playing.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Kings man 4 life

Looking for a replacement owner for a team in a 2nd year ESPN Fantasy hockey team. I'm making it clear that you have NO WAY IN HELL of winning this year as it was badly managed and then abandoned. Team is 0-15 and needs a patient owner for next years rebuild. Its a 10 team 4 player keeper league. So you can be competitive next year as most of the rosters get dumped. Sent me a PM if interested, first come first serve. I want an active owner as most of the league is competitive and want someone with the mentality of I'm going to kick your ass next year. Link for the team is below.

http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/clubhou...&seasonId=2011

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:42 PM
AmazingNuck

Any one know how long Sturm will be out for?

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote