HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whose eating crow first

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
  #51
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Well if it doesn't bother you, why does your post sound so sour? I notice your post for 2 reasons, your avatar is original, so it's very easy to notice you and that I find you're overly critical of our management.

I have no problem with how you are, I just pointed out what I read in most of your post.

And if you think I follow "the trend" I guess you don't take much notice to my avatar, even it is also original
Was it my font that makes it so sour? Maybe you are licking your monitor and tasting the "snozberries".

I HAD a problem with managment, so far JM has been decent. If Eller pans out he will be downright respectable. I don't like gomez like most and think our defense needs help badly. I feel if price ever comes back to earth this team is in serious problems.

I guess if you want to see those as negative go ahead, I think critically, why should I spend time fapping to things I like about the team? There are thousands in here that do that all day.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
  #52
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
A bunch of people who don't want to eat crow saying it's too early? Who would've though

It's always too early when you guys get called out but when you make judgment about a trade right when it happens it isn't too early then apparently is it.

I just find it funny, it's always "way too early to have people eating crow" but the instances being referred to here are times where people judged a trade immediately without even knowing much about the return in most cases. This is why I always have an innocent until proven guilty mentality about trades these days. Our management aren't idiots and they want what's best for the team. Judging a trade right away is pretty stupid, not saying I haven't done so in the past but Moore had me eating crow when I did.

Learn from your crow incidents people, learn.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:08 AM
  #53
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 0
I have been up and done Pleks after his crappy year two seasons ago.
I figured that last year was a "contract year" and this year he would **** the bed again...
I am happy i was wrong
He has been great this year

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
  #54
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
A bunch of people who don't want to eat crow saying it's too early? Who would've though

It's always too early when you guys get called out but when you make judgment about a trade right when it happens it isn't too early then apparently is it.

I just find it funny, it's always "way too early to have people eating crow" but the instances being referred to here are times where people judged a trade immediately without even knowing much about the return in most cases. This is why I always have an innocent until proven guilty mentality about trades these days. Our management aren't idiots and they want what's best for the team. Judging a trade right away is pretty stupid, not saying I haven't done so in the past but Moore had me eating crow when I did.

Learn from your crow incidents people, learn.
I agree with what your saying in principal Neo.

The difference between the Moore trade and the others right now is that the Moore's impact on the Canadiens in the playoffs was great and he is no longer with us. So basically his chapter and what he contributed to us is closed. It was a solid run for Moore, so it's easy to look back on the trade and go "ok, I was wrong".

When it comes to whether we should have traded Price instead of Halak, or held out or gone after a "better" return"... That's simply going to take time. Eller will probably take another 2-3 years to reach his prime and we get to see what he is really going to offer us. I like what I've seen thus far. Price has outplayed Halak so far this season, but in the first 10 games Halak was outplaying Price. I give the nod to Price at the moment. Both will likely have long successful careers in the NHL and the comparisons will continue to be made for a long time.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong about Price up until now, but I never wanted him to fail.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
  #55
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I supported the trade for Moore from day 1.

I was alright with the Halpern signing.

I was unsure of the Halak-Price choice, I was more of a Halak supporter. I as proven wrong *so far*, want a trophy?

The Bournival for O'Byrne trade? I don't mind the trade but Bournival likely won't play in the NHL for atleast several seasons... Let's cool our jets here. I support the trade for simple fact it didn't seem O'B would play another game with us, and we seemed to get a pretty good prospect out of it.
Not to mention the fact that the Habs don't have to pay Bournival's salary while removing O'Byrne's.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
  #56
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Not to mention the fact that the Habs don't have to pay Bournival's salary while removing O'Byrne's.
Excellent point.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with this extra cap space between now and the deadline, and if we get the extra 5.75M from the Markov LTIR *if thats the case*. No way we sit on that cap space, they will make a move.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
  #57
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
I loved the Halpern signing, the Moore trade and the O'Byrne trade.
I wasn't convinced about the Halak trade, and never will be until I get a confirmation what we'd have gotten for Price isn't better than what we've got in exchange for Halak. 24 games is a very small sample in a goalie's career.

As for Yzerman vs Gauthier, I'd still be picking Yzerman if I was given the occasion.
You (and the Habs) didn't have the "occasion." Gauthier tookthe reins LAST season and was held over. Yzerman joined Tampa Bay between seasons. Who knows how Yzerman would have handled the goaltender situation? He might have traded Price and I would have agonized over it (as would others on this board if Price starred for another team).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:17 PM
  #58
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I agree with what your saying in principal Neo.

The difference between the Moore trade and the others right now is that the Moore's impact on the Canadiens in the playoffs was great and he is no longer with us. So basically his chapter and what he contributed to us is closed. It was a solid run for Moore, so it's easy to look back on the trade and go "ok, I was wrong".

When it comes to whether we should have traded Price instead of Halak, or held out or gone after a "better" return"... That's simply going to take time. Eller will probably take another 2-3 years to reach his prime and we get to see what he is really going to offer us. I like what I've seen thus far. Price has outplayed Halak so far this season, but in the first 10 games Halak was outplaying Price. I give the nod to Price at the moment. Both will likely have long successful careers in the NHL and the comparisons will continue to be made for a long time.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong about Price up until now, but I never wanted him to fail.
A fair point but I'm just trying to shed some light on the fact that in general the people so quickly to whine and say "it's too soon to tell" are the very same people who were first to say "horrible trade/signing/deal/etc" the first day it happened before even seeing the guy play, let alone a week later. It's hypocritical and very stupid and imo that way of thinking is just plain retarded.

If you don't want to be poked fun at and told to eat crow where it's due then don't be so quick to judge. I'm not trying to sit here and say I've never myself judged sooner rather than later but when it came time to eat crow I ate it with a smile on my face.

Fact is whenever I'm eating crow typically it's about a player playing above expectations, though I'm pretty lucky when it comes to picking whose going to play well If you see my blog my three main picks were A Kost, Price and Plekanec. For a lot of people those picks prior to the season were no-brainers aside from Andrei but for a lot of people it's "common sense". When it comes to saying a player is awful sometimes I'm just plain wrong though and I've eaten crow in the past and may even in the future. I don't see what the big deal is though in scenarios like that because if anything I'll happily eat crow when a player plays above my expectations it's when a player plays below expectations that has me unhappy about eating crow.

Either way I just find it shows some people would rather Price etc just fail so they can say "nanny nanny poo poo I was right and you were wrong nanny nanny poo poo" rather than having a successful team....

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:51 PM
  #59
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, it's still early.

December brings with it our toughest stretch of the season.
15 games in 31 nights, 10 of them on the road including a 7 game road trip to finish the month and tough opposition at every turn to boot.

Lets wait to see where we are come January before doing a "Leaf fan after winning 5 games" impression.
Y es i totally agree- we have seen this before and more than once
you dont marry after the first Kiss!
nothiong wrong expouting the good things- but 20 plus games means not a hell of a lot yet--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
  #60
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
A fair point but I'm just trying to shed some light on the fact that in general the people so quickly to whine and say "it's too soon to tell" are the very same people who were first to say "horrible trade/signing/deal/etc" the first day it happened before even seeing the guy play, let alone a week later. It's hypocritical and very stupid and imo that way of thinking is just plain retarded.

If you don't want to be poked fun at and told to eat crow where it's due then don't be so quick to judge. I'm not trying to sit here and say I've never myself judged sooner rather than later but when it came time to eat crow I ate it with a smile on my face.

Fact is whenever I'm eating crow typically it's about a player playing above expectations, though I'm pretty lucky when it comes to picking whose going to play well If you see my blog my three main picks were A Kost, Price and Plekanec. For a lot of people those picks prior to the season were no-brainers aside from Andrei but for a lot of people it's "common sense". When it comes to saying a player is awful sometimes I'm just plain wrong though and I've eaten crow in the past and may even in the future. I don't see what the big deal is though in scenarios like that because if anything I'll happily eat crow when a player plays above my expectations it's when a player plays below expectations that has me unhappy about eating crow.

Either way I just find it shows some people would rather Price etc just fail so they can say "nanny nanny poo poo I was right and you were wrong nanny nanny poo poo" rather than having a successful team....
thats just you thinking that- i also thought the pressure would be too much for Price and am very satisfied to be wrong about that-- take a chill pill and dont get so serious

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
  #61
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
thats just you thinking that- i also thought the pressure would be too much for Price and am very satisfied to be wrong about that-- take a chill pill and dont get so serious
lolwut?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
  #62
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
lolwut?
i wish I could make a post that included the phrase ' nanny nanny poo-poo ' and be told that i'm being too serious.


*sigh*

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:55 PM
  #63
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
i wish I could make a post that included the phrase ' nanny nanny poo-poo ' and be told that i'm being too serious.


*sigh*
When you make long posts on HF people automatically assume you're being very serious. I guess for the slow typers out there it's hard to understand how somebody couldn't make a big post if they weren't serious.

I type at over 120wpm though and my mind thinks faster than I can even type at times. It's the ADD but it's got really nothing to do with the seriousness of my posts

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.