HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#26 - 11.29.2010 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-29-2010, 01:30 PM
NYRangers16

vCash: 500
last time we played them we played crosby tough and really frustrated him. one part of me wants to say we can do it again, the other part says there's no way and that he gets a trick vs us. in either case lgr! and i hope they win.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:31 PM
AJRanger

What's with all this 'man-up' crap? The flu absolutely knocks the stuffing out of you, completely.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I'll be watching the game tied down to a chair with a stressball and the walls will be padded. LGR!
lol bubble wrap your tv too just in case

Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
lol bubble wrap your tv too just in case
I'm going to need a seat in that padded room. The last Pens game I broke a few things.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Im gonna be missing this one. Sigma Chi Nationals exam tonight :-/

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
bmw2004

I want to see some extra effort from Stepan and Anisimov tonight. 4-2 Win. Go Rangers.

bmw2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
trilobyte

Rangers kind of know how to stifle Crosby, they seem to know how to get under his skin when he doesn't get the room he wants.

It's the offensive effort against a pretty solid looking MAF that I wonder about. Hopefully they get something rolling (Gaborik?) and the powerplay has nowhere to go but up, I think.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id be shocked if we won this game. we havent played a good game in a while...and the Pens are playing their best hockey of the season.

weve played hard, but we havent played well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:50 PM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
id be shocked if we won this game. we havent played a good game in a while...and the Pens are playing their best hockey of the season.

weve played hard, but we havent played well.
And truth be told, we haven't really beaten a good team WITH a good effort. The Rangers are showing character, but they need to be able to beat the best. We have lost to:

Tampa 5 - 3
Colorado 5 - 1
Boston 3 - 2
Washington 5 - 3
Philly 4 - 1

All 5 of those teams I would say were playing very good hockey when we lost to them. Except for the Pittsburgh game, we haven't beat many good teams this year. Hopefully that changes tonight

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:51 PM
bmw2004

Alex ****ing Frolov should finally wake up. He is been so useless so far.

bmw2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
What's with all this 'man-up' crap? The flu absolutely knocks the stuffing out of you, completely.
Yeah, I don't get it either. It's crazy talk.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
A lot of people in this thread who have obviously never had the flu or similar illness before. It's brutal.

You know it's not like a cold, right? The flu is REALLY bad. 36,000 people a year die from the flu in the US alone. Mostly old / very young, but still, its no joke.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Brooks's article on Stepan vs. Crosby tonight.

Quote:
It's a challenge to make sure that he's contained even a little bit. I'll do everything in my power to disrupt his game.
Quote:
For me, it's always been that if I play well defensively, then offense is never too big of an issue. It's kind of a wild card for me, but it works.
Quote:
If I play well defensively, I play well offensively. And if I can disrupt Crosby, it will make my night.

Last edited by Wraparounds: 11-29-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old
11-29-2010, 01:58 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
A lot of people in this thread who have obviously never had the flu or similar illness before. It's brutal.

You know it's not like a cold, right? The flu is REALLY bad. 36,000 people a year die from the flu in the US alone. Mostly old / very young, but still, its no joke.
The common cold can be misdiagnosed as the flu in people. But, for athletes who play through ailments all the time, a bad cold is still playable. If Gaborik isn't playing it's because he legitimately has the flu, which is nasty.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:59 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I've never had the flu.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
GrizMint

would rather see Anisimov out there against Crosby over Stepan. You think the first line with Dubi Calli and Stepen will match up against Crosby? Doesnt make sense to me not having Anisimov against him, but maybe Torts is evening out the lines to play against the Malkin line.

Edit: NVM thought I saw somewhere that Stepan was playing inbetween Cally and Dubi

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKING33 View Post
would rather see Anisimov out there against Crosby over Stepan. You think the first line with Dubi Calli and Stepen will match up against Crosby? Doesnt make sense to me not having Anisimov against him, but maybe Torts is evening out the lines to play against the Malkin line.

Edit: NVM thought I saw somewhere that Stepan was playing inbetween Cally and Dubi
He is.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
GrizMint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
He is.

So that is the line that is matching up with Crosby? I guess it is a good thing to put Anisimov out against the bigger and stronger Malkin

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:23 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Quote:
It's a challenge to make sure that he's contained even a little bit. I'll do everything in my power to disrupt his game.
Quote:
f I play well defensively, I play well offensively. And if I can disrupt Crosby, it will make my night.
With all the careless players recent years, this made me almost cry.

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
The common cold can be misdiagnosed as the flu in people. But, for athletes who play through ailments all the time, a bad cold is still playable. If Gaborik isn't playing it's because he legitimately has the flu, which is nasty.
Im just really confused as to why these guys never get flu shots? I mean there like 20 bucks at k-mart....wtf is up with that

and love how stepan has been put in such a big role at such a young age....regardless of whether he plays as well as id like him to it will give him some huge experience to grow on

I also had no clue torts called the league after the game last time. Can't wait to see how the refs decide to call this one

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
nevesis

You have to realize, they call most EVERYTHING a 'Flu' when it comes to the team.

If you've ever had a terrible, chest/head cold and can't breathe, have a terrible cough, you wouldn't be able to play. But have you ever heard them say, Henrik Lundqvist is out tonight with a cold? No, because it sounds weak.

Flu is the word that encompasses anything from an actual stomach flu, to a knock you down cold. Both viruses obviously, but vastly different from one another.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
You have to realize, they call most EVERYTHING a 'Flu' when it comes to the team.

If you've ever had a terrible, chest/head cold and can't breathe, have a terrible cough, you wouldn't be able to play. But have you ever heard them say, Henrik Lundqvist is out tonight with a cold? No, because it sounds weak.

Flu is the word that encompasses anything from an actual stomach flu, to a knock you down cold. Both viruses obviously, but vastly different from one another.
Pretty much. This sounds like the real flu though. Back when Henrik sat out those games against Buffalo ans Edmonton because he had the "flu", it had looked like he was fine when he was at the 85th anniversary celebration. The flu covers anything from sneezing once to not being able to get out of bed.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

The actual Flu is much different than a stomach flu/bug or a "knock you down cold." If you have the flu you literally can't get out of bed.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Im just really confused as to why these guys never get flu shots? I mean there like 20 bucks at k-mart....wtf is up with that

and love how stepan has been put in such a big role at such a young age....regardless of whether he plays as well as id like him to it will give him some huge experience to grow on

I also had no clue torts called the league after the game last time. Can't wait to see how the refs decide to call this one
given the stuff they put in flushots i pretty much would rather deal with the flu but to those who don't have an objection to them i guess it's a good question.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I'll do everything in my power to disrupt his game.
That just sounds so damn intense. Get 'em, Step.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote