HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trophy Hockey Season 8; Will Saint Nik deliver?

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
If I pick the lowest sponsor, I still have 7-8 mil in cap space lol.

Everyone on my team went down in wages. I saved about 5 mil.
I shaved about the same amount off my wages. No idea how that happened, but I like it. Selecting the lowest season goal (avoiding relegation) gives me $11.5 mil in space now, about $5 mil after my FAs come in and before I cut anyone. So pumped for this season now.

edit: L-Train, check out how cheap mine is: http://trophyhockey.org/clubhouse_sq...ge.php?id=6851

Old
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Your players are literally half as cheap as mine at the upper echelon of the scale. It's ********.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:21 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Wait, if you choose a worse season goal... you get more cap space?

I'm confused.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:21 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Your players are literally half as cheap as mine at the upper echelon of the scale. It's ********.
My players are a lot older than yours, lowering their TRV considerably. Tell me it's ******** a year from now when mine are retiring and yours are dominating the **** out of everyone.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:24 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
My players are a lot older than yours, lowering their TRV considerably. Tell me it's ******** a year from now when mine are retiring and yours are dominating the **** out of everyone.
Yeah, dominating in 3.1. Great. I'm still ****ing pissed, he said no big increases, yet I'm looking at a 10% jump!

Old
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Wait, if you choose a worse season goal... you get more cap space?

I'm confused.
No, you get less. They're just saying that's how much they will have if they take a ****** offer, meaning if they pick a better one, they'll have even more room.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:26 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Yeah, dominating in 3.1. Great. I'm still ****ing pissed, he said no big increases, yet I'm looking at a 10% jump!
I think all the trophies Dohn won has a lot to do with that.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:31 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I think all the trophies Dohn won has a lot to do with that.
Dohn won more last year. But that doesn't explain why Brown (#1 D) jumped 800k and didn't win ****, and why Morgan (#1 G) jumped almost a mill and didn't win **** either. Dohn only went up like 600k compared to them.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:54 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I got some vets on free agency for super cheap. I lost one however, some ****er outbid me last minute.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Dohn won more last year. But that doesn't explain why Brown (#1 D) jumped 800k and didn't win ****, and why Morgan (#1 G) jumped almost a mill and didn't win **** either. Dohn only went up like 600k compared to them.
How can you be surprised that your 88 EPA goalie got a pay increase at 22 years old? Dude is a beast and every year his average increases and routine increases his salary will as long as he's not over 27 or 28. My goalie went up 800k and is only a 79 EPA. I knew he would go up since he's young and gaining TI. Common sense man. Salaries are relative to the player skill. When he said they wouldn't increase he meant it wouldn't be a uniform raise like it was before last year where literally 90% of players got huge raises regardless of age.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
magritte

Quote:
It's not trophies, per say, but more likely because they played so well and earned a lot of star points. Stars are very expensive and look at all the stars next to their names, they're like scarlet letters

I had a player pick up 1.5 more stars this season and his wage increased almost 50%, but fortunately my total team budget actually went down so much that it was offset.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magritte View Post
It's not trophies, per say, but more likely because they played so well and earned a lot of star points. Stars are very expensive and look at all the stars next to their names, they're like scarlet letters :/

I had a player pick up 1.5 more stars this season and his wage increased almost 50%, but fortunately my total team budget actually went down so much that it was offset.
I dont know if it was start points. I had a guy who gained either a star or half a star and his wage went down around 800k

Old
11-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Ltrain, I also noticed you literally have 3 players on your roster over 30 years old. How do you expect a bunch of guys just entering their prime to notincrease your wages. That's exactly why people say it's important to build a team with some young guys and some good vets. For example, you have 3 guys over 30, 2 of which put up good numbers yet the 3 of gem combined make under 3.5 million.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Ltrain, I also noticed you literally have 3 players on your roster over 30 years old. How do you expect a bunch of guys just entering their prime to notincrease your wages. That's exactly why people say it's important to build a team with some young guys and some good vets. For example, you have 3 guys over 30, 2 of which put up good numbers yet the 3 of gem combined make under 3.5 million.
It's not the filler that's the problem here, it's my big three that combine to make something like $17m... It's ridiculous how you can play WORSE and get a massive pay raise.

The numbers, hopefully, aren't final yet. I'm hoping Dave is talking to Nik or something and relaying info since Nik is staying hush so far.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
magritte

Quote:
I dont know if it was start points. I had a guy who gained either a star or half a star and his wage went down around 800k
You promoted to 1.1 right? That's probably a big reason. Players want more money when they're playing in a weaker league relative to their skills.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magritte View Post
You promoted to 1.1 right? That's probably a big reason. Players want more money when they're playing in a weaker league relative to their skills.
Yea thats most likely the reason.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:23 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Yea thats most likely the reason.
I find it ridiculous that it's such a massive drop off from 2.1 to 1.1 though. It should be like 20% max (IE, worst 2.1 team facing relegation) to 5% min (Wesley cup winner/loser) drop in wages. I mean, what would Dohn make in 1.1? Propose a trade for him and see?

Old
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I find it ridiculous that it's such a massive drop off from 2.1 to 1.1 though. It should be like 20% max (IE, worst 2.1 team facing relegation) to 5% min (Wesley cup winner/loser) drop in wages. I mean, what would Dohn make in 1.1? Propose a trade for him and see?
Well he is currently locked plus trading isnt open yet. When I click on the trade button I go right to the main menu.

Old
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Well he is currently locked plus trading isnt open yet. When I click on the trade button I go right to the main menu.
Yeah, I mean, when it is, hopefully before Nik hits the sack, propose a trade. I'm curious at how much of a dropoff it is.

Just set him as trade-able so you can try later.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:06 PM
agrudez*

I promoted from 4.5 to 3.2, leveled myself 5 times to raise my PR from 0 to 40 and all of my players still increased about 200K in wages.

Man, it could have been a bloodbath had I not done both of those things.

(either that, or neither of those things even helped.)

PS. If Dohn is killing your budget I would be MORE than happy to take him L.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:21 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I already said he's a Green Devil for life on the TH Boards. Brown is the first to go if it comes down to it.

Current wages aren't finalized, I have a feeling this is just the raw wages, without the coaching factors (Player relations and Negotiations) taken into account.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I promoted from 4.5 to 3.2, leveled myself 5 times to raise my PR from 0 to 40 and all of my players still increased about 200K in wages.

Man, it could have been a bloodbath had I not done both of those things.

(either that, or neither of those things even helped.)

I'm starting to really doubt how much the attributes even effect this game. I mean seriously, I have a 50 in player relations, negotiations and media relations. My budget barely moved and my player salaries all increased if they weren't over 28. It really me wonder. A few seasons ago I had networking or whatever skill effects scouting players up to 50 and received 1 PM the whole season giving info on 1 crappy SAR 1 player. I quickly reset and used the points elsewhere. It makes me wonder if that is so useless, what do the others do? Other than the training ones which seem to only effect fitness and morale they all seem to be worthless.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
I already said he's a Green Devil for life on the TH Boards. Brown is the first to go if it comes down to it.

Current wages aren't finalized, I have a feeling this is just the raw wages, without the coaching factors (Player relations and Negotiations) taken into account.
Isn't the system still processing player wages?

Old
11-29-2010, 03:42 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I hope he finishes this wage ****. I have one guy I am REALLY hoping to grab. His bidding ends in like 16 hours.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
L-train*

Quote:
I hope he finishes this wage ****. I have one guy I am REALLY hoping to grab. His bidding ends in like 16 hours.
I have my eyes on a few guys too, this **** needs to hurry up so I can jettison some dead weight, get some cheap **** draft picks in, then sign some new guys.

Closed Thread