HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jody Shelley - Good signing!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2010, 10:16 AM
  #226
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
Well it's just like anything else...you want up and coming fighters, not aging past their prime fighters. Apparently Homer didn't get the memo. Seriously, I figured toughness was the one thing we could count on with Shelley, but we're not even getting that.
never liekd him as a fighter. He is a middle of the pack ham and egger imo. That is whats diappointing. The flyers alwyas had the top end fighter, not any more. If yoru going to have one have one of the best.

jb** is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 11:40 AM
  #227
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
never liekd him as a fighter. He is a middle of the pack ham and egger imo. That is whats diappointing. The flyers alwyas had the top end fighter, not any more. If yoru going to have one have one of the best.
That's true...the biggest value in a fighter is intimidation, and I don't think any player is hesitating to take a shot at any of the Flyers' skill players because they'll have to answer to Jody Shelley.

CTU2fan is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 04:19 PM
  #228
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
11-29-2010, 08:20 AM
  #229
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 165
Wtf, this is from the Halifax mooseheads wiki

Players
[edit] NHL alumni
Ramzi Abid
Andrew Bodnarchuk
David Brine
Frédéric Cassivi
Marc Chouinard
Joe DiPenta
Benoit Dusablon
Ryan Flinn
Jean-Sébastien Gigučre
Éric Houde
Milan Jurčina
Jason King
Pascal Leclaire
Joey MacDonald
Brad Marchand
Ladislav Nagy
Alexandre Picard
Brandon Reid
Jody Shelley
Alex Tanguay
Jakub Voráček
Petr Vrána


[edit] Retired numbers
18 Alex Tanguay
25 Jody Shelley
47 Jean-Sébastien Gigučre


Can u imagine shelley's no. hanging in anyones rafters! Especially up with tanguay and giguere, who have both been good players in the league... unbelievable. Wonder if this is the strangest retired number of all time.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
11-29-2010, 09:49 AM
  #230
The Saw Is the Law
Registered User
 
The Saw Is the Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Retired numbers
18 Alex Tanguay
25 Jody Shelley
47 Jean-Sébastien Gigučre

Can u imagine shelley's no. hanging in anyones rafters! Especially up with tanguay and giguere, who have both been good players in the league... unbelievable. Wonder if this is the strangest retired number of all time.
Code:
 Season  		Team  			League  	GP  	G  	A  	TP  	PIM  	   
 1994-1995 	Halifax Mooseheads 	QMJHL 	72 	10 	12	22 	194 	|
 1995-1996 	Halifax Mooseheads 	QMJHL 	50 	13 	19	32 	319 	|
 1996-1997 	Halifax Mooseheads 	QMJHL 	59 	25 	19	44 	420 	|
He was brilliant in juniors

933PIM in 181 games

The Saw Is the Law is offline  
Old
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
  #231
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Code:
 Season  		Team  			League  	GP  	G  	A  	TP  	PIM  	   
 1994-1995 	Halifax Mooseheads 	QMJHL 	72 	10 	12	22 	194 	|
 1995-1996 	Halifax Mooseheads 	QMJHL 	50 	13 	19	32 	319 	|
 1996-1997 	Halifax Mooseheads 	QMJHL 	59 	25 	19	44 	420 	|
He was brilliant in juniors
He was very good, and a HUGE fan favourite in Halifax.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
  #232
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,489
vCash: 50
420 PIM in 59 games... WOW

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
  #233
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Most NHL players were rather good in juniors and other minor leagues.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
  #234
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,544
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
420 PIM in 59 games... WOW
i like to think he got them all in one game.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-30-2010, 10:58 AM
  #235
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Most NHL players were rather good in juniors and other minor leagues.
As Brian Propp once said, the NHL is so good that even middling NHL'ers can become stars in other leagues, whether they be the AHL here in North America or in the various European leagues (KHL, SM-Liiga, Elitserien, O2, DEL, etc.).

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 11:05 AM
  #236
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
As Brian Propp once said, the NHL is so good that even middling NHL'ers can become stars in other leagues, whether they be the AHL here in North America or in the various European leagues (KHL, SM-Liiga, Elitserien, O2, DEL, etc.).
You don't even have to be an NHLer to be capable of being a star in a minor league. Take Alexandre Giroux for instance.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 11:11 AM
  #237
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You don't even have to be an NHLer to be capable of being a star in a minor league. Take Alexandre Giroux for instance.
I did. Got his card in NHL 11 HUT.

On a serious note, I agree, else players like John Slaney, Mark Greig, and Peter White would have been able to make the jump to the NHL.

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 11:19 AM
  #238
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i like to think he got them all in one game.
10 minors
1 10-min misconduct
1 game misconduct
68 fights

Yeah, that's a good night's work!

BernieParent is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
  #239
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You don't even have to be an NHLer to be capable of being a star in a minor league. Take Alexandre Giroux for instance.
ian laperriere was a prolific scorer at juniors
Games, Goals, Assists, points, PIM


1990– QMJHL 65 19 29 48 117
1991–92 QMJHL 70 28 49 77 160
1992–93 QMJHL 60 44 96 140 188
1993–94 QMJHL 62 41 72 113 150

Theo Fluery a couple of years ago became the british leagues biggest star. He scored 74 points in 34 games to go along with a rediculous 270 minutes. Yeah work that one out.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
  #240
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Theo was scoring goals from the penalty box.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
  #241
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
ian laperriere was a prolific scorer at juniors
Games, Goals, Assists, points, PIM


1990– QMJHL 65 19 29 48 117
1991–92 QMJHL 70 28 49 77 160
1992–93 QMJHL 60 44 96 140 188
1993–94 QMJHL 62 41 72 113 150

Theo Fluery a couple of years ago became the british leagues biggest star. He scored 74 points in 34 games to go along with a rediculous 270 minutes. Yeah work that one out.
So was Asham IIRC. Anyways, there's a British league?

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 05:24 PM
  #242
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 165
Fleury was incredible in the eihl, him and george awada (ex albany river rat i think?!), and (i believe) colin shields (flyers draft pick) on the same line, tbh the british leagues are poor, but getting better, however, one of the best players over here is still tony hand, and he's 43! But then again theo wasnt exactly a slouch in the nhl! Ive been looking through qmjhl scorer lists and tbh shelleys numbers arnt great (apart from pim's!) compared to anyone, it must have been more that he was a massive fan fave that his jersey was retired. Never knew lappy was so prolific in juniors, but qmjhl is a v.offensive league. There are guys scoring 60-70 goals a year who arnt even drafted (ahem, Maxime Boisclair! but that was due to him having the skating skills of a 5 year old i believe?), imagine a guy scoring 60-70 in the current day OHL or WHL! Theyd be a definite first rounder, or even if didnt have physical abilities to suceed in nhl would be taken in the mid-rounds. Im not de-valuing the qmjhl, just think that it has a very unique style that favours players with certain skill sets, and also give junior players inflated numbers in some cases, especially those who played in the 90s.


Last edited by Appleyard: 11-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:25 AM
  #243
Flamenco
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500

Flamenco is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 11:47 PM
  #244
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,249
vCash: 500
The Goon strikes again!

Clearly a great signing!


FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 09:27 AM
  #245
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a youtube of last night's block followed by the goal and player reactions? I need to see it again just in case it didn't happen.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
01-16-2011, 07:39 PM
  #246
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
01-17-2011, 07:45 AM
  #247
Jimmy Villa
Registered User
 
Jimmy Villa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bristol
Country: England
Posts: 549
vCash: 500
Shelley gets a truly rough ride from people on here, none more so than from fans of the team he is currently playing on, but you should always recognise quality amidst the reams and reams of abuse he gets.........

What an immense bomb he dropped on the Thrashers the other night. Most guys would've curled up and went down off a slapper from Buff, but Shelley ate it up, then motored down the ice and rifled a bomb into the top shelf off the post.

EXCELLENT Jody, excellent....Keep truckin dude

Jimmy Villa is offline  
Old
01-17-2011, 11:26 AM
  #248
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
I'm so glad we have shelley, keeping opposing players from taking runs at our star players, well worth the 1.1 mil insurance policy

kicksave27 is offline  
Old
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
  #249
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I'm so glad we have shelley, keeping opposing players from taking runs at our star players, well worth the 1.1 mil insurance policy
Shelley was mostly fail in that regard last game. I know he got jumped on and Avery won't go anywhere near him but *** Briere did more to prove a point. And OD has more big hits.

He's definitely good to have on the ice during certain games but I would like to see him just destroy a few more people than he has.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
  #250
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
Shelley gets a truly rough ride from people on here, none more so than from fans of the team he is currently playing on, but you should always recognise quality amidst the reams and reams of abuse he gets.........

What an immense bomb he dropped on the Thrashers the other night. Most guys would've curled up and went down off a slapper from Buff, but Shelley ate it up, then motored down the ice and rifled a bomb into the top shelf off the post.

EXCELLENT Jody, excellent....Keep truckin dude




It's like a lawnmower engine hauling a Monster truck.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.