HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trophy Hockey Season 8; Will Saint Nik deliver?

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
L-train*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im now ranked 44th in international, and 9th in national
It's gonna be impossible for new players to break into the pro-leagues someday. Someone joining right now has a huge hill that would take a couple RL years to climb, minimum, let alone someone who joins when Nik finally gets it outta beta sometime before Dec. 21st, 2012.

Old
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Considering bidding on these guys just to add men to the roster, kind of like what the Flyers were doing last season. Cheap, and may become something. I should have some space to work with, as I may be dumping a 4th line defender.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=573242
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=415833

Old
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishonHishoff View Post
Thanks!

So if I go to the EPA and decide I want to move him, how do I do it? Just put him in the lineup wherever? I guess I wanted to see if I could change his profile to show that he's a RW instead of a LW.

BTW - I just posted Trophy Hockey on the Avs board. I hope a lot of guys start playing from HF. This game looks awesome. And I love the strategy/tactics involved so far.
It's click and drag... and you can't change what he shows as in the lineup. It's a pretty sweet game, but still in development, so a work in progress. Has great potential though. What's your country, team name and league? I'll add you to the list.

Old
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
It's click and drag... and you can't change what he shows as in the lineup. It's a pretty sweet game, but still in development, so a work in progress. Has great potential though. What's your country, team name and league? I'll add you to the list.
Gainesville Kayaks US 4.2

Thanks...trying to set up my team initially right now. Looking forward to it.

Any suggestions on where I should be spending my points on my coach, and where I should be spending TP in general?

Old
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
L-train*

Quote:

Any suggestions on where I should be spending my points on my coach, and where I should be spending TP in general?
Ahhh the Kayaks. Old adversary of mine.

Give me a few to check your team out again... you might wanna hear from Val too, he just promoted from 4.2.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I'm pretty impressed that 5 of us have made it to 1.1. That's 15% of the NHL equivalent league filled with Flyers-HF folks.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'm pretty impressed that 5 of us have made it to 1.1. That's 15% of the NHL equivalent league filled with Flyers-HF folks.
Give it 5 or 6 more seasons and we might be up to 30%.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Falkrik

Quote:
Give it 5 or 6 more seasons and we might be up to 30%.
hopefully i'll be in Canada 1.1 by then

Old
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Falkrik

Since i can level up again, is it too late to level up and upgrade my wage affecting skills? Like have they taken into effect yet?

Old
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Tatar View Post
Since i can level up again, is it too late to level up and upgrade my wage affecting skills? Like have they taken into effect yet?
Unknown. Can't hurt to try, you'll have to put those points in sooner or later.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Those are going to be delivered in the preseason, IIRC, he wants to babysit the distribution to make sure it goes as was intended.

My wages haven't dipped at all yet.
It looks like they are not going to dip, which sucks. I pumped up both Negotiations and Player Relations to 50 this season and my wages have increased by $2 MILLION.

WTF!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
So are players wages adjusted? When can we get our freaking FA's so I can adjust my team? I can't waive my expensive backup goalie because I'm at my minimum for goalies.
You will have to sign a cheap goalie in FA and THEN fire your expensive backup. This game will not let you go below 3 goalies in any circumstance.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
L-train*

Quote:

Use the TP to level your coach up.

Spread the points around, focus on Attacking, Defending, Initiative, player relations, negotiations, and media relations. Those'll give you the best return in your young TH life... you'll wanna soft cap (50 points in each) the player/media relations and negotiations skills within two seasons or so. They affect your wages and budgets the most.

Some advice, go get a free agent goaltender with good reflexes. Your current goalie is nothing special or even that good. I'd go after this guy;

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=396578

Throw as much as $3.5m at him, but chip your way up by bidding the minimum raise each time. He's pretty solid compared to what you have now... after you sign him, cut your goalie, Perry. Reflexes, reflexes, reflexes when it comes to goalies... it's by far the most important skill and Perrys reflexes are atrocious.

If you need advice on who to cut (to sign the goalie), because it looks like you certainly have some dead space, let me know, and I'll have you PM me some info tonight that'll help you decide that.

Last edited by L-train*: 11-29-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old
11-29-2010, 06:28 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
It looks like they are not going to dip, which sucks. I pumped up both Negotiations and Player Relations to 50 this season and my wages have increased by $2 MILLION.

WTF!?!?
Such ********. Hopefully Nik comes out and says something about them being adjusted downwards, otherwise he just lied to our faces and then spit in them, regarding no big jumps this year.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Use the TP to level your coach up.

Spread the points around, focus on Attacking, Defending, Initiative, player relations, negotiations, and media relations. Those'll give you the best return in your young TH life... you'll wanna soft cap (50 points in each) the player/media relations and negotiations skills within two seasons or so. They affect your wages and budgets the most.

Some advice, go get a free agent goaltender with good reflexes. Your current goalie is nothing special or even that good. I'd go after this guy;

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=396578

Throw as much as $3.5m at him, but chip your way up by bidding the minimum raise each time. He's pretty solid compared to what you have now... after you sign him, cut your goalie, Perry. Reflexes, reflexes, reflexes when it comes to goalies... it's by far the most important skill.

If you need advice on who to cut, because it looks like you certainly have some dead space, let me know, and I'll have you PM me some info tonight that'll help you decide that.
Just let me know what I should PM and I will send it to you. I've actually already exported my roster into an Excel document and I'm tinkering around with that right now.

I didn't know I could still sign guys on the market. I've looked at the financial numbers - not quite sure what they mean though.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Just let me know what I should PM and I will send it to you. I've actually already exported my roster into an Excel document and I'm tinkering around with that right now.

I didn't know I could still sign guys on the market. I've looked at the financial numbers - not quite sure what they mean though.
It takes time, just read a lot and you'll pick up quite a bit... always pay attention to the announcements forum, lots of information is in there.

Let me see if I can explain how this works to ya in regards to who you want to cut because they'll never develop.

All players have a maximum potential AVG when they're drafted. They'll never get any better than that POT rating. Now, players get better by receiving TI every Tuesday and Saturday, but you'll actually get the Training Update every Monday and Friday night around 7.

Players go through a period where they get ****tons of TI, called their "bloom". Bloom can happen between 16 and 23, IIRC, and once a player blooms, he's pretty much maxed out developmentally. TI during bloom can be anywhere from 30-80, usually somewhere around 30-50. After a player is done blooming, TI will drop to like, 5-10. They'll continue to get TI in smaller increments until 27, when TI gains will freeze. Players begin to lose TI once they hit 28, and it accelerates with age.

Anyway, if you click a player on your team, you'll see some tabs under his attributes, which should say Regular, Post Season, Training, Draft, Awards... some players may be missing the Draft or Awards, or both... not a big deal.

Click Training, and that'll give you a chart of their TI output... anybody who has fallen off substantially can be said to be done developing and if they aren't good enough to break your roster then, they probably never will. Good candidates to cut would make too much money respective to their skill level... but you need to keep a minimum number of dudes on your roster. Keep the cheapest, and cut the slightly better ones that won't break your lineup. Keep a decent backup or two for defense, and one of each wing and center.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
My wages are the same as they were earlier. I hope they aren't finalized. I'm like 250k into flex. Despite the promotion and putting 50 points into both relations and negotiation I have seen pretty decent jumps in some players. Hell, a rookie who has only played 2 games his entire career wants 500k. So, he's done.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
My wages are the same as they were earlier. I hope they aren't finalized. I'm like 250k into flex. Despite the promotion and putting 50 points into both relations and negotiation I have seen pretty decent jumps in some players. Hell, a rookie who has only played 2 games his entire career wants 500k. So, he's done.
I'm hoping Nik just went and passed out and is going to rectify the situation tomorrow...

Old
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

You will have to sign a cheap goalie in FA and THEN fire your expensive backup. This game will not let you go below 3 goalies in any circumstance.
I have 2 I won in FA already. Just it would be nice to do it now so I don't have to later.

I've also tried signing up for a few deals. I'm trying to change my team to the Baltimore Clippers without having to buy TP.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
L-train*

Just get the CC offer for like, 33k TP... I'll be doing that after next season when I run outta TP.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Just get the CC offer for like, 33k TP... I'll be doing that after next season when I run outta TP.
Why **** with your credit rating just for a silly game?

You can get 20k TP for paying 8.95 non-recurring for one month of webhosting.

That's what I did.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:

That's what I did.
Woah wait, must find.

Edit: There is one that gets you 15,000 for trying Gamefly for 3 or more days at $5.95 per month. I've been considering Gamefly anyway, so I may just do that

Old
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
L-train*

Quote:

That's what I did.
Already did that, lol.

Yes, I blew 20k TP in what would be about 2.5 seasons.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:09 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im now ranked 44th in international, and 9th in national for reputation.
I'm tied for first among American coaches in team trophies. Suck on that, shadowgay!

Quote:
If I were in your position, I'd be looking to get exactly that.
I've already signed 4 top-6 forwards and I don't even have 4 open spots to put them in, so more forwards are out of the question. I have a very strong goalie too, so D is the only thing I can go spend on. My only other option is to see if there is a ~75 EPA goalie out there that's 22 or younger that can take over when my 29 year old gets old. I might rather spend the extra cash now than be left without a goalie once all the talent is signed or retired in 5 seasons or so.

edit: wow, just signed my sponsor deal (picked the hardest option, which is only finishing top 12 in my conference). Despite having 8 bids out/finalized for $6.4mil, I have $6.5 mil to spare (not including flex) before I cut anyone. As of right now only 5 people in 1.1 have signed their deals, but all the others have a cap at least $4.5 mil higher than mine. I swear I'd let you guys borrow a few mil of that if I could.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

L-Train

Please change my Team Name to "Baltimore Clippers"

http://trophyhockey.org/clubhouse.php?id=11546

Old
11-29-2010, 07:14 PM
L-train*