HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking for a pick up game tonight

Old
11-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Hail Stannis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
This thread is depressing me...

I am moving back to Pgh when my baby is born next Spring and I know I'll go into hockey withdrawal when I'm back.

It's like night and day between living in Canada and Pgh in terms of hockey...

You step outside here in the Winter and have half a dozen rinks to play shinny on for free with sick players who are ridiculous... in Pgh you have to drive forever to find a rink and pay to play for an hour, with a bunch of puck hogs who think they got skills...

Wish it was different back home.

/whiny rant
The puck hogs really get on my nerves. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a pass first mentality so that it didn't piss me off when other people tried to go coast to coast every time. It seems like every game I get into I get stuck on the team with all the jokers who think they're too good to pass to anyone.

Hail Stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLahey89 View Post
The puck hogs really get on my nerves. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a pass first mentality so that it didn't piss me off when other people tried to go coast to coast every time. It seems like every game I get into I get stuck on the team with all the jokers who think they're too good to pass to anyone.
I never got the mentality of feeling good about pissing on people who can barely skate backwards - but if that is what makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you I guess.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
WickedWrister

While I'm by no means a puck hog, if I pay money to attend a stick time, I'm going to be working on my skills. That means trying some dekes that I wouldn't attempt during a game, or maybe pulling a move at the blue line when I should just dump it in.

That said, passing is also a skill, and If I see a guy who's open, I'll try and get him the puck.

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
invictus

You are all a bunch of babies. Take the initiative, open a chain of rinks in the area. Talk to the Pens, have Talbot come sign **** and skate with little kids on opening day. Bam.

invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:31 PM
TopShelfGoal

Penn Hills has a decent Dek hockey league. They do a draft and everything. I was in the that for a season. That was the summer it rained like every other day so it was sorta like playing on ice.

TopShelfGoal is offline   Reply With Quote