HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nikita Filatov

Old
11-29-2010, 02:16 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Filatov, Tyutin, Russel

for

Ehrhoff, Hansen
Isn't Ehrhoff a UFA?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Enough of this "Goligoski for Filatov" silliness. I'm not arguing Filatov or Goligoski's trade value, but I am going to say that Goligoski isn't a big enough upgrade on the backend to warrant trading Filatov.

Like I said in a proposal thread before, the trade that would make the most sense would be:

Filatov + Stralman + 1st or 2nd
for
Bogosian (impending RFA).

Bogo is a stud and will be a very good defenseman despite his reduced impact on the Atlanta roster. He vastly improves Columbus's blueline and PP.
Filatov will be a very good forward despite his not taking that next step on Columbus's roster. He's an excellent piece to pair beside Burmistrov or Bergfors.

Stralman opens up a defensive slot in Columbus and helps fill in for Bogosian in Atlanta. He's a UFA at the end of the year I'm pretty sure, so he can re-sign or just walk.

The pick is because Bogosian is worth more than Filatov and Stralman and is important for Atlanta who is actively rebuilding (as opposed to Columbus).

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:58 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Enough of this "Goligoski for Filatov" silliness. I'm not arguing Filatov or Goligoski's trade value, but I am going to say that Goligoski isn't a big enough upgrade on the backend to warrant trading Filatov.

Like I said in a proposal thread before, the trade that would make the most sense would be:

for

Bogo is a stud and will be a very good defenseman despite his reduced impact on the Atlanta roster. He vastly improves Columbus's blueline and PP.
Filatov will be a very good forward despite his not taking that next step on Columbus's roster. He's an excellent piece to pair beside Burmistrov or Bergfors.

Stralman opens up a defensive slot in Columbus and helps fill in for Bogosian in Atlanta. He's a UFA at the end of the year I'm pretty sure, so he can re-sign or just walk.

The pick is because Bogosian is worth more than Filatov and Stralman and is important for Atlanta who is actively rebuilding (as opposed to Columbus).
Bogo has really struggled since his sophmore year (injuries are partly to blame) although his ceiling is through the roof. A change of scenery might be good but he's performing worse than Goligoski currently (who has a pretty good ceiling himself).

Old
11-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Bogo has really struggled since his sophmore year (injuries are partly to blame) although his ceiling is through the roof. A change of scenery might be good but he's performing worse than Goligoski currently (who has a pretty good ceiling himself).
Right but I'm fairly sure that Bogosian is going to be harder to pry from Atlanta than Goligoski is from Pittsburgh. Not saying that Pitt is looking to move Goligoski, but they're always on the cusp so could be looking to trade from an area of strength which would be their blueline (as opposed to trading one of their core centers or goalies).

Also, Goligoski is 23 so his HFBoards value is quickly approaching 0.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
fan in oregon

sorry your stuck with him. nobody would touch him with a 10 foot pole. not after that stunt he pulled and got ken hitchcock fired

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
wej20

Quote:
Right but I'm fairly sure that Bogosian is going to be harder to pry from Atlanta than Goligoski is from Pittsburgh. Not saying that Pitt is looking to move Goligoski, but they're always on the cusp so could be looking to trade from an area of strength which would be their blueline (as opposed to trading one of their core centers or goalies).

Also, Goligoski is 23 so his HFBoards value is quickly approaching 0.
Goligoski is 25 so he's peaked and his HFBoards value is -1 now.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Goligoski is 25 so he's peaked and his HFBoards value is -1 now.
Oh geez, it's worse than I thought! Lemme check... yep his potential in NHL 11 is only a C. He's worthless.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Reddawg

I decided he was worth less than Matthias Tedenby in my 1-yr H2H league today, so I dropped him.

Sad.

Reddawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm not saying a Goligoski for Filatov trade would work, but Goligoski is exactly what the Jackets need. He's better than Stralman in every way and would be a very nice upgrade to that defensive group. He would provide offense from the blue line that is needed, and he can shoot.

I'd like to see something worked around those two players, but being a fan of both teams, I know the Jackets won't trade Filatov unless it's a big overpayment. I've seen his play this year and I think with more time he'll be an effective player at worst. He's so talented. Not time to give up on him yet, but if that time comes, Goligoski would be the kind of player the Jackets should target. Exactly what the Jackets need and on a good contract. I think it could work because of the Pens' needs and Despres.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:27 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:

for

would do filatov + stralman + 2nd in a heartbeat for bogosian
would do filatov + stralman + 1st in a day

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
I'm not saying a Goligoski for Filatov trade would work, but Goligoski is exactly what the Jackets need.
I disagree, I think Columbus should only consider moving Filatov in a package (consisting of him, a proven defenseman, and a pick) for a defenseman who is the cornerstone of their blueline. Goligoski isn't a cornerstone type defenseman but Bogosian might be in a few years. Letang could be, for example, but we're not discussing him.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I disagree, I think Columbus should only consider moving Filatov in a package for a defenseman who is the cornerstone of their blueline. Goligoski isn't a cornerstone type defenseman but Bogosian might be in a few years.
Nobody is giving a cornerstone D for Filatov. His value to other teams is just too low. He has many question marks not related to the KHL. I don't even consider that an option. I thought he played pretty well when he was playing, but still not well enough to warrant a big return.

Only way the Jackets get a cornerstone D for Filatov is if another big piece is involved, or if Filatov starts playing up to his potential more. And if he does that, I don't think the Jackets want to trade him. I know the Jackets don't want to trade Voracek or Brassard, but those are the guys that will help land a cornerstone D. Filatov has done nothing to warrant that kind of return yet. I love him as a player, but he has proven nothing yet.

But anyways, I wasn't saying they should move him for Goligoski. I was saying that if they give up on him, that should be the type of player they try to get in return.

Just my opinion of course.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
I disagree, I think Columbus should only consider moving Filatov in a package for a defenseman who is the cornerstone of their blueline. Goligoski isn't a cornerstone type defenseman but Bogosian might be in a few years.
I can't see what GM in their right mind would do that.

Filatov's inconsistent, unproven, one-dimensional, and like it or not, a flight risk. Young cornerstone d-men in this league do not get moved for players with that much risk attached...regardless of their upside.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Nobody is giving a cornerstone D for Filatov. His value to other teams is just too low.

Only way the Jackets get a cornerstone D for Filatov is if another big piece is involved, or if Filatov starts playing up to his potential more. And if he does that, I don't think the Jackets want to trade him. I know the Jackets don't want to trade Voracek or Brassard, but those are the guys that will help land a cornerstone D. Filatov has done nothing to warrant that kind of return yet. I love him as a player, but he has proven nothing yet.
I'm saying as a package. Not straight up, obviously, but 2 players + a 1st or 2nd round pick for one. I honestly think Filatov + Tyutin + pick #15-25 would do it for some GM's.

That's what the Jackets need to be looking for; consolidating player skill by trading a package for a single player. We joke about how every team wants to do that, but that's honestly what the Jackets need to take that next step (and is the only thing that can do it). We need another All-Star player other than Nash and we're only going to get him by trading a package for that player, or through the draft.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I'm saying as a package. Not straight up, obviously, but 2 players + a 1st or 2nd round pick for one. I honestly think Filatov + Tyutin would do it for some GM's.

That's what the Jackets need to be looking for; consolidating player skill by trading a package for a single player.
I still think there are too many question marks for that package to be worth something to build a defense around. It could land a big upgrade for sure. But I'm not sure about a cornerstone D. I wouldn't trade Letang for that package.

I really hope I'm wrong, other than the Pens winning another cup, there's nothing I'd rather see in hockey than the Jackets getting a great defenseman to build around.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
I still think there are too many question marks for that package to be worth something to build a defense around. It could land a big upgrade for sure. But I'm not sure about a cornerstone D.
That's why I'm talking about Atlanta. They've got the defensive youth and depth to accommodate such a thing. There are few teams like that right now. With Enstrom and Byfuglien, plus bringing in Stralman or Tyutin, they wouldn't miss Bogosian's production and play immediately. The problem for them comes in projecting Filatov and that 1st rounder's value compared to Bogosian in 2-4 years.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
That's why I'm talking about Atlanta. They've got the defensive youth and depth to accommodate such a thing. There are few teams like that right now.
Atlanta fans, show yourselves!

Old
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
sorry your stuck with him. nobody would touch him with a 10 foot pole. not after that stunt he pulled and got ken hitchcock fired
Leafs will take him of their hands if it means Wilson will get fired

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Atlanta fans, show yourselves!
From my previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Value is kind of fair.

Only problem is Filatov go home factor might be too big of risk for Atlanta to take if it chooses to deal Bogosian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
Burmistrov said the KHL was a league for old guys. There wasn't the russian factor with Burmi and if so very small. I think I would rather have huselius I have always liked him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
no we don't, the only defensemen the Trhashers have that are untouchable are enstrom and Byfuglien the others can be replaced by Kulda, Zubarev, and Postma.

What makes you think that we need him? He is a good player and will be a great d-man but we in no way need him. thanks to a lot of low draft picks we have a good core of young D-men in Chicago
It seems that the value isn't the problem, it's the "Filatov flight risk" which both you and I know is a bit overhyped. There aren't a lot of Atlanta fans on this board, so I'm trying to accurately reflect their views. What I gathered was that there seemed to be some consensus that Bogosian could be expendable if it meant bringing in a future (young, cheap) top 6 forward + . That is Filatov, and the + would be a stop-gap defenseman (Tyutin / Stralman) and a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
From my previous thread:

It seems that the value isn't the problem, it's the "Filatov flight risk" which both you and I know is a bit overhyped.
Ah, I missed that thread somehow, apparently? Weird. Anyways, yeah, that issue is way overblown. I don't even consider it a risk at this point.

I'd love that trade.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
That's why I'm talking about Atlanta. They've got the defensive youth and depth to accommodate such a thing. There are few teams like that right now. With Enstrom and Byfuglien, plus bringing in Stralman or Tyutin, they wouldn't miss Bogosian's production and play immediately. The problem for them comes in projecting Filatov and that 1st rounder's value compared to Bogosian in 2-4 years.
Atlanta is also winning plenty with their current configuration, and have no pressing need for talented young forwards.

They can afford to wait out Bogosian's developmental period, especially considering most defensemen still have a metric ton to learn at 20.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Atlanta is also winning plenty with their current configuration, and have no pressing need for talented young forwards.

They can afford to wait out Bogosian's developmental period, especially considering most defensemen still have a metric ton to learn at 20.
Right, that's the catch and why I don't realistically expect for there to be a headline tomorrow confirming such a trade.

In reality, GM's don't trade players like Bogosian and Filatov unless something drastic happens (i.e. Filatov threatens to leave) at which point that player's value is moot.

It's just a trade that I, personally, would do if I were a GM.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Right, that's the catch and why I don't realistically expect for there to be a headline tomorrow confirming such a trade.

In reality, GM's don't trade players like Bogosian and Filatov unless something drastic happens (i.e. Filatov threatens to leave) at which point that player's value is moot.

It's just a trade that I, personally, would do if I were a GM.
Fair enough. No harm in asking for the moon when you have a high-potential prospect like Filatov, especially when the CBJ are playing well enough to wait out his growth period too.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Fair enough. No harm in asking for the moon when you have a high-potential prospect like Filatov, especially when the CBJ are playing well enough to wait out his growth period too.
The only reason why I brought up Bogosian is because I kept seeing posts about how Bogosian would be expendable if... If I saw that they felt that he was untouchable (a la Enstrom) then I wouldn't have bothered to ask.

Old
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
davo0705

Tim Erixon + Adam Pardy??

davo0705 is offline   Reply With Quote