HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Colin Wilson question & my concerns

Old
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Just looked at Santorellis ice time on NHL.com. He is averaging over 17 miinutes of ice time! What a great move for him. Would be interesting, had Wilson been given the same, what his numbers would be.......who knows

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 12:34 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Peverly wasn't going to succeed here, same with Santo. Too many centers. Jones I am still salty about. I would rather have Jones than Belak.

On the subject of Wilson, look what happens when you put him on a line with Sergei and Goc, he scores a goal. Maybe good linemates=better results. Who would've thunk it.
EVERY one of us who made the point that it was tough to expect Leggy to do much scoring with Wardo and Stonehands as his linemates last year!

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Just looked at Santorellis ice time on NHL.com. He is averaging over 17 miinutes of ice time! What a great move for him. Would be interesting, had Wilson been given the same, what his numbers would be.......who knows
I was going to post some sarcastic response about how horrible Florida is, then I saw we only have 3 more points

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
That might start to become cause for concern. One guy is an aberration. Two is a coincidence. Three is a trend.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Not sure what you're looking at, the NHL.com I was looking at has him at 14:47 a game. Still a good move for him.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:34 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That might start to become cause for concern. One guy is an aberration. Two is a coincidence. Three is a trend.
Totally agreed. I'm not on a fire Trotz bandwagon but this is not a good trend...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
predfan24

Am I missing something? Santorelli has 9 points in 22 games getting 15 minutes a game and plenty of PP time. So impressive

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Am I missing something? Santorelli has 9 points in 22 games getting 15 minutes a game and plenty of PP time. So impressive
He would be tied for the goal scoring lead on our team and we traded him away, we need more goal scoring.

Old
11-29-2010, 09:25 PM
predfan98

i don't keep track but i don't remember anyone getting upset about santorelli when it happened....

i don't recall that we had space to keep him............before everyone got hurt

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Not sure what you're looking at, the NHL.com I was looking at has him at 14:47 a game. Still a good move for him.
In his last 5 games, his least amount was 15 30,15:56, 18, 19 and 20 minutes.

Old
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He would be tied for the goal scoring lead on our team and we traded him away, we need more goal scoring.
That's still not saying much. We really had to keep either Cal or Santo. Winning teams would not ice both of those guys on their NHL roster. (Not that were a winning team but I think you see what I'm getting at) We have enough tweener guys. I think we made the right decision keeping Cal.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
That's still not saying much. We really had to keep either Cal or Santo. Winning teams would not ice both of those guys on their NHL roster. (Not that were a winning team but I think you see what I'm getting at) We have enough tweener guys. I think we made the right decision keeping Cal.
Agreed 100%. IMO, Cal showed the team a very strong work ethic and positive attitude throughout the end of last season as he worked his tail off after every practice knowing that he was a scratch and wanting to be ready for his opportunity.

I think that time spent in Nashville last season (and the fact that he's actually shown the ability to play defense) was what really made the decision easier for the club this past summer...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:09 AM
deanwormer

We tried to move Santo to wing, correct? and he struggled? Cause really, Cal clearly beat him out for the 4th C spot (plus we had Smitty and Spaling who you figured would center a "grind line" if needed). Santo over SK would make sense if he could play wing, but otherwise before the injuries I don't know where we'd have played him.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, who needs guys that can score when you have guys that can kill penalties and play defense.

Old
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Yeah, who needs guys that can score when you have guys that can kill penalties and play defense.
Do you not understand that just because Santorelli scored some goals in Florida that doesn't mean he would have scored those goals for us? If Santorelli was still here then that means he would have taken ice time and points away from guys like O'Reilly and Goc and we'd be in the exact same position that we are in now.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I would rather have Jones than Belak.
You would rather have Jones sitting in the press box over Belak? Wow... The things people complain about! Btw, even if you meant him playing, then that means you would rather have Jones over SK. I disagree. Oh, and Belak's role is enforcer. Period. Jones couldn't enforce Tootoo, much less Boogard.

Quote:
9 points in 22 games?!?!?! Man! I want him!!!

Quote:
Trigg, I gotta say, if our system is so defensive (like most say on here), is playing in a more offensive one in Florida, and he would only be tied for our team in goal scoring; I don't think that translates to him being tied for goal scoring here using logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Do you not understand that just because Santorelli scored some goals in Florida that doesn't mean he would have scored those goals for us? If Santorelli was still here then that means he would have taken ice time and points away from guys like O'Reilly and Goc and we'd be in the exact same position that we are in now.
Agree...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Cause Goc and O'Reilly are the only two centers on wing. Also, I've not seen to many centers that couldn't play wing, wing is way easier.

And why would anyone think right now SK is better than Jones? Tootoo is putting up better numbers than SK...

Old
11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Cause Goc and O'Reilly are the only two centers on wing. Also, I've not seen to many centers that couldn't play wing, wing is way easier.

And why would anyone think right now SK is better than Jones? Tootoo is putting up better numbers than SK...
Santorelli is playing center for Florida and failed at wing while here. He is a center.

Old
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
token grinder

i think any team playing sk, santorelli, or jones big minutes is a failure.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:

Of course Tootoo has better numbers, he has had WAY more
ice time!

Old
11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I think you guys aren't giving SK enough credit, I mean he hasn't exactly lit the lamp a bunch but he's certainly looked better then Santorelli and Jones.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Santorelli is playing center for Florida and failed at wing while here. He is a center.
Because you saw them do it 3 hole games, it must be true...