HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrew Cogliano to Nashville

Old
11-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
I don't really have any interest in Cogliano. We have plenty of underperforming, undersized forwards

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
thats world juniors buddy, why isnt he playing in the NHL now? he is eligible.
What do you mean by "he's eligible"?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:29 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
What do you mean by "he's eligible"?
If he was "that great" he would be playing on the Pred's this season, he's not 17 and undrafted, right? aha before I go on, I have nothing against Ellis, he will be a good defenceman in the nhl for sure but I would like to have Smid in our line up at the moment, oilers dont need to be trading already proven nhler's + for prospects, yeah we're in a rebuild but we dont have to be the youngest team in the nhl is all Im getting at, experience is needed in a rebuild to mentor the youth, too many oiler fans wanting to trade players like Smid, Penner and Hemsky for picks and prospects.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
If he was "that great" he would be playing on the Pred's this season, he's not 17 and undrafted, right? aha before I go on, I have nothing against Ellis, he will be a good defenceman in the nhl for sure but I would like to have Smid in our line up at the moment, oilers dont need to be trading already proven nhler's + for prospects, yeah we're in a rebuild but we dont have to be the youngest team in the nhl is all Im getting at, experience is needed in a rebuild to mentor the youth, too many oiler fans wanting to trade players like Smid, Penner and Hemsky for picks and prospects.
Ellis will play in Milwaukee before joining the Predators, almost all of our prospects do, he'd still have to jump over Josi and Blum to get a sniff at the roster this year. We will not rush him.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:28 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Ellis will play in Milwaukee before joining the Predators, almost all of our prospects do, he'd still have to jump over Josi and Blum to get a sniff at the roster this year. We will not rush him.
yeah thats understandable, I think it will only complete Ellis and be great experience for him. I believe the ahl route is great for development and wish the Oilers could afford to do that with some of their young talent but thats the way it goes sometimes, looks like we will be able to do that in the future though.

Old
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Roof Daddy

I'd be good with a 2nd rder.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
lakai17

We'll give Cogliano away to anyone that can track down Anson Carter for us.