HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
They need to fix the spawns in Black Ops... it's killing me in TDM. I am a beast in Domination, but really am struggling a lot in TDM with folks showing up behind me and whatnot.
Once you learn the spawn traps you will be fine... Always remember when you kill a couple of people in front of you they always spawn behind you. I pretty much learned all the spawn traps for all the maps.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Once you learn the spawn traps you will be fine... Always remember when you kill a couple of people in front of you they always spawn behind you. I pretty much learned all the spawn traps for all the maps.
Yes and no... I'm more of a run 'n gunner (just because I have more fun doing that), and this game really punishes you if you're doing that in TDM. In Domination, I play aggressively on the flags with the AK74u, and I'm racking up some nice scores... but TDM is a struggle if you want to run around because it's really unpredictable where the other team is going to be spawning from moment to moment.

You also have the whole issue of spawning right into a dangerous situation... Array is terrible with the spawn cycle that happens on the lower portion of the map with both teams showing up right across from one another (Napalm can get you a BIG score on that map in my experience).

I would say I'm settling into this game now, though. When I first started playing I was getting really good scores... then started to struggle a lot in TDM... now back to being an even or better player the majority of the time. K/D took a serious hit for a week or so, though.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Get my Famas and in my first two games (at a disadvantage, Im playing splitscreen with my brother), I go like 40-5 combined.
Nice.

I just went into the stat section the other day and discovered... not nearly as good with the Famas as I thought I was. FAR better with the AK47.

The stat section on this game is really helpful for all kinds of stuff.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Yes and no... I'm more of a run 'n gunner (just because I have more fun doing that), and this game really punishes you if you're doing that in TDM. In Domination, I play aggressively on the flags with the AK74u, and I'm racking up some nice scores... but TDM is a struggle if you want to run around because it's really unpredictable where the other team is going to be spawning from moment to moment.

You also have the whole issue of spawning right into a dangerous situation... Array is terrible with the spawn cycle that happens on the lower portion of the map with both teams showing up right across from one another (Napalm can get you a BIG score on that map in my experience).

I would say I'm settling into this game now, though. When I first started playing I was getting really good scores... then started to struggle a lot in TDM... now back to being an even or better player the majority of the time. K/D took a serious hit for a week or so, though.
In TDM i hardly rush because of the spawns. In CTF and Domination i always rush because i like to attack the flags.. Array does have the worst spawns. But once you learn the spawn traps it really doesn't bother you as much.

The best example of spawn trapping is when you play on jungle. I really never got spawned into dangerous situations. Only time i really have is when the enemy team has a chopper gunner going around. You get automatically *****.

You just have to find a medium between being patient and knowing when to rush. Also on certain maps you need to use certain guns. I don't recommend using any SMG on large maps like Array and Jungle.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

BTW

Hardened pro is pretty useful..

I love not flinching when i get shot. It's great for long distant/medium range fights.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Jester

Quote:
In TDM i hardly rush because of the spawns. In CTF and Domination i always rush because i like to attack the flags.. Array does have the worst spawns. But once you learn the spawn traps it really doesn't bother you as much.

The best example of spawn trapping is when you play on jungle. I really never got spawned into dangerous situations. Only time i really have is when the enemy team has a chopper gunner going around. You get automatically *****.
Jungle is probably the best map in the game, IMO. Launch is the map where I have had the biggest spawn problem with the opposition. On a few occasions the opponents have gotten into the spawn on the top section of the map and it kept putting me into the wash over there and got picked off before I knew what was going on. My favorite was a spawn next to a guy who promptly knifed me.

What's bizarre is that sometimes they flip really quickly... and sometimes they refuse to flip. I assume this is just a spacing of the teams issue, but it can be pretty bad at times.

Quote:
You just have to find a medium between being patient and knowing when to rush. Also on certain maps you need to use certain guns. I don't recommend using any SMG on large maps like Array and Jungle.
I go with gun on playing style more than map. If I'm running a lightweight/marathon rush class, I like the SMG just because I plan to be in more CQC situations, and they have a real advantage over the ARs in that scenario.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Jester

Quote:
BTW

Hardened pro is pretty useful..

I love not flinching when i get shot. It's great for long distant/medium range fights.
Yeah, I haven't gotten it, but when I heard that was the advantage it kind of made me want it badly.

I'm not going to worry too much about the Perks while I'm prestiging though... just not worth the effort. I'll pick up the pros that I get, but going for some of 'em is a pain in the ass.

Old
11-25-2010, 03:59 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Yeah, I haven't gotten it, but when I heard that was the advantage it kind of made me want it badly.

I'm not going to worry too much about the Perks while I'm prestiging though... just not worth the effort. I'll pick up the pros that I get, but going for some of 'em is a pain in the ass.
Seriously, just ONE of the Ghost Pro requirements is to shoot down 30 aircraft.

30!!!!

Old
11-25-2010, 04:15 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's a blast, and absurdly easy with the BAR. nothing is more satisfying than no scoping someone through a wall though, but that's harder. When I was on top of my game I couldn't leave my clan's server or the Pantheon server where they knew me, and skilled people played, because I'd often get booted for suspected hacking.

I personally could never get into CS. but, i did enjoy firing up source with a friend, and having the two of us square off against a full team of bots armed only with knives. it's pretty ****ing hard to stay alive, because you really don't have enough ammo to kill them all before they get to you
CS and DoD were my life from middle school to high school. I actually downloaded Steam the other night to try and pub a little, but I forgot my account and apparently you have to pay for both of those games now. Sucks.

My PS3 gamertag is uvabliss, but right now I only have FIFA 11... thinking about another game to pick up. I tried Bad Company 2, but I have a hard time going from mouse & keyboard to joysticks.

Old
11-25-2010, 06:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Is it just me or in NHL 11 with the new tuner sets or whatnot, did they make the AI that takes faceoffs way too hard/way too good? I have like a 97 for my faceoffs and I'm having problems.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Seriously, just ONE of the Ghost Pro requirements is to shoot down 30 aircraft.

30!!!!
I highly suggest carrying a launcher and shooting 'em down independent of the pro perk quest... lots of XP for shooting down aircraft, and it's a big help to your team winning.

The big problem with Ghost Pro is the stupid sentry gun... I NEVER see Sentry guns in this game.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Garbage Goal

Played L4D2 last night in one of the Survival Steam group servers...and the other team had five tanks spawned at once. IIRC, it was one of the The Sacrifice levels. The one with the trains and the survival area is in that rectangular shaped area with all the boats in it and before the trains.

Facing five tanks at once is kind of hilarious actually. Me and my team were laughing our ***** off. Most I've ever faced at once.

Old
11-27-2010, 07:45 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Played L4D2 last night in one of the Survival Steam group servers...and the other team had five tanks spawned at once. IIRC, it was one of the The Sacrifice levels. The one with the trains and the survival area is in that rectangular shaped area with all the boats in it and before the trains.

Facing five tanks at once is kind of hilarious actually. Me and my team were laughing our ***** off. Most I've ever faced at once.
There was a mutation a couple weeks ago called Taaaaaaaankkk! where all the special infected spawn as tanks. You won't face 5 at once, but when you play Vs mode, you pretty much will always have at least 3 chasing you at all times no matter how many you kill. Run!

Old
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I still don't know if I like Black Ops more than MW2...the perks and killstreaks in BO are definitely more balanced, but other than that, I like everything else about MW2 better.

Quote:
The big problem with Ghost Pro is the stupid sentry gun... I NEVER see Sentry guns in this game.
Yeah, that can be a pain. I just put the sentry gun killstreak on myself and then once I get it, let the other team take it. Then just go find it, helps if you're using Hacker too.

Old
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
I don't know why more people don't use sentry guns. I find them really useful in objective based games when defending.

Loving a silenced AK47, ghost, and a motion sensor.

Old
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I still don't know if I like Black Ops more than MW2...the perks and killstreaks in BO are definitely more balanced, but other than that, I like everything else about MW2 better.

Yeah, that can be a pain. I just put the sentry gun killstreak on myself and then once I get it, let the other team take it. Then just go find it, helps if you're using Hacker too.
One Man Army and noob tubes made that game impossible to enjoy about 50% of the time.

Old
11-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Dash22

My PSN gamer tag is: dashists22

I play NHL11 and COD

Occasionally play FIFA, but broke my own rule and bought NHL11 after owning NHL10 last year.

Is there a HF boards NHL11 league?

Old
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I highly suggest carrying a launcher and shooting 'em down independent of the pro perk quest... lots of XP for shooting down aircraft, and it's a big help to your team winning.

Yeah, most of my secondary for my 5 classes is the launcher now. This game is dominated with aircraft, and in order to win, you often need to take a few choppers out of the sky.

Still, 30 is an insane number. I'm almost Lvl 30 and I think I have taken down about 10 tops. Luckily the first thing I completed was the sentry gun thing. Some idiot put one down facing the wrong way in domination and I just knifed it to get the sentry gun finished.

Old
11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Jester

Quote:
Yeah, most of my secondary for my 5 classes is the launcher now. This game is dominated with aircraft, and in order to win, you often need to take a few choppers out of the sky.

Still, 30 is an insane number. I'm almost Lvl 30 and I think I have taken down about 10 tops. Luckily the first thing I completed was the sentry gun thing. Some idiot put one down facing the wrong way in domination and I just knifed it to get the sentry gun finished.
Are you shooting down spy planes and counter-spy planes? I've gotten to 30 with relative ease both times through... have yet to destroy a sentry gun. However, as said, I'm not too worried about pro perks right now, because I'm going to prestige with regularity I think.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:04 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Are you shooting down spy planes and counter-spy planes? I've gotten to 30 with relative ease both times through... have yet to destroy a sentry gun. However, as said, I'm not too worried about pro perks right now, because I'm going to prestige with regularity I think.
Well, the answer is no. I keep forgetting to shoot those things down.

From now on though, no aircraft is safe.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Jester

Quote:
Well, the answer is no. I keep forgetting to shoot those things down.

From now on though, no aircraft is safe.
Yeah, those things add up... they also pad your XP, so well worth the effort. If you really stay on top of it, it's like 300-450 XP a match given how often spy planes go up.

I just earned a chopper gun for the first time (until the other day, I haven't had it as one of my killstreaks) and I couldn't get it up and going while the match was ongoing because my own attack chopper was hovering over the board and my team sucked.... so the Dom game ended fast.

Frustration level: high.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:01 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Anyone play GT5 yet? I was real psyched for this game when it was announced, then lost interest. I am not really a "gearhead" or anything like that, but racing games are pretty fun. I have been playing DiRT2 for a while on the PS3, which is a lot of fun, but I have to imagine that GT5 blows it out of the water.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Anyone play GT5 yet? I was real psyched for this game when it was announced, then lost interest. I am not really a "gearhead" or anything like that, but racing games are pretty fun. I have been playing DiRT2 for a while on the PS3, which is a lot of fun, but I have to imagine that GT5 blows it out of the water.
I enjoy GT games, but they're exhausting in single player mode.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Yeah, those things add up... they also pad your XP, so well worth the effort. If you really stay on top of it, it's like 300-450 XP a match given how often spy planes go up.

I just earned a chopper gun for the first time (until the other day, I haven't had it as one of my killstreaks) and I couldn't get it up and going while the match was ongoing because my own attack chopper was hovering over the board and my team sucked.... so the Dom game ended fast.

Frustration level: high.
Ouch, that sucks. I run the a 3,5,6 right now with my killstreaks: UAV, Care Package and Napalm. Choppers are awesome, but I hardly ever get 7. 3-5 is relatively easy, but 7 is not.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Jester

Quote:
Ouch, that sucks. I run the a 3,5,6 right now with my killstreaks: UAV, Care Package and Napalm. Choppers are awesome, but I hardly ever get 7. 3-5 is relatively easy, but 7 is not.
I've been going on tears lately, so took off counter-spy plane and replaced it with chopper gunner. So, right now I'm running Napalm (which I love), attack chopper, and chopper gunner. Have gotten to 8 a few times since, and that was the first time I hit 9.

The biggest problem in this game is that you run out of ammo quick when you're talking about those level of killstreaks. So, I was sitting there on 7 with no ammo left on WMD... and decided to try to rush that room that leads out onto that catwalk thing. Get in there and knife a guy... THREE more guys standing there for some reason just blast me.

Closed Thread