HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines

Old
11-30-2010, 01:25 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
New Lines

Quote:
Given a night of reflection, it seems Terry Murray did indeed see the need to move around forwards. Here’s how the Kings are skating this morning…

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Zeiler-Westgarth
King/Schenn

Matt Greene is not on the ice, so we’ll have to see if it’s a “rest day” or something more than that.
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/11/30...ctice-lines-3/

Yaaaaaay Lewis on the 2nd line

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:27 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I'm really not enthused about any new lines that involve Brown on the first line. That LW lineup is just pathetic from personnel to pairings.

(And no, I don't think TM has much of a choice but to keep Brown on the first line. I'm more upset about the fact that we're short a top-line LW and as a result it makes all of the LW pairings look like trash).

Last edited by TonySCV: 11-30-2010 at 03:06 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:27 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I think the top 6 should be

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Lewis-Stoll-Brown

just my opinion though

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
no name

I happy about the changes but it's kind of wierd that the first line was changed. It seemed like every time they were on the ice they almost scored. Hillar stood on his head and robbed that line of three goals.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:32 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
... I think Murray's seeing himself getting fired or retiring at the end of this season, so he must be like "what the hell, the team is struggling scoring goals, so I'll just break apart my best line just for ****s and giggles". I have to admit I'm having a morbid fascination with just how deep the management of the team can dig this hole.

It's also nice to see that players who earn top line duty only get two-game trials, while players who don't earn them get more. Only in the Mind of Murray does that make any sense whatsoever.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:32 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I totally called those lines last night.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Lewis-Stoll-Brown

just my opinion though
I actually agree.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm really not enthused about any new lines that involve Brown on the first line. That LW lineup is just pathetic from personnel to pairings.
Pretty gutsy around these parts to take DB off the first line.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
He can move andf shuffle as long as he wants.
The reason for not scoring is for sure not that Lewis isn't on the 2nd line.
Now when Stoll is playing like the real Stoll the 2nd line is useless and can't overpower the fact that no line is really able to score on his system.

Serious......... wait for everyone balling up in front of the goal, shotting into the crowd and hope for a deflection, when the puck is behind the net try a wrap around.
Does that looks like a game plan ??????????
Same for the PP. Poinshot means where the faceoff points are and not the points where the blue line conects to the boards.

i'm looking forward to Zeiler as Goalie, Doughty as LW Johnson as center and Brown on defense.

Last edited by Kurrilino: 11-30-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:37 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I think Murray's seeing himself getting fired or retiring at the end of this season, so he must be like "what the hell, the team is struggling scoring goals, so I'll just break apart my best line just for ****s and giggles". I have to admit I'm having a morbid fascination with just how deep the management of the team can dig this hole.

It's also nice to see that players who earn top line duty only get two-game trials, while players who don't earn them get more. Only in the Mind of Murray does that make any sense whatsoever.
While I know you are talking about Parse, Lokti and King, you can't really say Simmonds has earned it over Williams specifically. Its about ****ing time he put our two best forwards on the ice at the same time. Only took 23 games to happen once outside of a single 4 on 4 shift a week ago.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Yup, last night I wrote in the PGT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Agreed. Or atleast do Brown-Kopi-Williams and Smyth-Stoll-Simmonds or Lewis.
I'm seriously happy Williams is with Kopi again. Its the one change that I actually think can make a difference.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Lewis-Stoll-Brown

just my opinion though
Beside the fact that 3 of them doesn't belong into the top 6 i agree.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Few, thank god he left the mighty 4th line intact. Hope they build on last game where they generated the most chances

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
He can move andf shuffle as long as he wants.
The reason for not scoring is for sure not that Lewis isn't on the 2nd line.
Now when Stoll is playing like the real Stoll the 2nd line is useless and can't overpower the fact that no line is really able to score on his system.

Serious......... wait for everyone balling up in front of the goal, shotting into the crowd and hope for a deflection, when the puck is behind the net try a wrap around.
Does that looks like a game plan ??????????
Same for the PP. Poinshot means where the faceoff points are and not the points where the blue line conects to the boards.
First, all the reply the bolded part needs is this:

Secondly, the Kings offensive woes are now all Stoll's fault? Where were you when Stoll was putting up the points? Oh yeah, that's right you were cowaring in the corner, not saying anything good about him, waiting for a slump so you can do your regular 'Stoll sucks' routine. Give it up, it's gotten really, really old.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Winger23

Murray can shuffle the lines all he wants. Bottom line is the system sucks. I'd be interested if there was a stat keep track of odd man rushes. Seems to me the Kings hardly get any at all, while the opposition has 2-4 every game.

It's one thing to be a defensive minded team, but it's another not to create offense at all. I'm so sick of the Kings shooting it down to the opposition's blue line to a STATIONARY player to have them tip the puck in deep.

With that said, Brown needs to be taken away from Kopi. It was proven last year that they just don't gel well. Williams should help get Kopi going. I too would prefer to get smyth up there with them, but I guess it's baby steps with Murray.

It's obvious L_s Angeles needs some help up front. Just hope Dead doesn't wait too long

Last edited by Winger23: 11-30-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
While I know you are talking about Parse, Lokti and King, you can't really say Simmonds has earned it over Williams specifically. Its about ****ing time he put our two best forwards on the ice at the same time. Only took 23 games to happen once outside of a single 4 on 4 shift a week ago.
... Look, it's pretty much that I'm at the point where I'm watching with a droplet of indifference anyway. If he wants to bust up his best line in order to bump up an unproven and largely ineffective player despite his speed (Lewis) into the top six, the thought's pretty much like "whatever, he'll pay for it." The BB salivates over Lewis and Clifford, and combined they have 2 points in 32 games, get one shot on goal a game, and are -15. Christ, Teddy Purcell did better than that and got completely **** on last season.

I know all about "grit heart desire fire determination hustle blah blah blah" but there has to be SOME concrete production there, right? I'm not asking for much, here - maybe a goal once every month? Maybe a game where they're not a minus? That would be nice.

Murray kicked Simmonds off the top line for not scoring, yet promoted Lewis and Clifford, who aren't scoring and are having goals scored against while they're on the ice. This is a team wide scoring slump, not an individual thing. What would be so bad about having a line gel for a change? I don't think anyone is arguing that Simmonds is a better player than Williams has been so far this season, but Williams was in a spot that was working for him, and Simmonds being on one of the top two lines gave him a chance to progress. What was the hurry to break that off after TWO games? It just screams to me that the coach doesn't really have a plan, that he's just playing it by ear. Like I said, he'll pay for it.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Brophy

I really miss Poni

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Murray can shuffle the lines all he wants. Bottom line is the system sucks. I'd be interested if there was a stat keep track of odd man rushes. Seems to me the Kings hardly get any at all, while the opposition has 2-4 every game.

It's one thing to be a defensive minded team, but it's another not to create offense at all. I'm so sick of the Kings shooting it down to the opposition's blue line to a STATIONARY player to have them tip the puck in deep.

With that said, Brown needs to be taken away from Kopi. It was proven last year that they just don't gel well. Williams should help get Kopi going. I too would prefer to get smyth up there with them, but I guess it's baby steps with Murray.

It's obvious L_s Angeles needs some help up front. Just hope Dead doesn't wait too long
Well said!

It's pretty much one(shot) and done on our rushes.

PP face-offs is one stat i'd love to see broken down for the last three-five years. We can't even set-up offense that way.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

TM said maintenance day for Greener and he hopes he will be back on the ice tomorrow.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Look, it's pretty much that I'm at the point where I'm watching with a droplet of indifference anyway. If he wants to bust up his best line in order to bump up an unproven and largely ineffective player despite his speed (Lewis) into the top six, the thought's pretty much like "whatever, he'll pay for it." The BB salivates over Lewis and Clifford, and combined they have 2 points in 32 games, get one shot on goal a game, and are -15. Christ, Teddy Purcell did better than that and got completely **** on last season.

I know all about "grit heart desire fire determination hustle blah blah blah" but there has to be SOME concrete production there, right? I'm not asking for much, here - maybe a goal once every month? Maybe a game where they're not a minus? That would be nice.

Murray kicked Simmonds off the top line for not scoring, yet promoted Lewis and Clifford, who aren't scoring and are having goals scored against while they're on the ice. This is a team wide scoring slump, not an individual thing. What would be so bad about having a line gel for a change? I don't think anyone is arguing that Simmonds is a better player than Williams has been so far this season, but Williams was in a spot that was working for him, and Simmonds being on one of the top two lines gave him a chance to progress. What was the hurry to break that off after TWO games? It just screams to me that the coach doesn't really have a plan, that he's just playing it by ear. Like I said, he'll pay for it.
Hey man, I'm not in any way defending Murray. I feel ya. I am just happy he finally stumbled into putting Kopi with Williams.

As for the rest, yeah, he clearly has no plan.

He is unwilling to do anything more drastic than a line change or a video review session. It is becoming pretty clear that he is losing his grip on the team.

I am in the middle of planning an article calling out Murray in the way I wish he would call out some players.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

I like these lines. Willy and Lewis deserve the promotions and I'm glad Zeus and Simmonds are back together.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:00 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Happy to see Willie with Kopi. I think that could go well, as it did last year.

I don't think they were promoting Simmonds to the first line for his good play, nor do I think they're demoting him because he hasn't scored. To be honest, I have thought Simmonds has pretty much sucked this year. I expected a better year this year than last, hoping he would grow just as much as he did from his first season to last season. In my mind, Simmonds has no right to be on the 1st line right now, though I will admit that line had some jump last night compared to previous games.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
null33

Seems reasonable. Tough to break up the Geezer line to try to get Kopitar's group going, but something needed to be done and besides, the Geezers haven't been scoring lately, either.

The speedy Ducks second line exposed the Handzus + Two Rookies stopper line last night. A couple of posts and a couple of lucky bounces provided most of that line's stopping power. Moving Simmonds back to Handzus' wing brings the line back to 2/3rds of its original strength.

Things will settle down when Ponikarovsky and Mitchell get back. Murray won't have to worry about the Handzus line nor his defense pairings. But it'll be rough-going in the meanwhile.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Hey man, I'm not in any way defending Murray. I feel ya. I am just happy he finally stumbled into putting Kopi with Williams.

As for the rest, yeah, he clearly has no plan.

He is unwilling to do anything more drastic than a line change or a video review session. It is becoming pretty clear that he is losing his grip on the team.

I am in the middle of planning an article calling out Murray in the way I wish he would call out some players.
How do you know that he isn't calling the players out? I'm sure he meets and discusses his issues with the players individually and points out plenty of mistakes in practice.

This is the same coach that was all over hockey networks for benching Frolov. If he thinks it needs to be done again with someone else, I'm sure he will.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
How do you know that he isn't calling the players out? I'm sure he meets and discusses his issues with the players individually and points out plenty of mistakes in practice.

This is the same coach that was all over hockey networks for benching Frolov. If he thinks it needs to be done again with someone else, I'm sure he will.
Where are the practice sessions where he is skating players into the ground?

You think he is capable of benching Doughty? I don't, even though I think its about time to do so. A message needs to be sent, one loud enough that the entire hockey world will take notice.