HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Would you trade Doughty for Stamkos?

View Poll Results: Would you give up Doughty for Stamkos?
Yes, I would want Stamkos 40 33.33%
No, I would keep Doughty 80 66.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
After tonights game, in a heartbeat!
Having Stamkos convert 50% of our pp's by himself is an enticing thought

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:24 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Having Stamkos convert 50% of our pp's by himself is an enticing thought
Just imagine his snipe from the left side day in and day out!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 01:26 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Yup I would do that deal, Stamkos just might be class of the league in terms of goal scoring, points etc. He's on track to get over 70 goals and will be in the neighborhood of 130 points. That's almost two Kopitars. And speaking of Kopitar would make a fine second centre on this team.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

The following people qualify as complete reactionary retards.

bizoncol, Chazz, DBC Tweeker, Docgonzo, frodrick, hangons, Herby, KelVarnsen, kets, KingPuckChoo, kingsfan77, KingsRule, Kovalchuk89, Mattias, pRisly, Rabid Ranger, RStar, ru4reals, Shockwave, tantrum4, Tikkanen, Timbo Slice, Unkki, vbaron, Zdeno Charamander

And you can blow me if you have a problem with my assesment.

Tikkanen? You ***** piece, reactionary, half-tard, dipped in chocolate, baby Jesus on a manger, prince of all princes retard!

11-20-2010, 12:22 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I think Stamkos is the best player in the world. He's on pace for 50 in 50, 81 goals and 144 points. Reactionary retard? Nobody talks to the reigning HF Boards LA Kings fantasy baseball champ like that without a 5 fingered slap to the face.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I think Stamkos is the best player in the world. He's on pace for 50 in 50, 81 goals and 144 points. Reactionary retard? Nobody talks to the reigning HF Boards LA Kings fantasy baseball champ like that without a 5 fingered slap to the face.

Stamkos is a fantastic player. He's got arguably the best shot in the world and he's red hot.

That being said, stats in the East are inflated. Half the teams there can't defend to save their lives and they get blown out of the water on a regular basis allowing 6+ goals. Just look at a Carolina ... scoring and allowing 6 goals on a regular basis ...

Wed, Nov 03 NY Islanders W 7 - 2
Fri, Nov 05 @ Florida L 7 - 4
Sat, Nov 06 Florida W 3 - 2
Tue, Nov 09 Edmonton W 7 - 1
Thur, Nov 11 Philadelphia L 8 - 1
Sat, Nov 13 @ Montreal L 7 - 2
Wed, Nov 17 Ottawa W 7 - 1

Inner Turbulence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:19 PM
kingdoughty

Who knows how Stamkos' production would be without St Louis feeding him the puck

We have a great defenseman in Doughty and they have a great scorer in Stamkos we'll leave it at that. Anyone talks **** about Doughty and I'll find ur address and beat you up

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:39 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence View Post
Stamkos is a fantastic player. He's got arguably the best shot in the world and he's red hot.

That being said, stats in the East are inflated. Half the teams there can't defend to save their lives and they get blown out of the water on a regular basis allowing 6+ goals. Just look at a Carolina ... scoring and allowing 6 goals on a regular basis ...

Wed, Nov 03 NY Islanders W 7 - 2
Fri, Nov 05 @ Florida L 7 - 4
Sat, Nov 06 Florida W 3 - 2
Tue, Nov 09 Edmonton W 7 - 1
Thur, Nov 11 Philadelphia L 8 - 1
Sat, Nov 13 @ Montreal L 7 - 2
Wed, Nov 17 Ottawa W 7 - 1
if that's the case then we need to consider deflating Kopitar's stats a little due to this recent Eastern swing and the fact that his biggest numbers game so far was against the Islanders... and all of a sudden, we DON'T have a PPG player... really.

i don't think it works that way, nor will anyone around here be willing enough to make that concession.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Inner Turbulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
if that's the case then we need to consider deflating Kopitar's stats a little due to this recent Eastern swing and the fact that his biggest numbers game so far was against the Islanders... and all of a sudden, we DON'T have a PPG player... really.

i don't think it works that way, nor will anyone around here be willing enough to make that concession.
That's over-simplyfied and not what I meant.
I've watched some Eastern games this year and it appeared that odd man rushes and defensive breakdowns were more common than what we've seen so far. Also the results outthere caught my eye.

I just think if we were going up against teams like Atlanta, Carolina etc. on a regular basis rather than the division we're in. Just saying. Just making an observation and speculating. Guess the Kings' playing style could be a factor too. Not direct enough ?

Old
11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
The following people qualify as complete reactionary retards.

bizoncol, Chazz, DBC Tweeker, Docgonzo, frodrick, hangons, Herby, KelVarnsen, kets, KingPuckChoo, kingsfan77, KingsRule, Kovalchuk89, Mattias, pRisly, Rabid Ranger, RStar, ru4reals, Shockwave, tantrum4, Tikkanen, Timbo Slice, Unkki, vbaron, Zdeno Charamander

And you can blow me if you have a problem with my assesment.

Tikkanen? You ***** piece, reactionary, half-tard, dipped in chocolate, baby Jesus on a manger, prince of all princes retard!
Some of the voters are not even Kings fans. I wish there was a way only Kings fans can vote.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:23 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence View Post
That's over-simplyfied and not what I meant.
I've watched some Eastern games this year and it appeared that odd man rushes and defensive breakdowns were more common than what we've seen so far. Also the results outthere caught my eye.

I just think if we were going up against teams like Atlanta, Carolina etc. on a regular basis rather than the division we're in. Just saying. Just making an observation and speculating. Guess the Kings' playing style could be a factor too. Not direct enough ?

what i'm saying is that the answer is that it'll will always balance itself out, and cherry-picking isn't necessarily the best way to frame an argument. that is of course you are willing to do the same for your players.

the fact remains, Steven Stamkos is an elite player and would almost assuredly be so regardless of who was "feeding him" or what division or conference he played in.

the guy has a legitimate shot at winning both the Richard and Art Ross trophies... you can't leech or happenstance your way to that level... Nicklas Backstrom plays in the same division, and not only has the best 1 on 1 player in the world on his team, he also has one of top 5 snipers and offensive defenseman on his team as well.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Inner Turbulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
what i'm saying is that the answer is that it'll will always balance itself out, and cherry-picking isn't necessarily the best way to frame an argument. that is of course you are willing to do the same for your players.

the fact remains, Steven Stamkos is an elite player and would almost assuredly be so regardless of who was "feeding him" or what division or conference he played in.

the guy has a legitimate shot at winning both the Richard and Art Ross trophies... you can't leech or happenstance your way to that level... Nicklas Backstrom plays in the same division, and not only has the best 1 on 1 player in the world on his team, he also has one of top 5 snipers and offensive defenseman on his team as well.
That's fair.
I am pretty sure I started by saying that he's one of the top players in the world. If it sounded like I didn't, then I apologize. I didn't make my point clear. He's among the very best.

But watching some of the Eastern Games (specifically teams like Atlanta, Washington, Tampa, Carolina) it 'feels' like a lot more "open" and that teams are taking more risks effectively exposing themselves defensively ... not as assertive without the puck ... I couldn't help thinking ... wow we don't see as much of that with our Kings.

But obviously I don't have the greatest sample of games to base that assesment on. But the games I've watched combined with the mind-boggling boxscores lead me to feel that way.

I just tell myself that I know a thing or two about stats and trends. Having played in stats-based games for more than a decade and working with statistics for a living. I just try to put the stats into a reasonable context for it to make sense. Like in the NFL, an interception isn't just an interception.

Anyway,
I didn't mean to sound like a smart-ass. Still dont :-).

Last edited by Inner Turbulence: 11-23-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

No.

No and I don't like being asked so either skin that smoke wagon and get to work or turn heal you cur dog and start walkin.

I am a Dman (well former now for the most part save the occasional reunion or pond game) and Doughty is simply so amazing that if I had Stamkos, who is brilliant, I would still rather have drafted DD. In a few years people are going to be freaking out over having a generational talent on our team.

Doughty isn't anywhere close to how good he is going to be and I can't wait until he turns 27 and steps into his prime. It is going to be something to watch.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
If the Kings had drafted 3rd instead of 2nd I guarantee you it would be at least 90% yes. And I'm talking George Foreman guarantee.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 03:19 AM
Heske_44

Yes because Stamkos is in the big three(or four) conversation and is doing stuff that seemingly only guys like Lemieux and Gretzky are capable of.

I appreciate the franchise D versus the franchise forward and while Doughty is there Stamkos has gone from superstar to a Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin(just not this year's) level.

Not a no brainer by any means and I don't believe there is a definite answer.

Btw haven't posted for quite some time here. Just been reading. Doughty anyone remembers me. From Vancouver...flew to LA last year to watch a couple games as the lower bowl tickets I wanted in sold out Vancouver was almost two games and hotel in LA for a few nights

Notice my avatar is probably well out of date....my comment about Brown, however, is not.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Last season people were saying Doughty, this season people are saying Stamkos. I suggest not being so reactionary with the start of the season, there are 15+ years likely ahead of both of them with unknown results.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
kingscourt26

At this point...Doughty has been taking penalties are bad times, has been burned more times than I'd like to see and has been weak on scoring from the point.

Stamkos has 21 goals in the first quarter of the season...

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
pwilson14

No chance in hell. Stamkos is a dirty player yes, but we've already got our franchise centre in Kopitar.

I feel a solid D will go further then a solid O. (assuming the opposites would be even)

Plus I could see Doughty shutting the Stamkos down ALL day! lol

pwilson14 is offline   Reply With Quote