HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can someone tell Steigerwald

Old
11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
The G isn't pronounced in French. His name comes from "L'étang" which means "the pond". The G is silent. You should prononce like you do "le temps". Maybe Jags could help with the phonetics so you understand better.
Yeah, technically in French Letang's name is pronounced le-TUHN. As JS#1 pointed out.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Duck Paddy

I swear these guys must read HF...

They've both been calling him "talbo" all night....and i've NEVER heard them say it before this thread popped up.

Doesn't Talbot himself say it with the T?

Duck Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Jag68Sid87

Apparently, Fleury was born in Grenobles, since Errey called him a "Frenchman" earlier tonight.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Can someone tell me who this "McCallick" guy is that Stiegy keeps talking about?

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Riggs
Kaptain

Someone tell Steigy all he needs to say after a goal is "Scores" or "he scores" and he can drop the "he wired the puck into the goal" and "he ripped it into the goal".

Thank you

Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Can someone please tell FSN Pittsburgh I now choose to watch the other FSN feed every game, except when we play Florida, Nashville, Carolina, Detroit or Colorado? Yes, that is correct. Every other local broadcasting team is more professional, knowledgeable and easier on the ears than Steigerwald and Errey. I only switch over from time to time so I can pick up another anecdote for this thread. It only takes about 3 minutes worth of aire time to pick up on one of their gaffes though, so I don't have to suffer too much.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
Can someone please tell FSN Pittsburgh I now choose to watch the other FSN feed every game, except when we play Florida, Nashville, Carolina, Detroit or Colorado? Yes, that is correct. Every other local broadcasting team is more professional, knowledgeable and easier on the ears than Steigerwald and Errey. I only switch over from time to time so I can pick up another anecdote for this thread. It only takes about 3 minutes worth of air time to pick up on one of their gaffes though, so I don't have to suffer too much.
They're the worst in the league, imo. Florida's PBP guy, Goldman, is better than Steigerwald. Lindsay as an analyst doesn't say much, but he doesn't sound clinically insane like Errey does. Nashville's duo is strange, for sure. And Crisp is hard to listen to. But I'd take those two over our guys. Carolina? Forslund is one of the best in the business. Yes, Tripp Tracy is annoying, but I'd take him over listening to the two idiots. OK, Colorado's PBP is bad. Like, really really bad. But I like Peter McNabb as a color analyst.

We suck so badly in this area. It astounds me that the org. chooses to ignore this issue.

Last edited by Jag68Sid87: 11-30-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old
11-30-2010, 11:52 AM
cassius

Steiggy is just so brutal it's not even funny. I think it's pretty well-established at this point that Steiggy is the worst PBP guy in the league.

At least a guy like Jack Edwards brings some comedic value to the table. Steiggy's jokes...... not so much.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Dan Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
Old story but needs to be shared:

When I was in Atlanta in April for the Cooke KO game it was between periods and I walked by Steigy and Lange talking. I heard Steigy say, "I said, 'At the end of the year Afinogenov is a UFA' and Bobby said, 'UFA?! More like a UFO!'" and they both laughed.

Nice to see that Steigy gets as much puzzlement from Errey as we do.

Also caught Steigy talking to one of the Thrashers people and the Thrashers person says, "Oh, you mean she has a butter face?" Christ did I want to hear the rest of that conversation.
Thanks for sharing.

Dan Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
We suck so badly in this area. It astounds me that the org. chooses to ignore this issue.
Not sure they can do much. I think Errey/Steigy are FSN employees. Pretty sure the Pens employ Lange/Bourque for the radio.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Why can't Mario & Burke buy there own all Penguin station on TV and rehire Lange & who cares. FSN has to be the biggest joke of a station. I don't even want to get into how poor it is.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote