HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky calls out Sid....again

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

vCash: 500
Dubinsky's on pace for 38 goals this year so far and he's had to do it without playing much with Gaborik (who's been injured/sick) so all you pretending not to know who he is better start paying attention to a rising USA hockey star.

Now to the play and Dubi's comments. The play was a slewfoot. Not question there. Dubi was asked about his thoughts on the play during the next intermission. He tempered his comments about Sidney after the game, but this is during it. How can you not expect him to show some frustration? Sidney makes a dirty play with the slewfoot and they give one of our team leaders in Callahan a minor for what I can only guess is for frustrating Sidney Crosby to the point where he takes a cheap shot at him.

This BS that you're all whining about how guys go after Sidney is well, BS. The guy gets preferential treatment all the time by the refs it's sickening. Remember a few years ago now in the playoffs when we played you and Marty Straka got called for interference on Crosby for a very similar play up there? Straka was a small european player who wasn't a physical player and had that rep as a guy who didn't take penalties like that. Well here's the clip if all you guys have gotten to the point where you can't keep all the Crosby dives straight:

Old
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Kel Varnsen

Here's some hard numbers to back out the hit job the refs do against your opponents. This looks at penalties called against NYR and PIT the past few years. Results are telling.

2005-2006
NY: 26
Pitt: 26
Even

2006-2007
NY: 34
Pitt: 23
Lopsided in favor of Pitt

2007-2008
NY: 20
Pitt: 22
Basically even

2008-2009
NY: 22
Pitt: 14

2009-2010
NY: 10
Pitt: 10
Even

2010-2011
NY: 7
Pitt: 0
Lopsided in favor of Pitt.

Old
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000

The Youtube video evidence you use is at least 3 seasons old (given that Straka hasn't played for the Rangers since the 07-08 season). Since Crosby's such a whiner and diver and apparently is constantly involved in these favorable calls, couldn't you find anything recent?

No wonder Pens fans laugh when people still refer to Crosby as a whiner and a diver despite the fact most of that stems from his first couple of years in the league. Every time someone's asked to provide proof, they bring up videos from Sid's rookie or sophomore year.

Also, you do realize that not all teams are going to draw the same number of penalties right?

Take a "goon" team, and then compare them to the Red Wings. I'm pretty sure the Wings get called much less than a team with a bunch of dirty players will.

Old
11-30-2010, 05:55 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Dubinsky's on pace for 38 goals this year so far and he's had to do it without playing much with Gaborik (who's been injured/sick) so all you pretending not to know who he is better start paying attention to a rising USA hockey star.

Now to the play and Dubi's comments. The play was a slewfoot. Not question there. Dubi was asked about his thoughts on the play during the next intermission. He tempered his comments about Sidney after the game, but this is during it. How can you not expect him to show some frustration? Sidney makes a dirty play with the slewfoot and they give one of our team leaders in Callahan a minor for what I can only guess is for frustrating Sidney Crosby to the point where he takes a cheap shot at him.

This BS that you're all whining about how guys go after Sidney is well, BS. The guy gets preferential treatment all the time by the refs it's sickening. Remember a few years ago now in the playoffs when we played you and Marty Straka got called for interference on Crosby for a very similar play up there? Straka was a small european player who wasn't a physical player and had that rep as a guy who didn't take penalties like that. Well here's the clip if all you guys have gotten to the point where you can't keep all the Crosby dives straight:
You mean when Marty Straka got called for interference when Marty Straka interfered? Yep. I remember that. Resembles the interference call Callahan got last night. New NHL, Scooter. Can't hold guys up in the neutral zone.

Old
11-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Here's some hard numbers to back out the hit job the refs do against your opponents. This looks at penalties called against NYR and PIT the past few years. Results are telling.

2005-2006
Even

2006-2007

2007-2008
Basically even

2008-2009

2009-2010
Even

2010-2011
Pittsburgh has also been a much more talented and dynamic team over that period, which sort of explains why they would draw more penalties.

It isn't the ref's job to ensure that penalties are even between teams.

Quote:
It's called "acting like a composed professional".

Old
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Pens1566

Those #s might have something to do with the offensive talent differential between the two teams perhaps. Just a hunch ...

Old
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

The Youtube video evidence you use is at least 3 seasons old (given that Straka hasn't played for the Rangers since the 07-08 season). Since Crosby's such a whiner and diver, couldn't you find anything recent?

No wonder Pens fans laugh when people still refer to Crosby as a whiner and a diver despite the fact most of that stems from his first couple of years in the league. Every time someone's asked to provide proof, they bring up videos from Sid's rookie or sophomore year.

Also, you do realize that not all teams are going to draw the same number of penalties right?

Take a "goon" team, and then compare them to the Red Wings. I'm pretty sure the Wings get called much less than a team with a bunch of dirty players will.
I used that because it made more sense as a rangers/pens crosby dive in the neutral zone when jostling for position. There are tons more crosby dives. Here's a recent one if you really want:

Old
11-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

Complain about preferential treatment when it goes against you but when the Yankees get it I bet you're singing a different tune then.

If OV does this same exact play then it's his passion to get through the zone to the net, if it's Avery then it's just Avery being Avery. If it's Sid then apparently it's the worst thing in the world and can only be described as the dirtiest play so far this season. Honestly though I don't care what the haters think. I enjoy reading all their hate and trolling. Makes me laugh.

Also semi off topic but I hate Dubinsky's face. Simply just hate his face. Even if he was a Penguin I'd hate his face. Just look at it, how can you not hate that face?

Old
11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Those #s might have something to do with the offensive talent differential between the two teams perhaps. Just a hunch ...
yeah keep telling yourself that...

We're just so good, honest we are! lol

Old
11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
FDBluth

Quote:
I don't see how it's worth it to argue with anyone who thinks that this play is worthy of debate.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

vCash: 370
Quote:
I used that because it made more sense as a rangers/pens crosby dive in the neutral zone when jostling for position. There are tons more crosby dives. Here's a recent one if you really want:
Pft, that's the most recent you can do? Last playoffs? That's so long ago, he's changed so much since then.

for safety

However, I thought it was a dive and the announcer said "stick to the head." I tried to go frame by frame to see if it was, but couldn't come up with anything clear. At one instant it does look like #21's (Gionta?) stick is touching Sid's helmet.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:

2005-2006
Even

2006-2007

2007-2008
Basically even

2008-2009

2009-2010
Even

2010-2011
Wait, do your 3 PP's last night not count or something?

Also, are you really that delusional that you don't think Straka interfered on your youtube and you think its evidence of a Crosby dive? Really? Also, what a great game. Yeah, blame the Refs you guys couldn't hold onto a 3 goal lead in a playoff game. Thanks King Henry!

Old
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Quote:

Yes, the fact Crosby went to one knee totally change the fact Straka was interfering.

I hope your able to stay on your two skates having a guy poking & shoving you, Hardly a dive and more being put off balance.

That happens more to Crosby than it's ever called, point being nothing new, precious.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

Quote:

Sarcasm aside. Is that really you're defense for that comment? I can understand that comment coming from a Red Wings fan but that's the limit recently.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALKINOCALYPSE View Post
Complain about preferential treatment when it goes against you but when the Yankees get it I bet you're singing a different tune then.

If OV does this same exact play then it's his passion to get through the zone to the net, if it's Avery then it's just Avery being Avery. Honestly though I don't care what the haters think. I enjoy reading all their hate and trolling. Makes me laugh.

Also semi off topic but I hate Dubinsky's face. Simply just hate his face. Even if he was a Penguin I'd hate his face. Just look at it, how can you not hate that face?
Avery gets the opposite of preferential treatment. He sometimes gets called for skating while being Sean Avery. That being said, he's a dirty player. NYR fans don't deny that. Some try to justify it by either saying he's righting the wrongs of the refs in other situations (slewfoot crosby?), or just trying to fire up the team, but that doesn't change the fact he's a dirty player. Of course you're going to like it when the dirty play is going your way, that's irrelevant to this topic. I know isles fans that liked or at least got a little enjoyment from seeing chris simon try to knock out hollweg with his stick. So what? A dirty play is a dirty play, and a fan liking a dirty play by his team doesn't change the play any. Part of being a fan is being biased towards your team, otherwise you're not a fan...

Old
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

Maybe your issue should be with the NYR taking a lot of penalties and not winning many games.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
JTG

Quote:
That's the best you have? Him getting skates tangled up then taking a stick across the back of the head?

Get your weak **** out of here

Old
11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
lol, nice trolling. You do realize his skate gets taken out, and as he trips, he gets a stick straight to the head, but keep on trolling.

Old
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:

Is it even debatable that the Pens have had a more talented team over the past few years? Jesus.

Old
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
Wait, do your 3 PP's last night not count or something?

Also, are you really that delusional that you don't think Straka interfered on your youtube and you think its evidence of a Crosby dive? Really? Also, what a great game. Yeah, blame the Refs you guys couldn't hold onto a 3 goal lead in a playoff game. Thanks King Henry!
I ripped this from another post that was made before the game last night so that's why this year's numbers don't include last nights game.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Grave77digger

Its skate on skate contact that made him bite it. but whatever.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

Quote:
Avery gets the opposite of preferential treatment. He sometimes gets called for skating while being Sean Avery. That being said, he's a dirty player. NYR fans don't deny that. Some try to justify it by either saying he's righting the wrongs of the refs in other situations (slewfoot crosby?), or just trying to fire up the team, but that doesn't change the fact he's a dirty player. Of course you're going to like it when the dirty play is going your way, that's irrelevant to this topic. I know isles fans that liked or at least got a little enjoyment from seeing chris simon try to knock out hollweg with his stick. So what? A dirty play is a dirty play, and a fan liking a dirty play by his team doesn't change the play any. Part of being a fan is being biased towards your team, otherwise you're not a fan...
It should have been a penalty on Sid as well. Not many Pens fans are even saying otherwise. But to say Sid is a dirty player as a whole is way off balance.

I wasn't talking about Avery's treatment. We have Cooke so we understand the treatment. I was commenting on how people react to certain players doing anything really. People hate the Pens and Sid. We're fine with that. But like you just said, we're fans, we're going to defend our guy.

Old
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Saku11

^Generik, why dont you go to whine to your own boards. Thats the place of whiners not here...You have some talent at whining, not as much as D-Baginsky tho. Star treatment? No, the guy gets abuse like any other top player, you just have a hard time admitting he owns your team pretty much every game. Lundqueen (who whined to media bout Sid too, because he is tired of Sid owning him) is usually his ***** when we play you.

Closed Thread