HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#26 - 11.29.2010 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Milbury just said on Versus that Dubinsky should just shut up, and that Crosby was just "playing hard".
I just watched this on versus and wish I could have my ten minutes back of listening to this moron. Saying that 1st it wasent a slew foot and directing attention the ovechkin slewfoot, then going on to say dubi should shut up just made me want to puke. It all just reminded me how wothless milbury is. He sucked as a player, he was worse at the business side and now as a commentator we as fans have to listen to this idiot. When the **** is the NHL going to wake up and pit someone remotely interesting on television to discuss what is happening in and around the league.

A non bias opinion would have made mention that the penalty on callahan for that play was just another example of terrible officiating.

Last edited by Lion Hound: 11-30-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Milbury's a dirtbag!
Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 08:13 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I just watched this on versus and wish I could have my ten minutes back of listening to this moron. Saying that 1st it wasent a slew foot and directing attention the ovechkin slewfoot, then going on to say dubi should shut up just made me want to puke. It all just reminded me how wothless milbury is. He sucked as a player, he was worse at the business side and now as a commentator we as fans have to listen to this idiot. When the **** is the NHL going to wake up and pit someone remotely interesting on television to discuss what is happening in and around the league.

A non bias opinion would have made mention that the penalty on callahan for that play was just another example of terrible officiating.
Unfortunately, there are only a handful of announcers, analysts, writers, etc. that aren't biased these days. How Milbury still has a job in hockey is beyond me.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 11:35 AM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
I was at the game last night and I didnt think it was so much that their team is sooo much more talented than ours because I was only impressed by the individual play of Crosbiatch on their team. It was more of the system they were playing. Literally every single time they came through the neutral zone, they did it with a ton of speed. Every time we came through, we dumped and chased.

I dont know exactly how they did it, but it was mesmerizing to watch. It was hockey at its finest and I cant help but think it is due to the system they play. They were able to make "blind" passes all night through the neutral zone because they knew exactly where every player was on the ice.

This is something that we are lacking desperately. We watch the Rangers play dump and ****ing chase all night, every night. I wish I knew enough to really pick apart the Pens system, but i dont.

I know there is a lot of hockey knowledge on these boards so if someone could tell me that I'm crazy or help elaborate on my point, that would be much appreciated.
I do not think it is that hard. Pens do long passes through the whole middle zone so if our dear Rangers were stuck to the boards, 3 on 2 and 2 on 1 situations were inevitable and deadly.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Unpredictable1

Yeah they were running stretch passes all night and Dubi was right - we had too much of a gap between the forwards and defense which makes these plays easy.

I know from when I play, if the other team starts trying stretch passes, you clog up the middle and shorten the distance between you and your defense corps. However your forecheck will suffer from this. Basically have one runner to create havoc on a aggressive forecheck while the other 2 forwards hang back a bit.

Dump and chase doesn't work that well on the Pens unless you are absolutely on their heels and even then they're that good they'll still manage to get control and get it out.

When you have that good of defensive zone coverage and control like they do, it allows for your forwards to cheat a little and make the opponent's defense back up off the line.

There's a tourney that I play once a year that our d core is top notch. As soon as they gather possession of the puck, if I'm still in our zone they're yelling at me lol (to get up ice)

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:36 PM
JimmyStart*

I think blaming torts system is incorrect and misplaced criticism. I don't like his line changes and I think based on what he's been putting out there his breakup of the pack line was a flat out dumb decision but the system has been fine.

Good coaches maximize the talent and he's done that most of the season. Now that some of the talent is back (Mainly Gabs but also hank off of flu for a week or two now) those guys gotta be what they're paid to be. Same for Staal whatever the hell his problem is this year. What top talent we do have is not playing like top talent hence can't beat the best right now. Not his sytem it's the players he's got. He's molded a few and found a few to fit his system but it's been what two years? Gonna take another year or two.

Overall he makes some dumb dumb mistakes like the water bottle incident and line changes but the team has bought in and maximized its talent when it could have folded early in this season. He's also shown requisite patience with youngsters which has impressed me. Guys who were sick or injured or slumping need to pick it up now. It's been long enough.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote