HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Doug Weight Coaching the Power Play

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
  #1
Trumanperro
Registered User
 
Trumanperro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Doug Weight Coaching the Power Play

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.h...rss-lebourdais

A sign of a future Job? If this as far as it goes, I wouldn't mind much.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
  #2
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,026
vCash: 500
In all honesty I'd rather him be the PP coach than actually be on the PP.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
  #3
Isles Shawn
Registered User
 
Isles Shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
ugh....

:slams head on table:

I can't take it anymore...

Isles Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
  #4
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Bandwagon since 2008
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 15,966
vCash: 500
Too bad this can't actually keep him off the ice

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
  #5
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 8,905
vCash: 500
The complete lack of any semblance of structure with this organization is mind boggling.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:13 PM
  #6
E_Godard
Registered User
 
E_Godard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Section 103
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,041
vCash: 500
Why not? He has the experience and we're currently using our Bridgeport coach to field the team. I dont see any reason to get butthurt over this.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
  #7
ScaredStreit
Registered User
 
ScaredStreit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 61
Hmmmm looks like those rumors about Weight becoming the new coach holds some water. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the new coach next year.

Also I like Weight on the PP-but down low. He's awful on the point, but down low in one of the corners I'd like him on the unit in that capacity.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
  #8
Trumanperro
Registered User
 
Trumanperro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
Why not? He has the experience and we're currently using our Bridgeport coach to field the team. I dont see any reason to get butthurt over this.
I agree, actually I was hoping after this year he would fit into a role like this.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:27 PM
  #9
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 8,905
vCash: 500
Maybe they can get that short dude from the draft to coach the PK.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:34 PM
  #10
Darth Bangkok
Registered User
 
Darth Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Holy Christ. I say its time for Nyles (he's the mascot right??) to start pulling double duty. Maybe make him the goalie coach and that's one more salary for wanger to save.

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
  #11
StillAnIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Honestly, I can't stand using forward on the point on the PP, ever.
Never liked it when it started (I think Ivan Hlinka started doing it as coach of the Pens, and it caught on, I may be wrong, but it was when I first recall seeing it)

Only D-men should be PP quarterbacks, period!

StillAnIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
  #12
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillAnIslesFan View Post
Honestly, I can't stand using forward on the point on the PP, ever.
Never liked it when it started (I think Ivan Hlinka started doing it as coach of the Pens, and it caught on, I may be wrong, but it was when I first recall seeing it)

Only D-men should be PP quarterbacks, period!
Don't have much of a choice with Hillen, MacDonald and Mottau all injured we have one lefty dman and it's Eaton who has no offensive ability. I'd rather have a forward and a dman on the points than two righty dmen.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
  #13
StillAnIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Don't have much of a choice with Hillen, MacDonald and Mottau all injured we have one lefty dman and it's Eaton who has no offensive ability. I'd rather have a forward and a dman on the points than two righty dmen.
Fair Enough, they need all the help they can get...

StillAnIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:11 PM
  #14
StuDog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillAnIslesFan View Post
Fair Enough, they need all the help they can get...
Get Doug Dunlop some plaid pants and call it a day.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 09:11 PM
  #15
BelovedIsles
Registered User
 
BelovedIsles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In Your head [;
Country: United States
Posts: 9,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
The complete lack of any semblance of structure with this organization is mind boggling.
Agreed.

Blurred boundaries.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:05 PM
  #16
ScaredStreit
Registered User
 
ScaredStreit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 61
Hmmm when will Wang just get behind the bench? That's what I really wanna know!

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
  #17
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Hmmm when will Wang just get behind the bench? That's what I really wanna know!
the man has to eliminate a few more positions first. GM? Why not. Assistant coaches? If he was a good coach he wouldn't need assistants.

And why have a minor league team? You just have to pay twice as many guys to play a friggen game. Just keep the 30 cheapest players and give the next top draft pick a bonus to get us to the cap floor he'll never make.

THEN we can make Wang GM, coach, trainer, bus driver and have whoever is sitting out the game serve food and beverages on the concourse.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
  #18
SnowmustGo*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nassau, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
in my 15 sad years as an islander fan, ive never been less enthusiastic about a current captain than i am for dougie weight..everyone and their mother knows this guy would not be in the NHL anymore if he wasnt buddies with upper management, and if the islanders organization were not run like a "mom and pop store"

SnowmustGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM
  #19
SnowmustGo*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nassau, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
the man has to eliminate a few more positions first. GM? Why not. Assistant coaches? If he was a good coach he wouldn't need assistants.

And why have a minor league team? You just have to pay twice as many guys to play a friggen game. Just keep the 30 cheapest players and give the next top draft pick a bonus to get us to the cap floor he'll never make.

THEN we can make Wang GM, coach, trainer, bus driver and have whoever is sitting out the game serve food and beverages on the concourse.
lmao this is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard but in the realm of wangworld this might actually be plausable

SnowmustGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:59 AM
  #20
WHARF1940
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: down in a hole
Country: United States
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok View Post
Holy Christ. I say its time for Nyles (he's the mascot right??) to start pulling double duty. Maybe make him the goalie coach and that's one more salary for wanger to save.
wow remember that ugly monster, i used to want to punch that thing.....

WHARF1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 06:51 AM
  #21
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Maybe they can get that short dude from the draft to coach the PK.
Haaa!

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 07:32 AM
  #22
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,973
vCash: 350
This really does seem like a setup thing. Capuano is interim. Weight is coaching the PP. It's now just a short step to make Weight coach next year, in Wang world anyway.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 07:47 AM
  #23
NYI94wasaFLUKE9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty O
Country: United States
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHARF1940 View Post
wow remember that ugly monster, i used to want to punch that thing.....

NYI94wasaFLUKE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:37 AM
  #24
Pnut
Registered User
 
Pnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: w. suckic
Country: United States
Posts: 6,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Hmmm when will Wang just get behind the bench? That's what I really wanna know!
At least Weight was a player in the past. Not now. Maybe they can have him retire and he can start his new "position" ASAP. People getting all upset about this? I mean at least it looks like Weight will stay with the org, like we all (well most of us) wanted for Sillinger and what Witt didnt get.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:23 AM
  #25
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 8,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
People getting all upset about this?
It's not upsetting, but it's just another reminder that this organization continues to operate with no discernible structure, no discipline, no vision and no real plan. The coaching and management is so inept that the players are running the circus now. It's always a wing and a prayer with this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Maybe they can have him retire and he can start his new "position" ASAP.
As with any "position" with the Islanders, he should prepare by bringing plenty of lube...

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.