HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats gonna happen to BOUCHER

Old
11-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

vCash: 500
Whats gonna happen to BOUCHER

When Leighton comes back are they gonna Boucher him on waivers?

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:10 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

probably waive Richards and teach Boosh how to play Center

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
wouldn't put it pass them and then put carter in "ginnie pig molestation rehab"...hahah

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:20 PM
XS Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Not a bad idea actually. They can just get him to stand 3 feet in front of the opposing goal and Briere could bounce rebounds off him into the net. Brilliant.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
I think they do what they did last year and just keep all 3 just to make sure everyone's healthy and in case Bobrovsky's play tails off.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Flyerfan4life

yea hopefully they roll with all 3 fighting for number 1

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Drive 4 5 View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do. I think Boucher will stay with the Flyers no matter what.

In principle, the Flyers don't normally allow guys to totally lose their jobs because of injury, so I'm sure they will give Leighton a chance to play and claim his job back.

I think it's possible that they will send Bobrovsky down to the Phantoms when Leighton is ready to play. It only has to be for a few weeks, and it'll help him avoid too much fatigue and he can work on things little things in his game with Neil Little under less pressure.

Let Leighton play 7-10 games. If he's good and they win, he might stay. If he sucks, Bob will be recalled and Leighton waived or traded (not sure there is a market)... If they waived Leighton, he would be great playoff insurance playing in the AHL for the balance of the year, then being called up for the playoffs. Next year it'll be Bob and Leights.

While Leighton is getting his shot, Bob's better off playing a bunch of games in the AHL than sitting with Boucher in a 3 goalie rotation or splitting the games with Leighton.

We'll see....I'm sure there will be some interesting conversations between Homer, Lavy, Little and the leadership group.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
Not a bad idea actually. They can just get him to stand 3 feet in front of the opposing goal and Briere could bounce rebounds off him into the net. Brilliant.
But that's Meszaros' job, isn't it????

Old
12-01-2010, 08:18 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I would guess they place Lappy on LTIR and keep Boosh with the team. I'm sure the Hutton and Duschene backup times still ring in Homers ear.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Drive 4 5 View Post
He'll probably be the waterboy.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:52 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I would guess they place Lappy on LTIR and keep Boosh with the team. I'm sure the Hutton and Duschene backup times still ring in Homers ear.
Lappy is already on LTIR

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do. I think Boucher will stay with the Flyers no matter what.

In principle, the Flyers don't normally allow guys to totally lose their jobs because of injury, so I'm sure they will give Leighton a chance to play and claim his job back.

I think it's possible that they will send Bobrovsky down to the Phantoms when Leighton is ready to play. It only has to be for a few weeks, and it'll help him avoid too much fatigue and he can work on things little things in his game with Neil Little under less pressure.

Let Leighton play 7-10 games. If he's good and they win, he might stay. If he sucks, Bob will be recalled and Leighton waived or traded (not sure there is a market)... If they waived Leighton, he would be great playoff insurance playing in the AHL for the balance of the year, then being called up for the playoffs. Next year it'll be Bob and Leights.

While Leighton is getting his shot, Bob's better off playing a bunch of games in the AHL than sitting with Boucher in a 3 goalie rotation or splitting the games with Leighton.

We'll see....I'm sure there will be some interesting conversations between Homer, Lavy, Little and the leadership group.

No way they send Bobrovsky down. He is in the top 7 in GAA, save %, and wins. Sending him down with Reese in Philly makes zero sense. Once Leighton is healthy Boucher can spend the rest of the season in the AHL and Ed Snider can give him a front office job next year or he can scout Europe with Little.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
facts

I think where we are in the standings will dictate. Lavy is a here and now guy, and both Bob and Boosh have done enough to stay in the line up. Oddly enough our goaltending got us two points during the weekend games that we should have won, with that in mind we are sticking with both pits and wash so now is not the time to "get a goalie back in." Ultimately though Boosh will get waived sent to Phantoms and leighton will backup Bob.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
I'm also not convinced that Leighton will be inserted into the starting lineup and be handed the #1 job. If the team is still winning behind Bobrovsky, it's his job. Leighton won't be put in out of principle. He's going to have to wait until they're ready for him.

Leighton put the team behind the 8-ball when he wasn't honest with the team about being injured during contract negotiations, so now he's behind the 8-ball getting his job back. Frankly, when he's healthy, he should still be #3.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'm also not convinced that Leighton will be inserted into the starting lineup and be handed the #1 job. If the team is still winning behind Bobrovsky, it's his job. Leighton won't be put in out of principle. He's going to have to wait until they're ready for him.

Leighton put the team behind the 8-ball when he wasn't honest with the team about being injured during contract negotiations, so now he's behind the 8-ball getting his job back. Frankly, when he's healthy, he should still be #3.
We'll have to see what they decide to do. I don't think Leighton really was being dishonest. He passed the year end physical, and I'm sure half the team had back or other pain as they passed theirs too. It was a hard grind.

I'm sure they will give him some starts. I don't think they'll hand him the job, he'll have to earn it - but he will get some chances.

If that's the case, I'd still rather send Bob down to keep him sharp while they do it. Having three goalies can be done, but it is rarely good for the goalies.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Lappy is already on LTIR
I thought they were waiting on that for some unknown reason? I guess I missed where they finally did it.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

Quote:
We'll have to see what they decide to do. I don't think Leighton really was being dishonest. He passed the year end physical, and I'm sure half the team had back or other pain as they passed theirs too. It was a hard grind.

I'm sure they will give him some starts. I don't think they'll hand him the job, he'll have to earn it - but he will get some chances.

If that's the case, I'd still rather send Bob down to keep him sharp while they do it. Having three goalies can be done, but it is rarely good for the goalies.

So is sending Bobrovsky to the AHL to keep him sharp or rest him? Would it not make more sense for Bobrovsky to still keep getting his shot at the NHL where he has shown to be a top 10 statistically and is seemingly learning from the NHL goalie coach in Reese?

At this point it is Bobrovsky's job and Leighton is coming back to earn a spot, if he shows the ability to play at the NHL level Boucher gets sent packing while Leighton and Bobrovksy get their starts and the hot goalie(most likely Bobrovsky) will get the primary duties over the last 15-20 games.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
whskybarJM

unfortunately he will be waived. that being said, I love boosh, hard not to like him. no matter what happens, upon retirement, there will always be a position open for him in the flyers office. Why because this is a classy organization (i crack up at how much people despise this team when they are one of, if not the classiest run teams out there)

one of the many many reasons I love this organization

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I thought they were waiting on that for some unknown reason? I guess I missed where they finally did it.
Same here. I thought they were holding back until they actually needed to make the move. Something about how the cap works and allowing greater flexibility for Homer to move pieces around if needed.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:06 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
unfortunately he will be waived. that being said, I love boosh, hard not to like him. no matter what happens, upon retirement, there will always be a position open for him in the flyers office. Why because this is a classy organization (i crack up at how much people despise this team when they are one of, if not the classiest run teams out there)

one of the many many reasons I love this organization
I will wager my massive amount of vcash that Boucher isnt waived

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Same here. I thought they were holding back until they actually needed to make the move. Something about how the cap works and allowing greater flexibility for Homer to move pieces around if needed.
Lappy isn't on LTIR yet, acc to Bill Meltzer, but it's an option:

As a result, I would not be surprised if the Flyers put either Ian Laperierre or Matt Walker on LTIR, carry three goaltenders for the short-term and then decide in a couple weeks whether to waive Boucher (more likely) or Leighton.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...12310/45/31874

Old
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
zamboni88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I will wager my massive amount of vcash that Boucher isnt waived
I agree - Boucher is the perfect backup and has little trade value. Leighton could bring a draft pick and should be unloaded for signing a contract then suddenly discovering he needs surgery. I think Homer will move him.

zamboni88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:32 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni88 View Post
I agree - Boucher is the perfect backup and has little trade value. Leighton could bring a draft pick and should be unloaded for signing a contract then suddenly discovering he needs surgery. I think Homer will move him.
*ding*

I REALLY have a hunch that's what will happen. I think the organization still is sorta upset about the whole thing, again just a hunch. I think Leight does his stint in the AHL and is moved for some sort of pick and or iffy prospect.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni88 View Post
Not really. He fits the role of a backup to a tee. Great team guy, knows his role, good enough for an occasional start and for subbing in, and has a lot of experience. However, he's not good enough to be considered the perfect backup.

Either they'll roll with three goalies until one falls out of grace or they'll get rid of one of Boosh or Leighton relatively soon after Leighton is healthy. I'm betting the former happens.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Will I be the only one to be sad if Boosh got sent down or never got to play in a Flyers uniform again?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote