HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

38th Obsequious Banter Thread: The unnamed one

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2010, 01:33 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
UNH pushed UCONN alot more then I thought they would Tuesday night. they out rebounded UCONN and actually led at halftime before falling 62-55.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Oh, I know. I'd been trying to watch NBA games, but those 20 seconds of gameplay were what sealed it for me. I mean..at least do SOMETHING. I watched a man get paid who knows how much money to be a meat pylon as a tall guy just ran right by him. at least stick your arm out; do ANYTHING.

I do like NCAA basketball though...at least teams play defense there. Virginia Tech won more than a few games largely because Jamon Gordon could shut down an entire section of the court on his own, as could Zabian Dowdel (or however that's spelled).
NCAA Basketball is definitely cool. The tournament is always good for some fun. Basketball just isn't my favorite sport, on a very basic level. It probably ranks number 5 for me.

1. Hockey
2. Football
3. Tennis
4. Baseball
5. Basketball

Old
12-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Ri hards

T-minus 10hours to the job interview. The prep is done. All that's left is a good nights sleep and total freaking domination.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:55 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach J View Post
T-minus 10hours to the job interview. The prep is done. All that's left is a good nights sleep and total freaking domination.
Good luck, dude!

Old
12-01-2010, 04:00 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
What kind of job?

Old
12-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Terence Peterman

I just ordered my tickets to the Brind'Amour ceremony game in Carolina.

Last edited by Terence Peterman: 12-01-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Pow!

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 12-05-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Beef Edit: User Request
Old
12-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
So I went to my first Sixers game ever last night........... Not fun. As much as I sat there and tried to force myself to get into it, I couldn't. That's as far as my basketball experiment goes. Just baffles my mind how one of my really good buddies will argue with me til the day I die, how bastketball is the superior sport, and how hockey doesn't even come close to being better. Plus I think the worst part of the whole game was the fact that I know the last 2 minutes are very similar to football in the fact that it'll take a half hour for it to play out, but literally it played down until the 1 minute mark, and from that point until like 26 seconds took 15+ minutes. And all the refs did was give the other team who was losing, foul shot after foul shot after foul shot, and apparently that happens every game to the losing team to keep it close. I'm sorry but that's a ****ing joke of a sport.

Old
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
kicksave27

I'm sure comcast would love it if the NBA went on strike, they'd stop loosing money on the sixers. I haven't watched an NBA game since AI left the sixers. I'd rather watch curling than an NBA basketball game.

Btw, I didn't think john cena was that tall.

Old
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Kambo

Good luck! Went on an interview on Monday and it took them all of 2 hours to call me back to tell me I didn't get it. They then went on to tell me how they would still love me to join the company as long as I am willing to relocate, or would like to drive out to West Chester everyday. Riiighhhtttt......

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 12-05-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Beef Edit: User Request
Old
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
So I went to my first Sixers game ever last night........... Not fun. As much as I sat there and tried to force myself to get into it, I couldn't. That's as far as my basketball experiment goes. Just baffles my mind how one of my really good buddies will argue with me til the day I die, how bastketball is the superior sport, and how hockey doesn't even come close to being better. Plus I think the worst part of the whole game was the fact that I know the last 2 minutes are very similar to football in the fact that it'll take a half hour for it to play out, but literally it played down until the 1 minute mark, and from that point until like 26 seconds took 15+ minutes. And all the refs did was give the other team who was losing, foul shot after foul shot after foul shot, and apparently that happens every game to the losing team to keep it close. I'm sorry but that's a ****ing joke of a sport.
It probably didn't help that you went and watched one of the worst teams in the NBA this season.

I used to be into basketball back when in my early teenage years, but that was primarily because I liked playing it and actually never really watched it. Since I'm in austria, there weren't really any broadcasts of the matches. A neighborhood kid who was a bit older than me also pretty much got me hooked. He was a huge Michael Jordan fan.

Now that I've grown up, I've come to realize that basketball is pretty boring to watch and really not all that entertaining. That's why all they ever show on highlights, unless something completely extraordinary happened (half-court 3-pointer, etc.), are the plays from the last 5 minutes or so.

The primary reason why basketball sucks is because there is way too much scoring and even great plays are drowned out in their relatively small impact on the score. Even the best play is at most worth 3 points when teams combine to score about 160 to 300 points in a game.

Old
12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

My buddy saw a list of worst and best owners in sports. Well, Snider was on there once for the Flyers, saying he's great. Then he's on the list for being the worst with the Sixers. lol.

Old
12-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
My buddy saw a list of worst and best owners in sports. Well, Snider was on there once for the Flyers, saying he's great. Then he's on the list for being the worst with the Sixers. lol.
I was actually just discussing this with a friend last night. I just don't understand why he doesn't sell the Sixers. The Flyers are his baby anyway.

Old
12-01-2010, 01:13 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
I was actually just discussing this with a friend last night. I just don't understand why he doesn't sell the Sixers. The Flyers are his baby anyway.
Agreed.

When I was at the Center I was looking around, and thought, wow you'd never even know the Sixers play here. The place is just Flyer'd out.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
I'm fairly certain he's tried selling the 76ers multiple times.

Old
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Ri hards

Just got out of the interview. Went Pretty well. We'll see how this goes. There's only one other candidate left so I expect to hear back within the day. If I land this job, ice cream for everyone!

Old
12-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I could have seen the Sixers play against the Wizards for 3 bucks. I decided it likely wasn't worth it.

Old
12-01-2010, 03:55 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
I could have seen the Sixers play against the Wizards for 3 bucks. I decided it likely wasn't worth it.

You know it's bad when the hot dogs and drink coast more than the team you're seeing.

Old
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Good luck! Went on an interview on Monday and it took them all of 2 hours to call me back to tell me I didn't get it. They then went on to tell me how they would still love me to join the company as long as I am willing to relocate, or would like to drive out to West Chester everyday. Riiighhhtttt......
what type of job is it? Maybe I'll steal it from you.

Old
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Sport and Event Supervisor for a 3 pad rink, gym and pool. I'd be responsible for everything out of the water. 2.5 hours to go. Ready to kick ass and take names.
Speaking of sports, I know people keep telling me I should of been a sports broadcaster. I think it's because I'm knowledgable enough and I do have a loud voice .

Old
12-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:

You know it's bad when the hot dogs and drink coast more than the team you're seeing.
Nets tickets were available for 49 cents. To really put that in perspective, a large bag of Reddy Ice costs 79 cents in most locations. That's right; a bag of hardened water is worth more than seeing the Nets play.

Old
12-01-2010, 04:25 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Nets tickets were available for 49 cents. To really put that in perspective, a large bag of Reddy Ice costs 79 cents in most locations. That's right; a bag of hardened water is worth more than seeing the Nets play.
Wow, how is the NBA in business?

Old
12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I dunno, seeing John Wall for $3 is probably a decent deal if you like the sport at all.

Old
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Wow, how is the NBA in business?
Well, someone bought those tickets at face value, and was just trying to get rid of them. Or something. If those were directly available from the arena at that price, then I honestly have no idea. I guess that's why a lockout is coming, and it seems unavoidable. they lost what, 300-400 million dollars last season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I dunno, seeing John Wall for $3 is probably a decent deal if you like the sport at all.
I agree. Still, I think I'll wait to see if prices drop to $1 when his novelty wears off and the Wizards are on their way to another 50 loss season. 66% discounts rule.

Old
12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'm curious, I wonder if anyone has a more boring life than me . Seriously... it sucks usually...

No job (got fired 1.5 weeks ago), any and all friends in the area are either working or at college and where I went to college is 3 hours away. So yeah, boredom central .

Closed Thread