HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Failure

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
I don't understand why people are so mad about the backcheck, the turnover was the reason the goal was score, Cammalleri had no chance to stop that breakaway.

Cammalleri is not a lazy player every Habs fans should know that by now

Old
12-02-2010, 12:39 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Dude was presented with a rolling puck in his skates and he gets lambasted. Anyone here questioning Cammalleri's dedication and desire, clearly doesn't have scintilla of a clue.

Fn children around this place are annoying.
Cammalleri was skating in one direction, Penner skating fast in the opposite, and the BACKCHECK effort was supposed to make a difference? What difference? The difference between 30 feet behind Penner and 28 feet behind him? LOL.

Two good players involved. Slightly imperfect pass, slightly imperfect reception, lucky break for a fresh Penner who then made a slick move. Put it behind us, move on.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:42 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
oh nice! for all I care geoff molson his rich brewing cheap, disgusting beer and his ancestors have fooled quebecers over and over again (if you know your basic history classes ) ... so how about he hangs himself?

before you ask ... here is one out of 9000000000000000 links I can provide

http://www.independance-quebec.com/p...lle_molson.php

scott gomez > geoff molson.
LOL. This might actually be nominated for post of the year

Old
12-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I'm wondering what would happen if they lose tonight aswell.. ouch, I wouldn't even think about it.

Also, who will get the start tonight? Price again?

Old
12-02-2010, 12:47 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I wonder what would happen if they lose tonight aswell.. ouch, I wouldn't even think about it.

Also, who will get the start tonight? Price again?
It's well within the possibilities of our realm. Especially against NJ.

Price has a good past against NJ so I guess he'll be going.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:00 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Cammalleri was skating in one direction, Penner skating fast in the opposite, and the BACKCHECK effort was supposed to make a difference? What difference? The difference between 30 feet behind Penner and 28 feet behind him? LOL.

Two good players involved. Slightly imperfect pass, slightly imperfect reception, lucky break for a fresh Penner who then made a slick move. Put it behind us, move on.
I agree with your analysis 100 % of the play, slight imperfections costing a goal.. move on. (even though, I'll put a bit more guilt on Cammy, but that's prbly my bias as a PK 'fanboy' )

But... to nitpick, the difference of a few feet could mean the difference between getting control of the rebound or having the opponent get a 2nd shot at a rebound (in the event there is a rebound).

Old
12-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Tray4Adams

I don't know why it's taking people so long to realize that Cammalleri just isn't that good.

Watch the guy play. He has a unreal shot, world class. Other than that, he's brutal. Nothing drives me crazy more than when he tries to stickhandle and get handsy, he has no hands and turns the puck over way too often. He doesn't win battles, his hockey IQ is laughable. I've never seen someone so often shoot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

That was all PK's mistake. Bad pass in the skates with Cammy more looking to the side.
PK had his head up, he knew Cammy was cutting in towards the middle, and he should have been able to see Penner rush towards him. He should also have stopped skating as he was the last man back.
Cammy barely had a chance to touch that puck and it was off on a breakaway with Penner.
I did see Cammy give up quite quickly on the back check, but he wasn't going to catch up.

PK also made a completely stupid and unnecessary move when he dove on the PP which lead to a 2-1 that turned into a goal.
Up 3-2, on a PP, Oilers have taken over the momentum since midway 2nd period, you don't freaking dive like that with nobody to cover you.
Kid is great and young, so mistakes will happen, this could have been one of his worst games of the year. No biggy, we at least still managed a point.

Don't get me wrong, Cammy is struggling, but blaming him for that goal isn't quite fair.

What's really funny is how things end up turning. On the same PP Subban made that bonehead play, Cammy got clearly hooked just before but the refs had already punched out. Oilers tie it, and win in OT off a bad play by PK that placed Cammy in a horrible situation.
What if that penalty had been called and we got that 5-3. Say the score remains the same and we win. Maybe, instead of Wilde writing that article, we'd be applauding Cammy for being one of the three stars.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:30 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That was all PK's mistake. Bad pass in the skates with Cammy more looking to the side.
PK had his head up, he knew Cammy was cutting in towards the middle, and he should have been able to see Penner rush towards him. He should also have stopped skating as he was the last man back.
Cammy barely had a chance to touch that puck and it was off on a breakaway with Penner.
I did see Cammy give up quite quickly on the back check, but he wasn't going to catch up.

PK also made a completely stupid and unnecessary move when he dove on the PP which lead to a 2-1 that turned into a goal.
Up 3-2, on a PP, Oilers have taken over the momentum since midway 2nd period, you don't freaking dive like that with nobody to cover you.
Kid is great and young, so mistakes will happen, this could have been one of his worst games of the year. No biggy, we at least still managed a point.

Don't get me wrong, Cammy is struggling, but blaming him for that goal isn't quite fair.

What's really funny is how things end up turning. On the same PP Subban made that bonehead play, Cammy got clearly hooked just before but the refs had already punched out. Oilers tie it, and win in OT off a bad play by PK that placed Cammy in a horrible situation.
What if that penalty had been called and we got that 5-3. Say the score remains the same and we win. Maybe, instead of Wilde writing that article, we'd be applauding Cammy for being one of the three stars.
the puck was on his stick, its just that the puck rolled on him, then kicked it out with his skates. some bad luck there.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:32 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Eh, wasn't really in the skates... Cammy looked a bit soft imo.

PK's mistake is not the pass, but taking off on that play instead of staying back.

Old
12-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
after re-watching the OT goal, I have to say I wasn't very satisfied to what Cammalleri did there.

Terrible game for Subban but it does happen sometimes.
Definately Price's fault...should've froze the puck

Old
12-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

hockey is all about inches and luck.

like just before PK made his mistake he hit the puck mid air to keep the puck in the zone, if he miss the puck, the puck go out of the zone ,line change and no 2 on 1

Old
12-02-2010, 01:51 AM
m00ks

PK's bad. Even if Cammy mishandles, that doesn't explain the lack of defender.

Old
12-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Mr. Hab

Effort: for me it was about effort. It's as if he was saying...''I'm Cammalleri, I don't always have to show effort...I'm a star goal scorer, you have to make a perfect pass to me or else I'm not responsible for anything else that happens after an ok pass.''

Casual: it was also about how casual he looked on the play (casually missing the pass/no effort...and then not even trying to get the puck back, and finally...not even trying to chase Penner). Wilde was right to fuss about it, and to make things worse...Cammalleri's post-game attitude was a stinker (he had such an ***-**** look on his face...huge ego smirk).

Ego: the way Cammalleri responds to questions after...he was pretty much saying ''I can't do no wrong...I was a playoff hero and I make loads of $$$, so kiss my ***''.

Playoffs: I loved Cammalleri in playoffs, who didn't? with all those superb clutch playoff goals... but let's FORGET about his GOOD or BAD HOCKEY PERFORMANCE(S) for a second, I'm just saying that he seems to be way too full of himself (''me, myself and I'' type)...it would be great if he put the team before himself, and I don't care about struggles...I'm loyal to players (every player struggles), I'm just talking about his stinking attitude (post game comments/attitude). It would be great if he realized how lucky he is to be making millions$ for playing a game (thanks to fans who pay $100 or $200/game or more).

This is ALSO about Cammalleri's OFF ICE crappy arrogant attitude (he had an obvious ''**** YOU'' look on his face 'cause he knew reporters wanted him to state the obvious and instead the reporters got a big ''**** YOU'' from Cammalleri with that big ego smirk of his...this just tells me that he thinks he's above everyone and that's all I'm pointing out.

Subban: I've seen Subban lose the puck (sometimes) but quickly retrieve it 'cause of his speedy/great skating, anticipation of his mistake, and...EFFORT. I like his attitude during the post game comments...he didn't deny that he wasn't an A+ during the Oilers game...just saying that I like that in a player.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-02-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old
12-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
You guys make me sick.
You just deserve a team filled with flour-nosed, no-ego, no-character losers like we had back when Higgins Komisarek Murray and Mike Johnson were with us.
It's absolutely outraging how after one bad play, or one bad streak, the guy can go from a very hard-working player to a slacker.
Those who call Cammalleri the latter don't know anything about hockey.
I'm a fan of Cammalleri, but I was not a fan of his post game attitude.
I was surprised with the casualness (and his body language) during that slacker's play. From what I've seen Cammalleri is no slacker but that play was just awful and his attitude after the game was even worse.

I wouldn't even care too much IF CAmmalleri said something similar to what Subban said (''I wasn't concentrating like I should...I wasn't all there for the ENTIRE game...gotta improve on that, gotta be focused for the entire game,'' etc,etc).
But, instead...Cammalleri pretty much said ****-YOU to the reporters. That's what I'm fussing about!! (same thing as with Brian Wilde and totally agree with Brian Wilde for making the fuss).

Old
12-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
I don't know why it's taking people so long to realize that Cammalleri just isn't that good.

Watch the guy play. He has a unreal shot, world class. Other than that, he's brutal. Nothing drives me crazy more than when he tries to stickhandle and get handsy, he has no hands and turns the puck over way too often. He doesn't win battles, his hockey IQ is laughable. I've never seen someone so often shoot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot.
I think you should choose another sport to support

Cammalleri is such a clutch player that your post is laughable. I'll take a slightly lazy play that loses a game in the regular season when he single handedly carried the offense of our team last spring.

Old
12-02-2010, 04:09 AM
habfaninvictoria

Holy overreaction. Cam's not a problem. He's a streaky player, the same people that flame him tonight will want him to be captain tomorrow if he scores a hat-trick.

I didn't see the whole game only bits and pieces. I doubt we see Subban every make a pinch move in a situation where we're up 3-2 on the PP again. He also has a better view of the ice than Cam and shouldn't make that type of pass when he's the lone defender. Rookie mistakes by a rookie cost us a point.... oh well.

Price was pissed at the end, look for a shutout next time out.

Old
12-02-2010, 04:37 AM
Zam Boni

Chillax dudes!
Cammalleri wasn't backchecking harder cuz he was dead sure Price would stop Penner. He was simply showing confidence in his goalie, too bad it back-fired though...

Old
12-02-2010, 05:23 AM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
WOW where the hell was Subban on BOTH those last goals? or for that matter where was anyone on that last one just brrrrutal
Well....for the last one he was laying on the ice at the other end where he had been tripped so they could get the puck. No call on that....just like there was no call on the hit from behind on Darche(I think) and the knee on knee on Gionta....and the trip just before PK was tripped.
I've gotta agree with the guy who said it was terrible reffing last night. Brutal....just Brutal.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:28 AM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
You guys make me sick.

You just deserve a team filled with flour-nosed, no-ego, no-character losers like we had back when Higgins Komisarek Murray and Mike Johnson were with us.

It's absolutely outraging how after one bad play, or one bad streak, the guy can go from a very hard-working player to a slacker.

One play? He's been doing it all year. Luckily for him, not all his end up in the back of the net. This one did, so he's finally getting called on his poor play.

He needs to smarten up and start playing like we know he can. A good start would be JM putting him back on a line with Plekanec

Old
12-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Trade PK ?

Old
12-02-2010, 05:50 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
This game illustrate perfectly why PK Subban should not be playing in the NHL right now. He needs more seasoning in the farm club if we don't want him to bust, or worse, become like Mike Green.
He only played more NHL minutes that game than any other NHLer...clearly a bust.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

was a brutal 2nd half of the game.
No one showed up. I thought everyone kinda sleep walked, but also Dubnyk was pretty solid after the 3rd goal.

Move on, cant win em all. As good as they have played, they are gonna have stinkers. Team is still leaps and bounds better than last year at this point.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Andy

Quote:
You guys make me sick.

Says the guy who jumped all over Gorges everytime he makes a mistake which is rarer than Cammalleri.

Face it you have a bias towards certain players and against others that makes you see things differently(i.e your love for Eller and Cammalleri and your hate for Gorges and kostitsyn). Cammalleri hasn't been playing very good...I don't see how anyone can argue against that. His effort level has been quite low. Maybe our expectations are high because of the way he performed last year? I don't know, Cammalleri is playing pretty blaahhh. He isn't slacking, but he isn't work as hard as he should or as hard as he has in the past. But, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before I jump on any I hate Cammalleri bandwagons(which I won't do even if he plays absolutley brutal because it could just be an off year).

Last edited by Andy: 12-02-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old
12-02-2010, 06:04 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Some thoughts on the game, I constantly found myself screaming at the screen last night for Martin to put Eller on more, Eller was generating chances consistently and still he gets 12 minutes of Ice time. This was really frustrating for me becaues I've been of the "let him prove himself on the 3rd and 4th lines before we give him more responsibility" group. Right now however He is the only center man, and indeed the line is the only one that can put consistent pressure onto the other team. As well he is playing reasonable defensively. On top of that Gomez frustrated the **** out of me and how he has absolutely nothing productive. I say switch the two up and make gomez a 7.3mil 3rd line center, and Eller the 2nd line center and see if it either gets Gomez's ass in gear, or if Eller can produce at a decent pace.

Cammy wasn't playing up to his own standard, Subban had a bad game, which we should all expect and be prepared to live with he has far more good games then bad ones.

Complete lack of a team effort in the third, and gorges wasn't playing up to his usual intensity as well, he was getting separated from the puck far too easily.

Finally Price 2 great periods and then one bad goal i'd say alright I'll let it slide he's been phenomenal and the only reason we've been in these games.

I'm honestly expecting a win tonight in NJ though

Closed Thread