HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

38th Obsequious Banter Thread: The unnamed one

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'm curious, I wonder if anyone has a more boring life than me . Seriously... it sucks usually...

No job (got fired 1.5 weeks ago), any and all friends in the area are either working or at college and where I went to college is 3 hours away. So yeah, boredom central .
invest in fireworks. boredom cured!

Old
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Anyone here ever go dog sledding? I would love to try it.

Old
12-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Start Leighton*

A friend called me yesterday telling me he had Sixers tickets he got for free asked me if I wanted to go I did the smart thing and said no.

Old
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
I'm curious, I wonder if anyone has a more boring life than me . Seriously... it sucks usually...

No job (got fired 1.5 weeks ago), any and all friends in the area are either working or at college and where I went to college is 3 hours away. So yeah, boredom central .
Thought you just got hired a couple weeks back? Didn't work out?

Old
12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

You've been unemployed for 1.5 weeks. I've been unemployed since mid-August. Still wanna play this game?

Old
12-01-2010, 07:29 PM
flyersguy33*

so my plan was to head to the grocery store around 5 go to the gym then come back and watch the Flyers game. Got in my car and started to head to the grocery store. Got a quarter mile from my house and BOOM. Broadsided by some woman. I was going down the main road around 25 mph and she was pulling out from a stop sign. Collided with the left side of my car and for going pretty slow, she ****ed it up pretty good. Passenger side door is just smashed and she got my driver door some too. My car is a 2001 with like 156,000 miles on it that I got from my aunt last summer for 2 grand. Not sure how much its worth or how much the damage is gona cost. Might have to total the car.

Old
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
so my plan was to head to the grocery store around 5 go to the gym then come back and watch the Flyers game. Got in my car and started to head to the grocery store. Got a quarter mile from my house and BOOM. Broadsided by some woman. I was going down the main road around 25 mph and she was pulling out from a stop sign. Collided with the left side of my car and for going pretty slow, she ****ed it up pretty good. Passenger side door is just smashed and she got my driver door some too. My car is a 2001 with like 156,000 miles on it that I got from my aunt last summer for 2 grand. Not sure how much its worth or how much the damage is gona cost. Might have to total the car.
Oh wow, that sucks. But the important thing is that no one was hurt. As much of a pain in the arse it is, cars can be replaced.

Old
12-01-2010, 09:04 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Oh wow, that sucks. But the important thing is that no one was hurt. As much of a pain in the arse it is, cars can be replaced.
yea, definitely sucks, but you are right. Car can be replaced people cant

Old
12-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach J View Post
Just got out of the interview. Went Pretty well. We'll see how this goes. There's only one other candidate left so I expect to hear back within the day. If I land this job, ice cream for everyone!
****ing *****es need to call me damnnit. Sigh...I know I won't hear until tomorrow.

Old
12-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Tomorrow's the big day. FIFA announces who will hold the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Which the US is bidding for the 2022 one. Should be interesting.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Tomorrow's the big day. FIFA announces who will hold the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Which the US is bidding for the 2022 one. Should be interesting.
I always laughed a little every time I saw that commercial with Akers saying "But I get a kick out of soccer, too!"

Old
12-01-2010, 10:03 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Hey guy,

Merry Christmas

****ers.

Old
12-01-2010, 10:17 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
My buddy saw a list of worst and best owners in sports. Well, Snider was on there once for the Flyers, saying he's great. Then he's on the list for being the worst with the Sixers. lol.
I recently became acquainted with someone who is good friends with both Snyder and Clarke and has known them both for years. He said Snyder hates to lose at anything and goes berserk when the Flyers lose or when he loses at any sport he plays, which probably isn't many considering his age. So I do find it funny that he can handle watching the Sixers suck but he flips when the Flyers lose.

Old
12-01-2010, 11:05 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Old
12-01-2010, 11:43 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
You've been unemployed for 1.5 weeks. I've been unemployed since mid-August. Still wanna play this game?
I was employed for 2 weeks, so it sucks pretty much when you're not even given enough of a chance to show what I can do and also even given time to full know everything. So yeah, it sucks.

Old
12-02-2010, 02:42 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Beef is now a mod? WTH!?

Old
12-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Don Nachbaur 26

All of my hockey equipment was stolen out of my storage unit. Is there a place around Philly to go get new stuff? I tried google but the only place was Schere's Hockey Equipment on 12th street.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:53 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 View Post
All of my hockey equipment was stolen out of my storage unit. Is there a place around Philly to go get new stuff? I tried google but the only place was Schere's Hockey Equipment on 12th street.
Oh wow, that sucks. That's not inexpensive to replace either.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:09 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 View Post
Hockey Shed in Havertown is pretty good.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
It won't be.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
what type of job is it? Maybe I'll steal it from you.
It's for an events planning manager position with Aramark. I believe it would be based out on Neumann University. Just ****ing sucks cause it's more money then I currently make, but there's no way it would ever be worth driving the Schuylkill everyday.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
It's for an events planning manager position with Aramark. I believe it would be based out on Neumann University. Just ****ing sucks cause it's more money then I currently make, but there's no way it would ever be worth driving the Schuylkill everyday.
See, this is what I don't understand...how do you get into something like that with an English degree? I know an English degree can open a lot of doors, I just don't know how.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Yikes dude. My last car was a 2002 Ford Focus (5yrs at the time) with 70,000 miles on it and it got totalled. Good luck with everything. I hate accidents. Such a ****ing headache.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
See, this is what I don't understand...how do you get into something like that with an English degree? I know an English degree can open a lot of doors, I just don't know how.
My dads friend got me a job out of college hahaha. Right now my title is administrative assistant, but I deal very little with actual administrative duties. I mostly work with facilities, and coordinating meeting and conference rooms and ****. I also work with autocad to help the engineering department out, and I just got sent for training a couple weeks back for digital media signage to help update the notifications around the campus. I literally just got stuck in a position where I do a little of everything. Bad thing about it is, a little of everything doesn't really help when you need a lot of one thing in particular. At this point, there's no way I will ever have a job with anything dealing with the english degree. If I could do it all over again, I would've either just got my teacher cert or majored in something like engineering, or anything that'll land you a job right away haha.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
It's all about networking.

The best advice to give anyone in college is that they need to network and make contacts. An internship is lightyears more valuable than taking that ******** 2 credit art class in Rome or even a legitimate Summer class.

In DC, for example, most of the good jobs are already spoken for. Businesses just go through the hiring process so they don't get sued. But they already know who they want or, at worst, have it narrowed down to 2 or 3.

I majored in Philosophy. It's the highest paying liberal arts degree since A) it's one of a small handful of degrees that teaches and hones critical thinking skills while perfecting both prose and technical writing and B) you meet a ****ton of interesting, ambitious people who are out to change the world.

Closed Thread