HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobrovsky baptism of fire, give it to him Now!

Old
10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Didnt see anyone post this yet:

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
I am 100% positive. He even referred to Boucher and Leighton as "the two other guys."
Great, thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
It was before he ranted on Pittsburgh/Washington/Chicago being bottom dwellers for 4-5-6 years.
It wouldn't be Clarke if he didn't say something about that though.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Flyerfan808

Cool story: I bumped into a Pens fan in Waikiki the other night. Got talking about the new Energy Center (he attended a preseason game there). I told him that it is good for him and the penguins, joked about how terrible the Mellon was, and reminded him how they were "this close" to being the Kansas City Scouts. He looks at me dead serious and says: "What are you talking about?" ... Classic!

Lets not forget about Chicago Blackhawks being called the "Worst Franchise in all of Professional sports in 2004." It perplexes me how this team could be sitting on the second largest market in the NHL and be so bad for so long. Pre salary cap even? Ownership and management seriously ****ed that franchise for a long, long time.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Cool story: I bumped into a Pens fan in Waikiki the other night. Got talking about the new Energy Center (he attended a preseason game there). I told him that it is good for him and the penguins, joked about how terrible the Mellon was, and reminded him how they were "this close" to being the Kansas City Scouts. He looks at me dead serious and says: "What are you talking about?" ... Classic!

Lets not forget about Chicago Blackhawks being called the "Worst Franchise in all of Professional sports in 2004." It perplexes me how this team could be sitting on the second largest market in the NHL and be so bad for so long. Pre salary cap even? Ownership and management seriously ****ed that franchise for a long, long time.
Forbes evaluated NFL franchises, and in terms of money earned vs. potential, the Bears were the worst. They are ranked something like 19th (i forget) when they could be 2nd.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:31 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
If anyone is expecting him to be the second coming of your namesake, they need to get real.

Kid's good, but I don't know if he's that good...we all need to pump the brakes htere.

Even if Boosh or Leighton go down with an injury, as long as whoever's left is playing well then I'd advocate calling Backlund up to be the backup. If something happens from there, then maybe you call up BoboCop....but the only way this kid should be called up is if something terrible happens that warrants him starting. I still maintain that having him as a backup is a complete waste.

hmmm i would say Bobs play so far this year is makin you guys all eat your words..LMFAO.....i think there is a total of about 3 or 4 of you guys that want his ass in the minors but now he is proving all u guys wrong...i said it b4 and ill say it again...ARMCHAIR gm's make me laugh sooooo damn hard......bet all of them dont even play the game they just look for stat after stat........lol way to go boys if we listened to you guys the Flyers wouldnt be where they are NOW

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:44 AM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
hmmm i would say Bobs play so far this year is makin you guys all eat your words..LMFAO.....i think there is a total of about 3 or 4 of you guys that want his ass in the minors but now he is proving all u guys wrong...i said it b4 and ill say it again...ARMCHAIR gm's make me laugh sooooo damn hard......bet all of them dont even play the game they just look for stat after stat........lol way to go boys if we listened to you guys the Flyers wouldnt be where they are NOW
You are aware that that post is 2 months old, right?

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Mr. 2fast4u2, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Mr. 2fast4u2, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:10 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
What they said.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
2fast4u2*

Hey i am just showing how smart some of these armchair Gm's were at the begining of the season.....looks good on them now......

Old
12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Hey i am just showing how smart some of these armchair Gm's were at the begining of the season.....looks good on them now......
You were just 2fast4them2. It's hard to deal with a blazingly fast intellect.......................................

..................ya know?

Several periods in a row.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
All you're showing is how smart (or not smart) you are with posts like these.

Unless you're intentionally trolling.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
2fast4u2*

hmm Trolling??no......showing how many ppl would just give up on a player? YES

especially a goalie a position that the Flyers as in dire need to fill.....

Old
12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:

Give up? I think that the only thing that people were debating was whether or not a year in the AHL would benefit him as he's never played in NA, doesn't speak English (you may have that in common), and has never played more than 35 games in a season.

Several unnecessary periods.

And now, for what I actually came here to post:

Old
12-02-2010, 10:33 AM
2fast4u2*

hmm by the number of posts you have i would take it that YOU are the troller........or just have nothin better to do.......hmmm armchair gm perhaps?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Jester

Quote:
I bet you think Thomas and Garon will end the year with a .950+ SVPCT.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Let's keep it on topic, and not have a discussion about who's trolling who, yes?

Old
2fast4u2*

LOL not a chance....Thomas will choke and Rask will take over the reigns AGAIN......Garon??? hmmmmm just a lucky streak so far.....

Old
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I bet you think Thomas and Garon will end the year with a .950+ SVPCT.
Well, Garon might.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 12-02-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Beef Edit: Removing troll debate
Old
12-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Let's keep it on topic, and not have a discussion about who's trolling who, yes?

/not obscure

Old
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Holy crap. When'd your name go blue? Congrats.

At least this was a more constructive comment than whatever conversation is going on right now.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

Well, thanks for making it positively clear that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Your sentence structure and excessive use of question marks and periods is like salt in my eyes by the way.

Quote:
Seeing your name in blue is weird.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Right. That looks better now. Keep it on topic.

The hot 'n sexy topic: Bob

Old
12-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
...?????.....................?.?.....?............ ................?que?........armchairgm?.......??

I like this conversation.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
...?????.....................?.?.....?............ ................?que?........armchairgm?.......??

I like this conversation.
drinking early again Kambo?

EDIT: NHLlive is saying Bobrovsky has been named NHL rookie of the month.

also:

NHLFlyers NHL to report soon that Sergei Bobrovsky has been named the NHL's rookie of the month for November... More details to come!
18 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Retweeted by 15 people
Reply Retweet

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 12-02-2010 at 11:41 AM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote