HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Islanders Rivalry - The Home an Home Pre Game

Old
12-02-2010, 08:04 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
This is why I root for the Islanders to regain a level of respectability, and shake my head when my fellow Rangers fans say, "I hope they move to Kansas City." If you've been around for the glory days of this rivalry, you'll know how awesome it can be.
Agreed.

This is one of the NHL's most well known and respected rivalries

Rangers - Islanders
Edmonton - Calgary
Montreal - Boston
Detroit - Chicago

When these teams are all playing well, there's nothing better to watch.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 08:05 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Thought we the rivalry was looking good with DP too. He was a beast vs Henke a few years ago.
Never gonna forget that 56 save game

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
edit:

Beat Big Bad Russia - Win Olympic Gold - Stanley Cup - Stanley Cup - Stanley Cup - Stanley Cup

A lot of people forget the game vs USSR wasnt for the Gold.

Anyway yeah, Ken Morrow pretty much has a storybook run... its like the stuff we pretended to do as kids in the backyard, but he lived it.
Yea it was USSR in the semi's then Finland for the gold. So in a span of 4 years he had 6 hockey/life defining moments. I would kill for just one of those moments but that like you said that really is the ultimate hockey storybook run right there.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Thought we the rivalry was looking good with DP too. He was a beast vs Henke a few years ago.
It's just horrible what happened to Dp since then, but seeing him come back and show how much heart he really has in trying to overcome those injuries is really impressive.

I can't stand him but I'll admit that Hank really is otherworldly when he is on his game. I haven't seen someone that looks so unbeatable as he does in a long long time.

Used to be a big Richter fan(just loved the way he played goal) and really liked Blackburn as well, thought he had some serious skill when he was up with you guys. Shame what happened to his career.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Being at the mausoleum for the Simon-Hollweg incident was pretty nuts. That dump felt like it was going to explode for a few minutes there.
Can't believe that slipped my mind. With Nolan calling Hollweg a diver after the incident too, holy crap that was an insane week. I heard every excuse in the book for that being Hollweg's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Yea it was USSR in the semi's then Finland for the gold. So in a span of 4 years he had 6 hockey/life defining moments. I would kill for just one of those moments but that like you said that really is the ultimate hockey storybook run right there.
Actually, it was a round robin format. Each team played each other and the team with the most points won. You didn't play the team from your first round robin matchup but the points carried over, so the US Sweden result was applied to that round, a tie. The US had to play USSR and Finland. Based on the way the tournament unfolded, we had to beat Finland to out point USSR. A tie would have given us 5 pts to USSR's 6 (for beating Fin/Swe w/loss to US). Beating the Fins gave us 7pts and the gold.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote