HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#23 | New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders | Dec 2 | L 5-6

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
  #26
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Wow, Law, I have to say, you make the best GDTs on the boards. Only bit I have to pick is that the Rangers lineup per Andrew Gross as of yesterday looks to be:

Sean Avery - Erik Christensen - Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Ruslan Fedotenko - Brian Boyle - Brandon Prust
Alex Frolov - Artem Anisimov - Derek Boogaard

Marc Staal - Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto - Michal Rozsival
Steve Eminger - Mike Sauer

Martin Biron
Henrik Lundqvist

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:29 PM
  #27
Islanders1932
Registered User
 
Islanders1932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Botta used to get me pumped up for these games.....give the man his credentials back.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
  #28
Law
Registered User
 
Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Wow, Law, I have to say, you make the best GDTs on the boards. Only bit I have to pick is that the Rangers lineup per Andrew Gross as of yesterday looks to be:

Sean Avery - Erik Christensen - Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Ruslan Fedotenko - Brian Boyle - Brandon Prust
Alex Frolov - Artem Anisimov - Derek Boogaard

Marc Staal - Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto - Michal Rozsival
Steve Eminger - Mike Sauer

Martin Biron
Henrik Lundqvist
Damn, picky, picky!

Haha, thanks for the update and here's to a good tilt tonight.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:51 PM
  #29
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
That is the saddest lineup in NYI history. I won't even bring myself to watch the game on TV.

Isles are going to get killed on and off the ice. I'm going to say this is a Ranger home game in the stands and by a large margin.

Congrats Chuckie boy, you get to witness TWO Ranger home games, and it's all your doing. Choke on it you ****ing twit.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
  #30
NYI Win
 
NYI Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Go Isles!

NYI Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:54 PM
  #31
Islanders1932
Registered User
 
Islanders1932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
That is the saddest lineup in NYI history. I won't even bring myself to watch the game on TV.

Isles are going to get killed on and off the ice. I'm going to say this is a Ranger home game in the stands and by a large margin.

Congrats Chuckie boy, you get to witness TWO Ranger home games, and it's all your doing. Choke on it you ****ing twit.
Its an Islanders Rangers game...no matter how bad we are these are games you should never want to miss.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
  #32
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
If you say it's a "Rangers home game", Islanders get the win.


Last edited by Florida Ranger: 12-02-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:59 PM
  #33
Law
Registered User
 
Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law
Updated the lineups...

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 01:05 PM
  #34
No Need To Vanek
Registered User
 
No Need To Vanek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 481
vCash: 500
I refused to give Charles my money. So I gave it to Dolan for tomorrow. **** the Rags, win these both.

No Need To Vanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
  #35
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,236
vCash: 500
Can't see the Isles winning these unless Dipietro downright outduals Lundqvist/Biron to the tune of like 1-0 or 2-1.

But seriously, we are sporting one heck of a pathetic line-up, especially up front.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:02 PM
  #36
NYI94wasaFLUKE9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty O
Country: United States
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Wow, that's a pretty damn good GDT. I like how you insert your history in the background with the banners. Impressed!
Law is the best in the biz. This isnt just because its an Islander Ranger game, Were spoiled everygame with his beautiful GDT.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!! One request is to score a goal.

NYI94wasaFLUKE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:26 PM
  #37
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
If you it's a "Rangers home game", Islanders get the win.
This is a true story. We suck at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Damn, picky, picky!

Haha, thanks for the update and here's to a good tilt tonight.
No problem. Cheers to that.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:31 PM
  #38
Sammy2010*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Who cares if we win? The Rangers will make the playoffs, and we wouldn't.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:37 PM
  #39
CaptDenisPotvin
Registered User
 
CaptDenisPotvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
I see it going this way tonight...Avery being on the first line takes a shot at Tavares and or DP and then one of two thngs will happen:

1) Everyone steps up and fights for eachother, win or lose it brings the team together and they become somewhat competitive.

OR

2) Nobody does anything, this team sets a record for most losses ever.


I'm voting for the first one but we'll see what happens, I do know Avery will do something Avery-esk tonight....thats not news though, doesn't he always...dirty little ******

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:38 PM
  #40
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Pathetically (and unfortunately, all too common in recent years), winning games against the Rangers tend to be the only highlights of the season for us Isles fans. Can this team at least give us THIS for the remaining 5 games against the Rangers?

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:39 PM
  #41
okie21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Coram, NY
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Since it's going to be like 75% Rangers fans there tonight and basically a home game, do they get chili if the rangers score 3 goals?

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:43 PM
  #42
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie21 View Post
Since it's going to be like 75% Rangers fans there tonight and basically a home game, do they get chili if the rangers score 3 goals?
im sorry but i cant see us rangers fans chanting "we want chili" during the game....


btw law's gdt is awesome

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
  #43
okie21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Coram, NY
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Dude, every one wants chili, come on now. But on serious note, it really is going to be a sad sight tonight, this may wind up being one of the biggest Ranger take overs of the coliseum ever. That being said, 4-2 Isles, Comeau 2 goals, Wiz and Moulson with the others.

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 03:00 PM
  #44
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
I see it going this way tonight...Avery being on the first line takes a shot at Tavares and or DP and then one of two thngs will happen:

1) Everyone steps up and fights for eachother, win or lose it brings the team together and they become somewhat competitive.

OR

2) Nobody does anything, this team sets a record for most losses ever.


I'm voting for the first one but we'll see what happens, I do know Avery will do something Avery-esk tonight....thats not news though, doesn't he always...dirty little ******
You forgot to add Avery turtling and/or jumping on top of someone punching them while they are down or a sucka punch

The only player that I wish bodily harm to in the NHL.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 03:04 PM
  #45
twisting and turning
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
i really cant believe it myself, but i am kind of excited to watch this game tonight.

twisting and turning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:43 PM
  #46
hockeygoon15
Registered User
 
hockeygoon15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick666 View Post
i really cant believe it myself, but i am kind of excited to watch this game tonight.
A while ago I said that the best part of my day was from 6:45 (home, changed, ready to watch the game) and 7:05 (when the Isles blow it). So, fear not, your excitement will pass.

Has it been pointed out that from a distance our coach could pass for Ted Nolan's fat, slightly retarded brother?

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
  #47
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
BOOOOOOOOOOOO MSG PLUS 2 AGAIN

I'm watching this on the Rags broadcast. I can't stand sports in SD anymore.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
  #48
Sammy2010*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Is there a stream available?

Thanks.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
  #49
hockeygoon15
Registered User
 
hockeygoon15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOO MSG PLUS 2 AGAIN

I'm watching this on the Rags broadcast. I can't stand sports in SD anymore.
I thought they fixed that? Isn't 2 in HD now?

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
  #50
Doug Height
Okposwag
 
Doug Height's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOO MSG PLUS 2 AGAIN

I'm watching this on the Rags broadcast. I can't stand sports in SD anymore.
MSG+ 2 is in HD now.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.