HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov Injury talk (Speculation/Rumour: Maybe out up to 3 months)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
so when will word finally come out
something was supposed to be said last week for crying out loud
It's just best to forget about Andrei for this year...the silence speaks volumes...very reminiscent of the injury last year in the playoffs.

I would be very pleasantly surprised if we see him in 2011.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
It's just best to forget about Andrei for this year...the silence speaks volumes...very reminiscent of the injury last year in the playoffs.

I would be very pleasantly surprised if we see him in 2011.
yep. best to write him off now, and not have any expectations. If something miraculous occurs, then we can rejoice. Much better than the alternative of expecting things to work out, in this case.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

we can rebuild him
LOL!! I was thinking the same thing!! Or Robocop.. In both cases, he will not have to worry about his knee again..

Last edited by Belso: 11-29-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old
12-02-2010, 02:25 AM
JackZap

Per Marinaro

Andrei Markov Breaking News Again: Next week, Andrei Markov will undergo surgery to his right knee. The surgery will be performed in Birmingham, Alabama by Dr James Andrews, arguably the most renowned orthopedic surgeon in the world. Dr James Andrews, has treated thousands of athletes. Andrei Markov, could be out as long as 1 year but is expected to make a full recovery.

Old
12-02-2010, 02:30 AM
m00ks

Expected. On the bright side we now have 7-8 million to do as we please.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:56 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Per Marinaro

Andrei Markov Breaking News Again: Next week, Andrei Markov will undergo surgery to his right knee. The surgery will be performed in Birmingham, Alabama by Dr James Andrews, arguably the most renowned orthopedic surgeon in the world. Dr James Andrews, has treated thousands of athletes. Andrei Markov, could be out as long as 1 year but is expected to make a full recovery.
Sounds more like a confirmation of the inevitable as opposed to breaking news.

Just curious.......who has the final say on a doctor? The athlete or the organization or a combination thereof?

Whatever the case it seems time to move on and get at least one very solid top 4 d-man to help with the workload.

Old
12-02-2010, 07:03 AM
SteveBonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Per Marinaro

If Markov is out for a full year, will he be forced to go to UFA status? I'm not sure how it works in cases like this, but doesn't a player have to be physically fit to play in order to sign a contract & have it approved by the league? Would love if someone could clarify this, because if so then we face the possibility of Markov having to wait, say, until next October before he can play & sign a new deal, but with UFA status who is to say if he'd be back with us.

Old
12-02-2010, 07:40 AM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

great points guys

what are your solutions? i haven't followed the league close enough this year to say (is souray healthy )

i'd still like markov back but after seeing what happened with shelly i don't know if the organization would take the risk

plus subby is coming up but obviously not ready yet to take on that much responsibility

Old
12-02-2010, 08:12 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

If out for the season, we'll definitely need some kind of replacement.

our old guys, Spacek and Hamrlik, are doing more than enough as it is... dont want any of them to fill for Markov whole season.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:29 PM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBonus View Post
If Markov is out for a full year, will he be forced to go to UFA status? I'm not sure how it works in cases like this, but doesn't a player have to be physically fit to play in order to sign a contract & have it approved by the league? Would love if someone could clarify this, because if so then we face the possibility of Markov having to wait, say, until next October before he can play & sign a new deal, but with UFA status who is to say if he'd be back with us.
Hossa signed his deal with Chicago with a bum shoulder so I don't think its a problem.

Old
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Habs83

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/310881.html

Quote:
On devrait être branché bientôt sur l'état de santé d'Andrei Markov.

Vendredi, le défenseur russe - en compagnie de son agent Don Meehan - rencontrera le docteur David Mulder et le directeur général du Canadien, Pierre Gauthier, afin de discuter des différentes options qui s'offrent au numéro 79.

Les personnes concernées vont étudier les rapports médicaux des médecins Anthony Miniaci, James Andrews et David Mulder afin de déterminer quelle est la meilleure option pour Markov afin qu'il puisse revenir au jeu sans craindre une autre blessure au genou droit.
So after they meet im sure we'll all know what is REALLY going on with his knee.

Old
12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Habs

Gomez for Regehr, Sign Doughty , fixed it all for ya.

Old
12-02-2010, 04:56 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/310881.html

So after they meet im sure we'll all know what is REALLY going on with his knee.
atleast it sounds like they have options, which is better than many of us assumed.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:02 PM
InglewoodJack

Sign Chara.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Sign Chara.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=540081

welcome to a few months ago

Old
12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
InglewoodJack

Balls.

I haven't really been into hockey for the last 6 months

Old
12-02-2010, 05:27 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Expected. On the bright side we now have 7-8 million to do as we please.
That's not how LTIR works. The Habs (according to CapGeek) can go over the cap by about 4.75 million.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I guess Renaud Lavoie's twit was pretty spot on then....

It's really frustrating that we're 1st in the Division, but we won't get Markov back that would surely give us that extra notoriety.

I guess Gauthier will wait until after the New Year in order to bring another Dman in, unless someone interesting is already available (no, that doesn't include Bieksa).

Old
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I guess Renaud Lavoie's twit was pretty spot on then....

It's really frustrating that we're 1st in the Division, but we won't get Markov back that would surely give us that extra notoriety.

I guess Gauthier will wait until after the New Year in order to bring another Dman in, unless someone interesting is already available (no, that doesn't include Bieksa).
Agreed. I've had it with the Bieksa to Mtl rumors. The guy is not that much better than MAB.

At this point, re-signing Markov will be tricky. How do you know if he's ever going to be the same? He's damaged goods as far as I'm concerned. Discount or gone. Too bad though, I love the guy.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Turboflex*

Lotta good D men pending UFA, on crappy teams. Will be a buyers market for a rental.

Wizzer, McCabe, white, pitkanen, phillips, kaberle

Last edited by Turboflex*: 12-02-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Lotta good D men pending UFA, on crappy teams. Will be a buyers market for a rental.

Wizzer, McCabe, white, pitkanen, phillips, kaberle
Pitkanen and subban would look mighty fine.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:01 PM
LastRide

We need a Dman that can put the puck in the net after losing Markov. That's a lot of points left off the sheet with him missing. I thought Subban was that player, but at this stage he's not the guy. Maybe down the road.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Sad for Markov but I saw this coming as soon as he fell. Sign Kaberle please.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Let's keep going with Weber and see exactly what we have... We don't need to add another 4-5M in salary if we have another defenseman who is on the brink of making the NHL.

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Kaberle right now, but let's not jump the gun... Give him 10 games and see where we stand.

Old
12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Mr. Hab

I don't want a rental... but if the price is right, then a top 4 dman would be great to relieve the workload + for more playoffs depth (for after January or in February...).

One Example of what I don't want (hypothetical):
Kaberle (for a couple of months only) + __?__ FOR Pacioretty and __?__ .
(I really want to see Pacioretty do well in a...Habs jersey).
If Kaberle really wants to play for our CH, then he can sign July 1st (this way we get to keep ALL of our star rookies/star prospects...).

The way Price is playing...I feel safe if some of the d-men workload will be shared with Weber, Carle.

We need a healthy/well-rested Gorges, Hamrlik, PK Subban, Spacek, Gill,etc...for March/April. Heck...Price, too, has to get some rest here and there to be well-rested for March/April. And, increase Picard's ice-time to give more rest to Gorges, Hamrlik,etc... play Weber and Carle (here and there, whenever you can fit 'em in!?)...I feel safe with those two rookies since Price is playing super well. A lot of dmen can look good with Price back there...good time to try Carle and Weber,imo.

Gill - Gorges
Spacek - Hamrlik -
Picard -PK Subban
Carle - Weber

I'm hoping that GM Gauthier can avoid renting a dman, unless the price is not too steep at the trade deadline (I want to keep our 1st Round Picks, and Pacioretty, Kristo, Tinordi,etc...). Maybe Gauthier will try and use Maxwell and/or Weber and/or Desharnais as trade bait after January?? We shall wait and see...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-02-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Closed Thread