HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix (11-7-5) at Minnesota (11-10-2): 7:00PM CST - KSTC (HD)

Old
12-02-2010, 09:47 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
But I thought Bouchard and Havlat were both passers and shouldn't ever be on a line together? Nonsense, they were fantastic. Easily the best forwards for the Wild last night. Very nice to see Butch return and be that good. Shows we need a lot more skill than we have.

I'm not the biggest "throw the coach under the bus" guy, but when is he going to realize that Bruno can't skate, Mittens can't handle the puck, and it's not really the "top line" anymore? Yes, Bruno's a good puck handler and passer and has high hockey IQ, but he's a complete liability out there 5-on-5.

Sully and Cullen looked good. Not much chemistry because Cullen is such a north-south guy and nobody else is, but what can you do. Side note, can you imagine Cullen and Gabby? That'd be awesome. 2-on-1 city.

Still liking Spurgeon, a lot more than Falk, Stoner, Scandella, and even Barker who had a decent game. Theo looked good, just not a lot of help.

Overall, the team looked hesitant and unsure and they always struggle against fast, aggressive teams. Phoenix came out hitting and moving their feet and was awesome on the transition.
Mmmmm crow.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
heksagon

How is Koivu playing right now? I haven´t had a chance to watch games lately and while I know that he had a goal against the Coyotes I have heard that he is not at his best. Is something wrong with him? Hopefully not, because he is my favourite player.

heksagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
LuLuBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Sully and Cullen looked good. Not much chemistry because Cullen is such a north-south guy and nobody else is, but what can you do.
I thought they looked good as individual players and as a pair. They were one of the best combinations the Wild had last night. I just wish the coach would keep them together so they could develop more chemistry - but I thought they showed they have good chemistry already. The O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck line had a lot of good things going on, in my opinion.

LuLuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
How is Koivu playing right now? I haven´t had a chance to watch games lately and while I know that he had a goal against the Coyotes I have heard that he is not at his best. Is something wrong with him? Hopefully not, because he is my favourite player.
Koivu is playing pretty terrible. He has a good moment or two each game but overall looks slow, uninspired, just not like himself. No clue what's going on. He's my second favorite player on the Wild and has never been like this before (not counting his rookie year where he was adjusting to the game).

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
It seems like he's playing through an injury and very well could be. Koivu has too much pride to half-ass it out there unless something is nagging him. Could be a hip or a leg thing.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Come out and say you are injured or we will continue to rag on you. Russo has been and if I'm injured I'm not going to take abuse because of it. He's not injured.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:26 PM
hipsquare

I doubt Koivu would say a word if he had an injury he could play through. He's a no excuses kind of guy. (That, and I'm sure he doesn't want to alert the opposition.)

hipsquare is offline   Reply With Quote