HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fighting Majors

Old
11-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
DAGOON WHERE YOU AT!!! lol

and seriously i love the attitude of the team this year. There not the most talented and i still don't think there contenders but the way they have stuck up for each other (most of the time) has made me proud.

It also helps to have boogy and prust two of the biggest fighters in the NHL
Hey Puck
I am here and like I said in Sept with Dubi Cally Prust Boogy and now Sauer we have a team with a edge. Avery is being allowed to be Avery and that ads to the nasty edge we have as a team. The Rangers have been standing up for each other which helps a team bond. Fighting is important sometimes do you Yankees fans remember all the fights u had as world series champs in the early 90's? How about the fighting 86 Mets ?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 06:56 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
In response to the OP's desire to see Callahan fight Crosby last night:

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_16738620
that would be pretty amazing if Crosby broke his hand on Cally's helmet.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Now if we could get a big mean stay at home D-Man who comes to work in a bad mood every day we would be set in the sand paper dept..

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Prust lead the league last season too.
I thought Konopka had more?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
eco's bones

Fighting like blocking shots and hitting is another sign of the players on the team being commited to each other. We lead in all three categories as of now. It means the players are willing to sacrifice their bodies for each other and the teams goals.

Personally I don't think this team as of now is a real contender but it seems to be taking some large steps towards becoming one this season. Younger players are leading the way--Lundqvist, Girardi, Staal, Sauer, MDZ, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Stepan, Prust--some good contributions from vets as well. It's all very encouraging.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 08:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I still say if we add Richards we can be contenders. Richards feeding Gabby would help both of them rack up points, plus we're starting to see some real chemistry starting to form.

This team is a legitimate TEAM. Staal, Girardi, Sauer, Doobs, Cally, Ani, Prust, Boyle...even guys like Feds and Eminger are really gelling as a team right now. Fighting is an indication of that, especially since we've seen a ton of fights spawn from standing up for other guys, or to send messages not to start **** with our guys.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I thought Konopka had more?
I thought so too.

I love it that Callahan and Dubinsky play really hard and are willing to fight occasionally, but we can't afford to lose one or both of them due to a fighting injury (see Chris Stewart on Colorado).

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 09:23 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
would love him to put a beating on Carcillo
Like this?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 09:37 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I like fighting.

No, I love fighting. The amount of energy watching Avery or Prust or wheoever go punch for punch with a guy the team and the crowd gains is awesome.

I just hate staged fighting, especially when the fight ends up being terrible.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
pld459666

regardless of what happened with Chris Stewart and the freak accident of him breaking his hand, I would still like to see Callahan pummel Sidney.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

No..worse than that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Like this?

Old
11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

im with you brother..that would have been sweet!!!! Cally fights 3 or 4 times a year..last night should have been one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
regardless of what happened with Chris Stewart and the freak accident of him breaking his hand, I would still like to see Callahan pummel Sidney.

Old
12-01-2010, 12:17 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
No..worse than that..
I agree completely! But it was still nice to see Prust lay at least a small beating on Carcillo. Carcillo, Briere and Crosby are the three players I hate most in the entire league.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Provolone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
imagine if we still has this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QIg4ZN1uU
LOL.

Those announcers' voices are as annoying as Redden's play.

The only people that hate fighting, are the ones that watch the retards on ESPN talk about how hockey would be bigger if there wasn't any fighting. Change your tampon and realize that hockey is a niche sport, and i LOVE it that way! And dropping the gloves does change games. This is a fast and emotional sport, just ask Maxine Talbot, who changed a series after dropping the gloves, on his way to a Stanley Cup.

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:57 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I still say if we add Richards we can be contenders. Richards feeding Gabby would help both of them rack up points, plus we're starting to see some real chemistry starting to form.

This team is a legitimate TEAM. Staal, Girardi, Sauer, Doobs, Cally, Ani, Prust, Boyle...even guys like Feds and Eminger are really gelling as a team right now. Fighting is an indication of that, especially since we've seen a ton of fights spawn from standing up for other guys, or to send messages not to start **** with our guys.
If Gaborik would just play like last season and Henrik could be more consistent, I think we'd be somewhere between Sleeper and Contender. If Frolov can really benefit from an awoken Gaborik, Drury and Prospal come back in full force, and the young forwards keep up their ways, then I think we can be contenders. I think we'd just be one top 4 defenseman away from being legit at that point but there is much to live up to to get there.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:14 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provolone View Post
LOL.

Those announcers' voices are as annoying as Redden's play.

The only people that hate fighting, are the ones that watch the retards on ESPN talk about how hockey would be bigger if there wasn't any fighting. Change your tampon and realize that hockey is a niche sport, and i LOVE it that way! And dropping the gloves does change games. This is a fast and emotional sport, just ask Maxine Talbot, who changed a series after dropping the gloves, on his way to a Stanley Cup.
All week with this andre johnson issue you hear quotes like "Not in this league this isn't the NHL" and I wanna throw something through the TV. The NFL doesn;'t fight on the field its f***in players just murder animals, shoot up clubs, run down pedestrians, drive drunk, fight on the sidelines and in the locker rooms and with Lebron james' friends. Yea real classy guys. Maybe they should worry about their actions off the field instead of trying to devalue another league because of it's "fighting". Oh and fighting in the NHL is so horrible but the sh** NFL'ers do in a fumble pile is better?

Please the fighting in the NHl has nothing to do with its popularity or lack thereof. The damn league is spread too thin because of horrific expansion ideas, the scoring and offense is minimal, the grit is LEAVING the game and the incompetence is rising especially from the announcing and officiating.

League was at its peak when there was a perfect blend of rough stuff, fighting, hitting, standing up for teammates and elite players playing together.

ESPN was never smart they just deliver sports news and entertain. The biggest money draw gets the most backing. If they're so worried about integrity they wouldn't show "the Decision". It's a horrific joke to listen to ESPN do anything hockey related.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
All week with this andre johnson issue you hear quotes like "Not in this league this isn't the NHL" and I wanna throw something through the TV. The NFL doesn;'t fight on the field its f***in players just murder animals, shoot up clubs, run down pedestrians, drive drunk, fight on the sidelines and in the locker rooms and with Lebron james' friends. Yea real classy guys. Maybe they should worry about their actions off the field instead of trying to devalue another league because of it's "fighting". Oh and fighting in the NHL is so horrible but the sh** NFL'ers do in a fumble pile is better?
but...but...Sean Avery made fun of his ex-girlfriend and called her his sloppy seconds .

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post

Please the fighting in the NHl has nothing to do with its popularity or lack thereof. The damn league is spread too thin because of horrific expansion ideas, the scoring and offense is minimal, the grit is LEAVING the game and the incompetence is rising especially from the announcing and officiating.

League was at its peak when there was a perfect blend of rough stuff, fighting, hitting, standing up for teammates and elite players playing together.

ESPN was never smart they just deliver sports news and entertain. The biggest money draw gets the most backing. If they're so worried about integrity they wouldn't show "the Decision". It's a horrific joke to listen to ESPN do anything hockey related.

Well said...

If this league wants to get back to it's glory...it has to get rid of Bettman...he is killing the sport...put Shananhan or a Weekes or someone who knows the sport..not some NBA guy who knows nothing of the sport.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:59 PM
bronxzoo28

Send a message via ICQ to bronxzoo28 Send a message via AIM to bronxzoo28
Prust has really grown on me. he is one tough guy and I love how he will fight anyone just hope boogey is back for the Islanders game.

bronxzoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:01 AM
Jxmarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
I cant believe they intentionally put down incorrect player heights. This isn't a bunch of high school guys measuring their organs!
The rationale for adding inches to players' heights for years has been that they play on skates, therefore they actually are 3 inches taller on the ice. John Davidson used to say this all the time. And the Rangers have been doing it for years.

The problem is that this rationale is used selectively. If one guy is measured in bare feet, the next one can't be measured in skates. If Prust is measured at 6-2, then a player who is 6-2 in bare feet, should be listed as 6-5. Brian Boyle should be listed as 6-9 or 6-10. Then the whole thing gets to be ridiculous.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Doh thanks, I was running late that day and didn't set the DVR, totally forgot. Wasn't that good of a fight. Lets hope they go again during the last game they play this year.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Prust is sick...dude fights anyone....and wins!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote