HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK Subban

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2010, 05:42 PM
  #1
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 165
PK Subban

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=545237

Just found this. Quite interesting when taking into context richards and cherry's comments on him, as it seems from the undertone of this article that its not just what he's been doing on the ice that has got him scratched. Wonder how much this re-affirm's richards comments in relation to subban and how canadiens fans would view this. Just to clarify, im not a pk hater like it seems some of the flyers fans are, i signed him on nhl11 and eastside hockey manager, and think he is a damn good young d-man who when matured will be an all-star calibre player. Thoughts? And im sorry if i appear to be flogging a dead horse so to speak!

Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
  #2
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Subban's been known to get into fights with his own teammates.

This is not shocking at all, though his play has been slipping.

CS is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 05:54 PM
  #3
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Oh Why... This is the Flyers' board. You are pretty much inviting obnoxious Habs fans to come now.

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
  #4
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Yeah, I agree with Kimi. Can this be either locked or moved to the NHL discussion thread before Montreal fans hijack it?

CS is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
  #5
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Subban's been known to get into fights with his own teammates.

This is not shocking at all, though his play has been slipping.
Yeh, ive watched about 2 canadiens games in last two weeks (nights when flyers arnt playing and nothing else to do!) and he doesnt look the same as he did in last years playoffs or start of season, same offensive flair but he seems to be getting caught out on a regular basis when it comes to anything defensive. Didnt know he'd got into fights with teammates, but that, the scratching, and richards and others in hockey communities comments seem to affirm he has an attitude problem, maybe these combined factors will vindicate richards in many of the habs fans eyes (though i doubt it!)

Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
  #6
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Yeah, I agree with Kimi. Can this be either locked or moved to the NHL discussion thread before Montreal fans hijack it?
Sorry! Will do, didnt take into account the habs fans, was just pontificating on the subban attitude thing.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
  #7
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP
 
GirouxCouturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Not another subban thread....

GirouxCouturier is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
  #8
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,412
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Yeah, I agree with Kimi. Can this be either locked or moved to the NHL discussion thread before Montreal fans hijack it?
No way, I love when the Habs fans come in here. They will say that Richards should stop complaining or something or that the Flyers got lucky when they destroyed them in the Playoffs last season or that PK Subban should win the Hart, Art Ross, AND Vezina Trophy.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
  #9
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
I think JM makes solid points about his game. I remember in the PO's there were a few times where he put himself out of postion by getting too aggressive or trying too hard to make a play. He is a good player and he will learn that in the NHL he doesn't have to carry the entire team.


Last edited by Flyerfan808: 12-02-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
  #10
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
No way, I love when the Habs fans come in here. They will say that Richards should stop complaining or something or that the Flyers got lucky when they destroyed them in the Playoffs last season or that PK Subban should win the Hart, Art Ross, AND Vezina Trophy.
I'm sick of Montreal drama. It stems from a pretty traumatizing experiences while trying to explain to them that the Flyers would not trade JVR or Giroux for Price/Halak.

They're more trouble than fun.

CS is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
  #11
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,962
vCash: 500
This thread has nothing to do with Habs' fans. If they come here and troll they can be dealt with. I think this thread is warranted because of what Richards said and I just heard Mike Peca rip Subban on TSN.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
  #12
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I'm all for being a nuisance right back when a group of fans are being lame, but preemptive trashing of Habs fans before they say anything lame in the thread yet is no good.

Give them time, they will show up, lol. Hopefully when they do they will be able to shed some light on why he got scratched and not just tell us how great he is.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
  #13
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Yeah, I agree with Kimi. Can this be either locked or moved to the NHL discussion thread before Montreal fans hijack it?
Let them come, they're easy to ignore. I believe there is enough here for a serious discussion.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:15 PM
  #14
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Let them come, they're easy to ignore. I believe there is enough here for a serious discussion.
Fair enough. It's just asking for trouble though.

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Habs' fans. If they come here and troll they can be dealt with. I think this thread is warranted because of what Richards said and I just heard Mike Peca rip Subban on TSN.
What did Peca say?

CS is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
  #15
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,026
vCash: 500
Care not

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
  #16
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Habs' fans. If they come here and troll they can be dealt with. I think this thread is warranted because of what Richards said and I just heard Mike Peca rip Subban on TSN.
Everytime i hear Mike Peca's name it makes me laugh, as my little brother used to love him, therefore run down the street aged about 6 shouting 'mike peca', but when a six year old with a lisp says it it sounds... well rude (my peca) (if in N.A. u dont use that slang peca is interchangable with c*ck)

Apart from that his opinion is well respected, always thought he was a good player and respected captain, as well as quite similar to richie in terms of defensive play as a centre (only downside was the whole buffalo incident)

Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:42 PM
  #17
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Fair enough. It's just asking for trouble though.

Anyway...



What did Peca say?
I can't remember all of it but he said if he did something (whatever it was that Subban did last night) he would have had a lineup of vets to answer to. I don't know if TSN's shows are ever put up online but if they do, it should be there. He's not impressed with Subban and was on the attack when Gino Reda asked him for his thoughts.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
  #18
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
My thoughts are 'meh.' Can't say I'm shocked.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
  #19
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I can't remember all of it but he said if he did something (whatever it was that Subban did last night) he would have had a lineup of vets to answer to. I don't know if TSN's shows are ever put up online but if they do, it should be there. He's not impressed with Subban and was on the attack when Gino Reda asked him for his thoughts.
To tell the truth, I haven't been all that impressed with Subban's play when we've played him this year. I've seen a few more Canadiens games where he's played better, but he's hardly the #1 or even top pairing defenseman Canadiens' fans project him as right now.

I said this before on one of the numerous Richards vs. Subban trollfests on the main board...If Subban is smart, he'll take what Richards said to heart and cool himself down on the ice.

Of course I was met with responses ranging from, "homer," "how did you even get your job," "Subban is going to play however he wants whether Richards cries about it or not," etc.

Still, it's pretty telling when a young player, supposedly in contention for Calder, has nothing outside of Montreal posted about his on-ice game but a TON posted about his confrontational attitude.

CS is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
  #20
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
No one cares about Subban. Except Subban and Habs fans.

ShawnTHW is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 07:07 PM
  #21
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
To tell the truth, I haven't been all that impressed with Subban's play when we've played him this year. I've seen a few more Canadiens games where he's played better, but he's hardly the #1 or even top pairing defenseman Canadiens' fans project him as right now.

I said this before on one of the numerous Richards vs. Subban trollfests on the main board...If Subban is smart, he'll take what Richards said to heart and cool himself down on the ice.

Of course I was met with responses ranging from, "homer," "how did you even get your job," "Subban is going to play however he wants whether Richards cries about it or not," etc.

Still, it's pretty telling when a young player, supposedly in contention for Calder, has nothing outside of Montreal posted about his on-ice game but a TON posted about his confrontational attitude.
They showed the play he made last night which led to a goal against. I was watching the whole thing on my sling while doing some other things and wasn't paying much attention but now I wish I had taken notes. Peca was pretty pissed while talking about him and I think when you have older or retired players making comments about him, it says a lot. Richards may only be 25 but he's been around long enough that his words are warranted.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
  #22
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Subban wows you with skill on 1 play, then on the next makes a brutal stupid turnover trying to wow you again. He needs to learn simple plays

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
  #23
FightingMajor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Subban is all flash but no substance...a poor mans mike green

FightingMajor is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
  #24
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Subban wows you with skill on 1 play, then on the next makes a brutal stupid turnover trying to wow you again. He needs to learn simple plays
It won't happen.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
12-02-2010, 09:40 PM
  #25
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'm shocked that there aren't any Habs fans in here yet.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.