HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK Subban

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
PK Subban

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=545237

Just found this. Quite interesting when taking into context richards and cherry's comments on him, as it seems from the undertone of this article that its not just what he's been doing on the ice that has got him scratched. Wonder how much this re-affirm's richards comments in relation to subban and how canadiens fans would view this. Just to clarify, im not a pk hater like it seems some of the flyers fans are, i signed him on nhl11 and eastside hockey manager, and think he is a damn good young d-man who when matured will be an all-star calibre player. Thoughts? And im sorry if i appear to be flogging a dead horse so to speak!

Old
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Subban's been known to get into fights with his own teammates.

This is not shocking at all, though his play has been slipping.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:54 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Oh Why... This is the Flyers' board. You are pretty much inviting obnoxious Habs fans to come now.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Yeah, I agree with Kimi. Can this be either locked or moved to the NHL discussion thread before Montreal fans hijack it?

Old
12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Subban's been known to get into fights with his own teammates.

This is not shocking at all, though his play has been slipping.
Yeh, ive watched about 2 canadiens games in last two weeks (nights when flyers arnt playing and nothing else to do!) and he doesnt look the same as he did in last years playoffs or start of season, same offensive flair but he seems to be getting caught out on a regular basis when it comes to anything defensive. Didnt know he'd got into fights with teammates, but that, the scratching, and richards and others in hockey communities comments seem to affirm he has an attitude problem, maybe these combined factors will vindicate richards in many of the habs fans eyes (though i doubt it!)

Old
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with Kimi. Can this be either locked or moved to the NHL discussion thread before Montreal fans hijack it?
Sorry! Will do, didnt take into account the habs fans, was just pontificating on the subban attitude thing.

Old
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Not another subban thread....

Old
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
No way, I love when the Habs fans come in here. They will say that Richards should stop complaining or something or that the Flyers got lucky when they destroyed them in the Playoffs last season or that PK Subban should win the Hart, Art Ross, AND Vezina Trophy.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Flyerfan808

I think JM makes solid points about his game. I remember in the PO's there were a few times where he put himself out of postion by getting too aggressive or trying too hard to make a play. He is a good player and he will learn that in the NHL he doesn't have to carry the entire team.

Last edited by Flyerfan808: 12-02-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
No way, I love when the Habs fans come in here. They will say that Richards should stop complaining or something or that the Flyers got lucky when they destroyed them in the Playoffs last season or that PK Subban should win the Hart, Art Ross, AND Vezina Trophy.
I'm sick of Montreal drama. It stems from a pretty traumatizing experiences while trying to explain to them that the Flyers would not trade JVR or Giroux for Price/Halak.

They're more trouble than fun.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
MsWoof

This thread has nothing to do with Habs' fans. If they come here and troll they can be dealt with. I think this thread is warranted because of what Richards said and I just heard Mike Peca rip Subban on TSN.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I'm all for being a nuisance right back when a group of fans are being lame, but preemptive trashing of Habs fans before they say anything lame in the thread yet is no good.

Give them time, they will show up, lol. Hopefully when they do they will be able to shed some light on why he got scratched and not just tell us how great he is.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Let them come, they're easy to ignore. I believe there is enough here for a serious discussion.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Let them come, they're easy to ignore. I believe there is enough here for a serious discussion.
Fair enough. It's just asking for trouble though.

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Habs' fans. If they come here and troll they can be dealt with. I think this thread is warranted because of what Richards said and I just heard Mike Peca rip Subban on TSN.
What did Peca say?

Old
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
BringBackStevens

Care not

Old
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Everytime i hear Mike Peca's name it makes me laugh, as my little brother used to love him, therefore run down the street aged about 6 shouting 'mike peca', but when a six year old with a lisp says it it sounds... well rude (my peca) (if in N.A. u dont use that slang peca is interchangable with c*ck)

Apart from that his opinion is well respected, always thought he was a good player and respected captain, as well as quite similar to richie in terms of defensive play as a centre (only downside was the whole buffalo incident)

Old
12-02-2010, 06:42 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Fair enough. It's just asking for trouble though.

Anyway...

What did Peca say?
I can't remember all of it but he said if he did something (whatever it was that Subban did last night) he would have had a lineup of vets to answer to. I don't know if TSN's shows are ever put up online but if they do, it should be there. He's not impressed with Subban and was on the attack when Gino Reda asked him for his thoughts.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
My thoughts are 'meh.' Can't say I'm shocked.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I can't remember all of it but he said if he did something (whatever it was that Subban did last night) he would have had a lineup of vets to answer to. I don't know if TSN's shows are ever put up online but if they do, it should be there. He's not impressed with Subban and was on the attack when Gino Reda asked him for his thoughts.
To tell the truth, I haven't been all that impressed with Subban's play when we've played him this year. I've seen a few more Canadiens games where he's played better, but he's hardly the #1 or even top pairing defenseman Canadiens' fans project him as right now.

I said this before on one of the numerous Richards vs. Subban trollfests on the main board...If Subban is smart, he'll take what Richards said to heart and cool himself down on the ice.

Of course I was met with responses ranging from, "homer," "how did you even get your job," "Subban is going to play however he wants whether Richards cries about it or not," etc.

Still, it's pretty telling when a young player, supposedly in contention for Calder, has nothing outside of Montreal posted about his on-ice game but a TON posted about his confrontational attitude.

Old
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

No one cares about Subban. Except Subban and Habs fans.

Old
12-02-2010, 07:07 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
To tell the truth, I haven't been all that impressed with Subban's play when we've played him this year. I've seen a few more Canadiens games where he's played better, but he's hardly the #1 or even top pairing defenseman Canadiens' fans project him as right now.

I said this before on one of the numerous Richards vs. Subban trollfests on the main board...If Subban is smart, he'll take what Richards said to heart and cool himself down on the ice.

Of course I was met with responses ranging from, "homer," "how did you even get your job," "Subban is going to play however he wants whether Richards cries about it or not," etc.

Still, it's pretty telling when a young player, supposedly in contention for Calder, has nothing outside of Montreal posted about his on-ice game but a TON posted about his confrontational attitude.
They showed the play he made last night which led to a goal against. I was watching the whole thing on my sling while doing some other things and wasn't paying much attention but now I wish I had taken notes. Peca was pretty pissed while talking about him and I think when you have older or retired players making comments about him, it says a lot. Richards may only be 25 but he's been around long enough that his words are warranted.

Old
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Subban wows you with skill on 1 play, then on the next makes a brutal stupid turnover trying to wow you again. He needs to learn simple plays

Old
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
FightingMajor

Subban is all flash but no substance...a poor mans mike green

Old
12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Subban wows you with skill on 1 play, then on the next makes a brutal stupid turnover trying to wow you again. He needs to learn simple plays
It won't happen.

Old
12-02-2010, 09:40 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'm shocked that there aren't any Habs fans in here yet.

Closed Thread