HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers second richest franchise in hockey

Old
12-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
We really have no one to blame but ourselves. We still buy the merchandise, we still go to games, and we still buy concessions at games. Dolan can get away with raising prices every year because he knows that PEOPLE WILL STILL COME. People will still buy merchandise, people will still pay $10 for a ****ing beer. You really want ticket and concession prices to lessen? Start boycotting some games or start boycotting the concession stands. Until that happens, prices will continue to go up.

Oh, and that guy was right. Here are the employment statistics for NYC counties (including Nassau and Suffolk) and how they relate to U.S. averages. Only the Bronx and Brooklyn have higher unemployment than the U.S. average.

Last edited by Stugots: 02-06-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 03:37 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
We really have no one to blame but ourselves. We still buy the merchandise, we still go to games, and we still buy concessions at games. Dolan can get away with raising prices every year because he knows that PEOPLE WILL STILL COME. People will still buy merchandise, people will still pay $10 for a ****ing beer. You really want ticket and concession prices to lessen? Start boycotting some games or start boycotting the concession stands. Until that happens, prices will continue to go up.
That's the way I feel. I go to one game a year when someone takes me. I won't buy tickets. I don't spend money on food or drink at the Garden. I don't buy merch. And I won't until Sather is gone or this team wins a Cup.

12-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's the way I feel. I go to one game a year when someone takes me. I won't buy tickets. I don't spend money on food or drink at the Garden. I don't buy merch. And I won't until Sather is gone or this team wins a Cup.
I havent paid for a ticket in years. My father gets a couple of tickets 3-4 times a year for free through his company and we'll go together.

Unfortunately, I usually meet him right after work and need to buy some food each time, $20 bucks for a hot dog/pretzel/beer is one of the reasons why the Rangers are the 2nd richest franchise in the NHL.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 04:11 PM
morffin

this is good...the cap insures they wont piss away too much money on players ....then we have the financial advantage to put together one of the best player dev and scouting teams in the lg.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
wow even with wasting money on Redden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
this is good...the cap insures they wont piss away too much money on players ....then we have the financial advantage to put together one of the best player dev and scouting teams in the lg.
exactly, spend it every other way you can. Fly the players home in between road trips, etc. UFAs will come here for stuff like that.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I guess this makes the season ticket holders even more annoyed at the lack of rewards they get for owning them....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Do you actually think it's going to go to that stuff? Or is it going in Dolan's pocket? I'd like to believe it's going to help the team, but I'm not so sure.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 05:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Do you actually think it's going to go to that stuff? Or is it going in Dolan's pocket? I'd like to believe it's going to help the team, but I'm not so sure.
Probably going to the new FOX broadcasting bill that CV just incurred...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
They had a huge financial advantage without the cap. Don't shed any tears for Lil Jmmy.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
This statement can't be anymore simpler and correct.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
How does growth and profits lead to higher prices? I'd imagine being in the red would cause cuts and higher prices..
Why should they go down?

Old
12-02-2010, 07:47 PM
morffin

Quote:
They had a huge financial advantage without the cap. Don't shed any tears for Lil Jmmy.
yes but a huge chunk of that advantage was pissed away on horrible contracts....record setting NHL payrolls.

Old
12-02-2010, 07:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
yes but a huge chunk of that advantage was pissed away on horrible contracts....record setting NHL payrolls.
He can afford it.

Old
12-03-2010, 07:48 AM
gravytrain6t

Dolan crushed any chance for NYC to get back one of its pro football teams. Love the Rangers, but certainly not the owner.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
morffin

Quote:
He can afford it.
we know he can afford it...but there is only so much to go around...it used to go to the Bures of the hockey world .... now it goes into developing the next Bure. No coincidence that the Rangers finally got a good player dev and scouting team together after the LO.

Old
12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
everything team related will go up, but i will continue to buy tickets at 300 level prices and sit in club seats. the ushers can check as much as they want but with so many open seats, i sit 5 rows off the ice every game

people may bash me for it, but i dont have great vision nor do i have a deep wallet...soo i take advantage...STICK IT TO CORPORATE AMERICA AND GARDEN MANAGEMENT

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
everything team related will go up, but i will continue to buy tickets at 300 level prices and sit in club seats. the ushers can check as much as they want but with so many open seats, i sit 5 rows off the ice every game

people may bash me for it, but i dont have great vision nor do i have a deep wallet...soo i take advantage...STICK IT TO CORPORATE AMERICA AND GARDEN MANAGEMENT
How is that sticking it to them? The seats are probably sold, you paid for a ticket so they're happy.

Wanna stick it to Garden management don't buy tickets.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
nyr2417

In my media systems lecture today, the whole entire lecture was about the Dolan family, learned alot about them. huge dick heads, tremendous business men

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote