HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** YEAH! What failure? (Habs kick Devils' ass, 5-1)

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
GoodKiwi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
lol whutz? When did this happen?? lol
I guess started around Vancouver game nearly a month ago. Second to last column is our PP ratio. Around 30% during this stretch.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Bullsmith

Gill-Subban
Spacek-Gorges
Hamr-Weber

20 minutes each, give or take.

Basically mix and match who plays with Weber but keep him with a vet. On back to back games (and there are tons this year) Spacek can sit for Picard. Weber can sit for Picard too, to keep him in game shape and in the mix, but if everyone's healthy, I'd like to see Weber take a job over the next few months. And I'd love to see that allow Spacek to move back to his natural side, I really think he'd have an easier time. The guy works his ass off.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
le_sean

Did the Habs break a sweat tonight?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
No sir. Our PP is no longer mediocre. We might have cracked league's top 10 tonight, I'm not sure. It's bee on fire lately.
NHL.com says we're in 11, but we're 0.2% ahead of 12th and more than 3% behind 10th. Still, that's a big improvement and the PK remains simply outstanding.

The Habs are, at this moment in team, a consistent winning team if not a favorite then a legit contender. Waited a decade for this.

Thank you Mr. Gainey. Apologies Mr. Gauthier.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol pierre houde had something funny to say about the saturday game, he said everyone with tickets saturday, dont show up at the bell center for 7, the game will be over o.o
Yeah, I heard it Funny 'cause I didn't notice the game was actually so early (but I won't go)

Old
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Lucius

Awesome debut from Weber. I know this was not exactly NHL all-stars, and he will make mistakes, but I think he showed he can play in the NHL and he can play on defense.

I hope Subban subs back in next game, but for Picard (who again has been pretty mediocre lately). Move Spacek back to the left, he still looks lost on the right. Put Weber with Spacek and Hamrlik with Subban.

He wasn't perfect, but he didn't make any crazy lapses that I saw, and out muscled a few guys for the puck. He's not Chris Pronger back there, but he isn't MAB either.

Also, Weber looked good on the PP once he figured out he should be involved in the play instead of standing on the far side alone.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I love Pouliot and Eller. As others have said, MaxPac would look great with these two. 3 big guys that can sakte like the wind.

Love it. I've never been this pumped about Pouliot. Man he looks good.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Lucius

Also, I hope the two guys who defected to become Leaf fans enjoyed their first night as members of "The Nation."

=)

Old
12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
fufonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Awesome debut from Weber. I know this was not exactly NHL all-stars, and he will make mistakes, but I think he showed he can play in the NHL and he can play on defense.

I hope Subban subs back in next game, but for Picard (who again has been pretty mediocre lately). Move Spacek back to the left, he still looks lost on the right. Put Weber with Spacek and Hamrlik with Subban.

He wasn't perfect, but he didn't make any crazy lapses that I saw, and out muscled a few guys for the puck. He's not Chris Pronger back there, but he isn't MAB either.

Also, Weber looked good on the PP once he figured out he should be involved in the play instead of standing on the far side alone.
I don't see how Picard's been mediocre. He's been playing some very solid hockey for us back there.

This doesn't mean he shouldn't rotate out for a game, but he's been playing well.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Also, I hope the two guys who defected to become Leaf fans enjoyed their first night as members of "The Nation."

=)
What? Why would someone leave the Habs for the Leafs at this point?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Bieber fever

it's a jersey thing

Old
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Mister Potato

I hate afternoon games on saturday.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I don't see how Picard's been mediocre. He's been playing some very solid hockey for us back there.

This doesn't mean he shouldn't rotate out for a game, but he's been playing well.
He was very solid at first, but the last 4-5 games he's looked lost. Lots of lost battles, lots of bad passes. Tonight was actually his best game in a while. Against Buffalo, specifically, he couldn't make a pass to save his life.

I am not saying he's useless, just that for a guy who charged out and took the job, he's slowed down a bit and if anyone was going to sit of the seven D, I'd pick him.

More because I'm impressed with Weber so far and Subban has to go back in than any fault of his own, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Two guys in a prior thread said they were done with Montreal and becoming Leaf fans because Martin was scratching Subban tonight.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
I love Pouliot and Eller. As others have said, MaxPac would look great with these two. 3 big guys that can sakte like the wind.

Love it. I've never been this pumped about Pouliot. Man he looks good.
Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty-Kristo-Desharnais-Pallushaj-Leblanc-White

Who said we didn't have a good prospect poll

Serriously though, imagine this lineup in 5 years once Gio/Cammy/Gomez & Pleks contracts are over & our prospects will be developped

Old
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
He was very solid at first, but the last 4-5 games he's looked lost. Lots of lost battles, lots of bad passes. Tonight was actually his best game in a while. Against Buffalo, specifically, he couldn't make a pass to save his life.

I am not saying he's useless, just that for a guy who charged out and took the job, he's slowed down a bit and if anyone was going to sit of the seven D, I'd pick him.

More because I'm impressed with Weber so far and Subban has to go back in than any fault of his own, but still...

Two guys in a prior thread said they were done with Montreal and becoming Leaf fans because Martin was scratching Subban tonight.
GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Old
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
it's a jersey thing
I lauled hard at that one.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
How can anyone so callously change allegiances? I'm a Habs fan in Leaf country and I couldn't imagine cheering the Leafs, even if they were contenders and Montreal were bottom feeders.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

Picard has been good enough for a 3rd pairing guy. My biggest complaint with him is that he gets caught up ice too many times. Its good to be active, but you gotta pick your spots a bit better. The forwards are usually pretty good at backing up the pinching d-man, but i think that even they get caught a bit off gaurd by picard's frequent pinching.

As for the game, its difficult to evaluate the players since the game ended pretty much as soon as it started. You just gotta love montreal's ability to bounce back after losses, and I loved the way they tightened the noose right off the bat. NJ was forced to be uncomfortable from the very beginning.

This run of conceding 3 goals or less in regulation has reached remarkable heights. Have the habs ever done this before in modern history?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
You have got to be enjoying the progress of both Pouliot and Eller. Man both of these guys are rangy players who are skilled and have unbelieveable skating ability. Just awesome. You have to give it to Darche too though. I dont know if there is a player on the habs with more heart than this guy. A bigger Steve Begin.

Spacek? This guy was being hated on earlier this season and admittedly I was one of them. But he has been much, much better of late. Picard is the odd man out unfortunately, but with Markov out we need a powerplay qb and that is Weber.

On Gomez: no one is going to take this guy and he is not going to the minors. We are going to have to live with his so-so play. But dont be fooled by his stats, this guy is playing much better.

On Pacioretty: don't call him up. He does not want to be called up and I dont believe its the best idea. Right now we have 4 solid lines, but it IS clear we are going to have acquire a top 6 forward at some point.

I know we just beat an awful team, but you have to love this teams collective chemistry and heart.

Go Habs go.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:36 PM
RNiner

There is no real decision on who to sit on D for Saturday. Picard sits. No, he hasn't been bad. Not at all. But he is the 7th D, and Weber fills a more important role on the PP, so there it is. Its a real nice feeling knowing we have this much depth at D, even with Markov out.

Only way both Picard and Weber play next game is if they decide to sit Gorges. Guy looks a bit banged up, and one big strength of depth is getting to rest guys who are only playing at 80-85%.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
I guess started around Vancouver game nearly a month ago. Second to last column is our PP ratio. Around 30% during this stretch.

Argh, that philly game and the edmonton game should be wins

Old
12-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Argh, that philly game and the edmonton game should be wins
It happens to every team, they're human. But I do feel the same as you

Old
12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
How can anyone so callously change allegiances? I'm a Habs fan in Leaf country and I couldn't imagine cheering the Leafs, even if they were contenders and Montreal were bottom feeders.
It happens every year. These people are not Habs fans, they're fans of specific players. Sometimes they started as Habs fans, but become so enamoured with someone, that they take their career more seriously than the team.

Example A: Colorado fans from Montreal who followed Roy.

Example B: That Sergei Kostitsyn fan who used to post here.

Example C: All the Halak fans who are now cheering for St. Louis.

Those two guys struck me as the latest edition. PK Subban is just the focus of their obsession.

EDIT: No poster bashing.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 12-03-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

It's actually 11th in the league now.

I guess it seems bad because we're used to 20+% efficiency.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
fufonzo

Quote:

Was CoolasprICE one of them? Maybe he could go start a protest at the ACC to start a rebuild for Toronto.

Closed Thread