HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs after JVR per Timmy P

Old
12-03-2010, 07:40 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Leafs after JVR per Timmy P

Loose pucks
CSNPhilly.com has learned that the Toronto Maple Leafs have inquired about making a deal for van Reimsdyk, but the Flyers said they are not interested in moving him. ...

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:44 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Loose pucks
CSNPhilly.com has learned that the Toronto Maple Leafs have inquired about making a deal for van Reimsdyk, but the Flyers said they are not interested in moving him. ...
I'd move him... for Kessel and two 1sts.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:45 AM
2fast4u2*

Please no!!!!!!! i feel this kid will come through sooner or later

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:45 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Don't want Kessel. Or pretty much anything else up and down that lineup.

But two Leafs' firsts would make me stop to consider it for a moment.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:47 AM
2fast4u2*

Well actually 2 firsts from the leafs?? the way they are playing it could very well BE 2 first picks over all

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:56 AM
DUHockey9

I'm not sure what I make of JVR. He's good, but I don't think he's ever going to be spectacular. I'm starting to see him as a 30 goal 60 pt guy at his very best, which is still very good. He doesn't seem to have that something that guys with lesser skill have in order to make up for it (yea, I know...real tangible haha).

Anyway, the Leafs have little to no attractive pieces IMO. I can't see something being worked out unless they overpaid, big time, in picks.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:56 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Two 1sts and a 2nd?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
The Leafs have absolutely nothing that we'd want and Boston has already ***** them for picks recently so I don't see them going that route.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM
jb**

Your not trading JVR for salary relief so I doubt any deal would go down unless part of a bigger package or someone really made you an offer you cant refuse.

Something like Carle and JVR for Kaberle, Kadri, Macarthur. Kaberle helps you more this year than carle, Mac can help replace JVR for this year and Kadri for the future. Not saying I would do it but something like that type of deal I suppose could happen. Only if they take Shelley as well, lol.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:07 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Your not trading JVR for salary relief so I doubt any deal would go down unless part of a bigger package or someone really made you an offer you cant refuse.

Something like Carle and JVR for Kaberle, Kadri, Macarthur. Kaberle helps you more this year than carle, Mac can help replace JVR for this year and Kadri for the future. Not saying I would do it but something like that type of deal I suppose could happen. Only if they take Shelley as well, lol.
Kadri? No thanks. I know Leafs fans think he's the NHL's next superstar, but he's a long, long way from it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:

I'd take that deal, especially if Shelley went the other way.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:10 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Kessel wouldn't be made available regardless

The Leafs have nothing to offer us. We have enough defensemen and they don't have a single forward who would be one of our Top 6 Forwards, so nothing would be worth it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chaosof99*

Well, this would be interesting, if the Leafs actually had ANYTHING that could interest the Flyers organization.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
I'd take that deal, especially if Shelley went the other way.
Of course you would, that deal is absolutely terrible for the Leafs

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:13 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Kessel wouldn't be made available regardless

The Leafs have nothing to offer us. We have enough defensemen and they don't have a single forward who would be one of our Top 6 Forwards, so nothing would be worth it.
Well, we've got a lot of good goalie prospects to spare, one of Rynnas, Scrivens, or Reimer(likely Riemer) would be available.

In addition the Leafs have cap space out the ass right now, so that's something else they could offer up.

I wish JFJ could have traded for JVR when he had the chance, rather than deal the pick for Toskala

Old
12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I'm not sure what I make of JVR. He's good, but I don't think he's ever going to be spectacular. I'm starting to see him as a 30 goal 60 pt guy at his very best, which is still very good. He doesn't seem to have that something that guys with lesser skill have in order to make up for it (yea, I know...real tangible haha).

Anyway, the Leafs have little to no attractive pieces IMO. I can't see something being worked out unless they overpaid, big time, in picks.
JvR fills a need of a natural winger with size and should only get better. If the Flyers can keep JvR as a 30-30-60pt scoring winger on this team I would be more than happy to keep him around. The one addition to his game he brings is that he not only could be a scorer off the wing but he is a good passer and sees the ice well, I think eventually we could be seeing JvR and Giroux flanking Richards and Carter back at center.

Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JvR-Richards-Giroux
Nodl or Powe-Carter-Zherdev
Carcillo-Betts-Shelley and Powe in playoffs

At this point it seems to make the most sense even though I really HATE taking Giroux out of the center of the ice but at this point you might as well put the two streaky players on the same line and hope Zherdev starts racking up some assists with Carter..? I hate the idea of Carter and JvR, so Nodl might be the obvious choice at this time.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Well, we've got a lot of good goalie prospects to spare, one of Rynnas, Scrivens, or Reimer(likely Riemer) would be available.
Doesn't help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
In addition the Leafs have cap space out the ass right now, so that's something else they could offer up.
Don't need it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:21 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Doesn't help us.

Don't need it.
I think we just replicated the discussion between Brian and Paul

Old
12-03-2010, 08:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Not sure who the Leafs would possibly offer for JVR (or anyone else for that matter). I don't want to trade JVR, but if there was an attractive deal, I might do it. I agree with DUHockey, I don't see JVR becoming a superstar in this league. He will be a good player, but I doubt he ever becomes a PPG guy more than maybe a season.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

If they were looking for some type of cap relief you move Zherdev and his one year deal not JvR and a RFA status cap hit of $1.7mill over the next two years. At this point you could probably just flank Carter with Nodl and Powe and just roll that line and let Carter do his thing.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:26 AM
jb**

While it has been beat to death, shooter loves kaberle. When he feels this way he somehow, even years later seems to get his guy. Something to keep in mind. As I said it would have to be a multi player deal if it ever happened. Kaberle then signs an ext for 4mm,he replaces carle at 500k more. You know shooter is thinking about the cap possibilities as we speak!
Would anyone be really surprised if he is dealt? I wouldn’t.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
chaosof99*

I wonder how that discussion went?

*ring* *ring*
Homer: "Yes, hello."
Burke: "Hello, this is Brian Burke speaking. I wonder to ask you if we could arrange a deal for James van Riemsdyk."
Homer: "Wait, Brian Burke?"
Burke: "Yes."
Homer: "Of the Toronto Maple Leafs?"
Burke: "Just the same."
Homer:

Old
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not sure who the Leafs would possibly offer for JVR (or anyone else for that matter). I don't want to trade JVR, but if there was an attractive deal, I might do it. I agree with DUHockey, I don't see JVR becoming a superstar in this league. He will be a good player, but I doubt he ever becomes a PPG guy more than maybe a season.
I can tell you with certainty that the following players would not be offered:
Kadri, Kessel, Kulemin, Schenn, Phaneuf, Gustavsson.

those guys go nowhere.

and really, unless the Flyers want defense or goaltending, no deal is to be made.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:29 AM
glucker

Quote:
While it has been beat to death, shooter loves kaberle. When he feels this way he somehow, even years later seems to get his guy. Something to keep in mind. As I said it would have to be a multi player deal if it ever happened. Kaberle then signs an ext for 4mm,he replaces carle at 500k more. You know shooter is thinking about the cap possibilities as we speak!
The only issue: Burke won't ask him to waive.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:29 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Actually, I don't believe this. The only people I've ever seen support the "Carter for Kaberle" rumor are TML fans. Can you back that up somehow, e.g. with statements by Homer praising Kaberle?