HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle - Setoguchi

Old
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Who is going to move the puck in TO's end? Please don't tell me Brett ****ing Lebda. We are done with that experiment now.
Yeah... I still see Toronto as a rebuilding team and think that they need to trade him if they can't resign him before the trade deadline... but if they trade him they're going to be hurting on the back end...then they'll end up falling down in the standings and will end up giving Boston a lottery pick, again.

I say trade Kaberle + Kadri for a puck moving d-man who's effective now and has multiple years left on his contract, if possible.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
They do need another presence from the point, but that guy doesn't have to be a top offensive player. There are very few defenceman in this league who are excellent both offensively and defensively. The real need in SJ is for a 2-way guy, like Francois Beauchemin.
No, the real need for the Sharks is another guy that will get involved offensively. The Sharks have plenty of guys on the blue line that play well defensively. Murray, Vlasic, and Huskins are all solid defensively for the roles they play. Past Boyle, that have no reliable offensive presence from the blue line and that is unacceptable for a contender. Beauchemin doesn't provide anything to the Sharks that they don't already have.

They don't need Beauchemin because he is not the total solution for what the team needs.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
No, the real need for the Sharks is another guy that will get involved offensively. The Sharks have plenty of guys on the blue line that play well defensively. Murray, Vlasic, and Huskins are all solid defensively for the roles they play. Past Boyle, that have no reliable offensive presence from the blue line and that is unacceptable for a contender. Beauchemin doesn't provide anything to the Sharks that they don't already have.

They don't need Beauchemin because he is not the total solution for what the team needs.
Beauchemin does get involved offensively.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Point shots is the extent of Beauchemin getting involved offensively. The Sharks need more than a trigger man.

Old
12-02-2010, 10:12 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Point shots is the extent of Beauchemin getting involved offensively. The Sharks need more than a trigger man.
What do you think they really need?

Old
12-02-2010, 10:27 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

well i like this deal - right now in fact. We may need to send some cap space to the Leafs also, perhaps Huskins (defensive D) and his 1/7M hit - he's a very good #5/6 D player.

Leafs get a speedy top 6 forward that can play in both ends, with offensive upside. He's a former 1st rounder with some upside that just needs some top 6 ice time to flourish. Sharks get a solid D and puck moving D that we need at this time, past boyle we're not getting much production out of our D and we've got some guys hurt. Kabs would be a good match for the system TMac is playing

Might not be my first choice for a deal to bolster the sharks D if i could choose any NHL D - but i'd do it as a win-win for both sides right now.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
well i like this deal - right now in fact. We may need to send some cap space to the Leafs also, perhaps Huskins (defensive D) and his 1/7M hit - he's a very good #5/6 D player.

Leafs get a speedy top 6 forward that can play in both ends, with offensive upside. He's a former 1st rounder with some upside that just needs some top 6 ice time to flourish. Sharks get a solid D and puck moving D that we need at this time, past boyle we're not getting much production out of our D and we've got some guys hurt. Kabs would be a good match for the system TMac is playing

Might not be my first choice for a deal to bolster the sharks D if i could choose any NHL D - but i'd do it as a win-win for both sides right now.
As a fellow Sharks fan, I completely disagree. Beauchamin is not the answer. Trading Setoguchi at this point is not the answer.

From the way the young guys are playing on defense, we may not need anyone right now. Let's see where the Sharks are closer to the deadline. At this point, they may barely make the playoffs or won't at all. So I'd rather not give up a good young player for a "meh" defenseman like Beauch.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
What do you think they really need?
I've already said what they need.

Old
12-02-2010, 11:11 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
I've already said what they need.
Yeah -- A guy that gets involved in the offence but is still a 2-way guy, that's a guy like Francois Beauchemin. San Jose doesn't need a primarily offensive defenceman. They generate enough puck pressure & chances from their group of forwards and the big questionmark keeping the puck out.

Old
12-02-2010, 11:23 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
As a fellow Sharks fan, I completely disagree. Beauchamin is not the answer. Trading Setoguchi at this point is not the answer.

From the way the young guys are playing on defense, we may not need anyone right now. Let's see where the Sharks are closer to the deadline. At this point, they may barely make the playoffs or won't at all. So I'd rather not give up a good young player for a "meh" defenseman like Beauch.
I agree - I'm refering to Kaberle not Beauchamin.

Have to give up something to get a top player. I don't like losing Seto either, just saying he's not contributing much right now.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
hockeyball

Braun has 1 goal, 3 assists in 4 games so far. He skates well, has an accurate as hell point shot, and it gets to the net consistently. He could be better defensively, but he's already better than I'd expect.

He's not ideal, but he's free, and for now if he keeps up the play and get Demers and Wallin/Huskins back, we will probably slip into the playoffs.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Admiral*

Quote:
You back up your claims with such solid arguments that it's hard to disagree with you...

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Yeah -- A guy that gets involved in the offence but is still a 2-way guy, that's a guy like Francois Beauchemin. San Jose doesn't need a primarily offensive defenceman. They generate enough puck pressure & chances from their group of forwards and the big questionmark keeping the puck out.
No, it's not because Beauchemin does not get involved in the offense. He does the bare minimum from a defenseman. He doesn't lead a rush. He doesn't jump into a rush. He doesn't pinch very much. His involvement in the offense is a decent first pass and a decent point shot. That's it. The Sharks need more offensive presence than that. Hell, I'd rather have a guy like Campbell or Kaberle who isn't all that good defensively but is involved offensively than a two-way guy who has limited offensive IQ like Beauchemin.

And in reality, against the good teams, the Sharks do not generate enough pressure and chances because they don't have enough blue liners that know what they're doing offensively to break out their offense and maintain it in the attacking zone. Pretty much all of their defensive issues are correctable without making any moves. Their offensive production from the blue line isn't because of a lack of talent and consistency past Dan Boyle. Their group of forwards will only do something if their blue liners get them the puck and help them out offensively. Nobody but Boyle and Demers does that on this team and Demers is going to have consistency issues due to his age and experience level.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

vCash: 50
So basically what the Sharks fans are saying is they want Ehrhoff back :p

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugray View Post
So basically what the Sharks fans are saying is they want Ehrhoff back :p
Sharks fans, for the most part, have been saying that since the trade. Even before they played a game they knew his absence was going to create a huge hole and it has yet to be replaced.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Non starter for both teams involved.

Setoguchi does nothing for Toronto that isn't already accomplished via MacArthur, Kulemin, Versteeg & Armstrong. Kaberle does nothing for San Jose that isn't already accomplished by Dan Boyle.
If you honestly think that Toronto doesnt need a young top 6 player like Seto because of the likes of who you mentioned. Then you truly are a leaf fan

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
kaberle better stay... take beauchamin or someone else but not kaberle

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
tpc77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABgunners13 View Post
kaberle better stay... take beauchamin or someone else but not kaberle
Beauch is the guy on the backend that needs to go.
KAberle is our only true offensive minded dman, and beauch is just so so in all facets of the game.
With our depth on D and the emergence of Schenn and soon Aulie, (Defensive first) we wont miss beauch, but we would miss Kaberle.

PLus, he is the one without and kind of NTC, which makes it easier for us to make a deal.

tpc77 is offline   Reply With Quote