HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#23 | New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders | Dec 2 | L 5-6

Old
12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Isles Enforcer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
No one has answered my questions from page 2 or 3? WHY the hell is Jon Sim on the 2nd line, AND the freaking Power Play???

Theres no reason why that no talent ass clown should be on th e power play. No excuses.

And if I can stand up for Gillies for 1 second. yeah he got stripped of the puck, but if you watch the replay, Nielsen, Reese and Hamonic were all standing in a perfect triangle around Gaborik. They are all at fault for just standing there letting the guy take the shot.
No backcheck on him, no boxing him out, no defense.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
IslesArchieFan
Oh Cptn, My Cptn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
No one has answered my questions from page 2 or 3? WHY the hell is Jon Sim on the 2nd line, AND the freaking Power Play???

Theres no reason why that no talent ass clown should be on th e power play. No excuses.

And if I can stand up for Gillies for 1 second. yeah he got stripped of the puck, but if you watch the replay, Nielsen, Reese and Hamonic were all standing in a perfect triangle around Gaborik. They are all at fault for just standing there letting the guy take the shot.
I think your question was not answered because there is no answer. There is no reason why he is out there. There is no reason (besides lack of anyone better) that he got called back from BPort.

IslesArchieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Trots19

Quote:

i think he is on PP2 to stand in front of the net since nobody else does on the PP. the only problem is the PP is so bad they dont get a chance to setup

Trots19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Brunomics

Quote:

Maybe because Capuano saw Sim's dominance and thought that no one could hold him back in the NHL when given a chance!

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesArchieFan View Post
It is extremely disheartening at every TV timeout to watch him skate to the blue line, lean on his knees and hang his head. I am not sure if he is in pain because of his poor play or his physical condition either way the man is not right.
Yea that and the ridiculous amount of times he's stretching out. It's almost like everyone on both teams knows that he's in rough shape.

When he got ran over by Callahan it's like you could tell he was thinking "oh crap I might have just ended his career" look he had on his face. It seems for the most part even other teams are going just a little easier in front of the net on DP compared to Rollie.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:20 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Missed this game, was on the hardwood tonight for 2 tough games.

A glance at the scoresheet is odd

Dylan Reese was a plus 2 when no one else was

and Matt Martin was a minus 3.

Why isn't Comeau playing with JT and Moulson.

Woudn't Satan be better than Sim....
Guerin would be a better fit but you're not far off.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:30 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by promputt View Post
Had pretty good seats for the game tonight, and here are my observations:
-Hamonic though limited as he has much to learn really gets involved physically and just shows so much potential.
-Matinek had a very poor game. He actually looked hurt?
-Schremp gets alot of hate on the boards but I have to say at least he is very involved offensivley,
-For a big guy Joensuu does not hit very hard. Almost seems to ease or slow up into the opponent.
-DiPietro almost seems to suffer from a confidence problem when he gives up a goal.
-Konopka and Gillies really care about the team and their teamates- it just shows on their face and their play.
-Sim and Eaton on the 2nd PP unit- enough said!
-MacDonald will be solid for a very long time
-Martin is the next Nystrom- Hopefully (I am 47 and watched many Nystrom games at the NVMC so I do not write this carelessly).
-The rags fan at the NVMC never have and never will have any class. The chanting is fine, the hats for gaborik I can deal with. I have even learned to live with/ignore the Potvin Cups chant. But the DP sucks chants, show some class guys.
That's all- thanks
FYI: i noticed many of the isles fans in my section and the surrounding sections partaking in the Dp Sucks chant...just sayin'...

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:37 PM
crashthenet

Martinek's worst game as a pro? Wiz not far behind. Neilsen as well.

Good effort by MacDonald, Reese and Hamonic. Still like Grabner.

Comeau gets rewarded for going to the net, any chance he wakes up?

I am truly tired of watching some of these guys, some nhl players please.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
swd1974

Oddly enough our one PP last night was the best it looked in awhile. Maybe Dougie had a positive imact with something.

swd1974 is offline   Reply With Quote