HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Predicament

Old
12-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Islanderfan72

vCash: 500
Team stinks with them and they will stink without them.

In the Islanders situation we can not risk losing moulson and wiz to UFA for nothing. If things stay the way they do (Suckage) and they are not signed, they should be moved for the best available package.

In our situation were we can not sign anyone in UFA, we need to get good returns when we can.

Trade Everyone available for decent returns after trying to get them to sign extensions.

Islanderfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:13 AM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

i cant believe people are just talking about trading moulson when we should just try and sign him

just because he wasnt a first round pick doesnt mean he cant be good long term.,,if any of your young kids had years like this you would be thrilled.

resign him---------> as a second lineri

greasey goals are much easier to repeat than skilled goals

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
GeeoffBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilburyRuinedMyLife View Post
With the odds on the side of us being out of contention at the deadline and a number of potentially useful vets in the last year of their deals (Roloson, Wisniewski, Martinek, Weight, Moulson...) we should be able to pick up some extra picks or prospects. That said, will the fact that we're sitting on the cap floor prevent us from dumping some of these significant salaries? Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm worried that we won't be able to deal these guys because we'll need their salaries on the book to avoid violating the cap floor...
Isles can move those guys for picks and prospects would just have to take a contract back.

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

I disagree that Moulson would want to leave as a UFA. I won't say he would not leave, all depends on the contracts he is offered. Obviously if he is offered a little less on a cup contender it would be appealing to him or someone throws stupid $ at him he has to take it for him and his family.

That said, I could see him understanding the team has a future and maybe he is flattered they'd think he plays a big role in that.

I certainly think he is thankful to NYI for giving him a chance to prove he is an NHL player and that would count for something against the losing. Especially when Okposo gets back and he has a chance to play with another top6 forward.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Brunomics

I really hope if Moulson goes to free agency again after another successful year he bolts this team for greener pastures. He deserves better than to be on this god forsaken team.

How sad is it that I have to hope players leave this team because there is no future with this black hole of a team.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I really hope if Moulson goes to free agency again after another successful year he bolts this team for greener pastures. He deserves better than to be on this god forsaken team.

How sad is it that I have to hope players leave this team because there is no future with this black hole of a team.
I think that this team can salvage itself with some non risky moves... if we signed Satan and traded for Ryder, we get Okposo back. Our forwards look more like an NHL team and we bring Bailey back at some point.

Ryder/JT/Moulson
Okposo/Bailey/Satan
Grabner/Nielsen/Comeau
Sim/Schremp/Martin

Scratches - Konopka, Parenteau

Gillies waived. JJ back in Bport.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
I think that this team can salvage itself with some non risky moves... if we signed Satan and traded for Ryder, we get Okposo back. Our forwards look more like an NHL team and we bring Bailey back at some point.

Ryder/JT/Moulson
Okposo/Bailey/Satan
Grabner/Nielsen/Comeau
Sim/Schremp/Martin

Totally agree with you but it's just wishful thinking, Those types of moves won't happen under Snowang because it means taking on salary.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
majormet

Quote:
Totally agree with you but it's just wishful thinking, Those types of moves won't happen under Snowang because it means taking on salary.
I know, seems so easy. Yeah Ryder is expensive but he would take some burden off of JT, and Satan lives 10 minutes from the arena, and is much better than half our forwards.

Ugh..... tough to be a fan in 2010/2011 LOL, like the Mets of 2009 and the Nets of 2009/10.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy96 View Post
WHAT???

I'm assuming he plans to retire? Because I can't picture him in another jersey for longer than a few months
I can... It makes sense for the Devils.. They can trade him for prospects to help the cause. He can go to a cup contender and win 1 more. Brodeur helps the Devils for the future and has the chance to win 1 more before retiring.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
I know, seems so easy. Yeah Ryder is expensive but he would take some burden off of JT, and Satan lives 10 minutes from the arena, and is much better than half our forwards.

Ugh..... tough to be a fan in 2010/2011 LOL, like the Mets of 2009 and the Nets of 2009/10.
Growing up part of the fun of being a big time fan of a time was imagining trades, pretending to be your heros during road hockey and being totally and completely emotionally invested.

I feel bad for today's young Islander fan. Is there really a worse sports choice right now than this? Major we all talk about possible deals, things that make sense for a team and even as adults knowing that because management hasn't even given this chance to succeed is a bitter bitter thing to feel.

To me this team on a day in and day out basis makes me feel almost as bad as the day Ziggy was traded, and that was easily the lowest point in me being an Islander fan.

{end rant}

Old
12-03-2010, 04:41 PM
majormet

Quote:
Growing up part of the fun of being a big time fan of a time was imagining trades, pretending to be your heros during road hockey and being totally and completely emotionally invested.

I feel bad for today's young Islander fan. Is there really a worse sports choice right now than this? Major we all talk about possible deals, things that make sense for a team and even as adults knowing that because management hasn't even given this chance to succeed is a bitter bitter thing to feel.

To me this team on a day in and day out basis makes me feel almost as bad as the day Ziggy was traded, and that was easily the lowest point in me being an Islander fan.

{end rant}

I think it is nearly the hardest team to be a fan of. I have a bunch of clients in Kansas City (ironically LOL) and they are in their 20's and I talk of how the Royals were a lock on first place in the AL West every year and now .500 is a strange concept. In baseball you don't have a salary cap, so I think being a fan of the KC Royals, Pittsburgh Pirates and Baltimore Orioles would be worse than an Isles fan. Imagine if the Leafs, Rags, and Habs could spend like the Yanks, there would be no hope of ever making the playoffs.

The Islanders could be turned around. They could build another arena without the Lighthouse in the same area as the NVMC, but you would have to turn the team around to begin with. Somewhere between the Milbury style and Snow style at the median is the way to run a hockey team.

Old
12-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:

{end rant}
Turgeon trade?

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 05:50 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
Turgeon trade?
Definitely the worst move in the Isles history. Was such a fan of Turgeon, that trade set us back, I can never forgive Don Maloney for that.

Old
12-03-2010, 06:16 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Definitely the worst move in the Isles history. Was such a fan of Turgeon, that trade set us back, I can never forgive Don Maloney for that.
Forgetting the Yashin deal?? We are still paying him

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 06:58 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Though still early but there have been some talks that if The Devils tank they will trade Martin Brodeur to Washington for there prospects.
Lou may be making bad decisions lately, but he knows better than to do that.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
Turgeon trade?
I wasn't as invested in the Isles as I was during the Ziggy trade, it hurt but I was more emotionally invested when Milbury made that trade.

Old
12-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
The one thing I hope for is for Snow to show respect to Roloson and trade him to a cup contender. It doesn't have to be a blockbuster deal, but the man deserves a chance, in my opinion. He always gave 100% to this team from what I've seen.

...he did it for Guerin.
AGREED 1000000000000%...AND HELL MAYBE OFFER HIM A 1 YR DEAL NEXT SEASON

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:

Ryder/JT/Moulson
Okposo/Bailey/Satan
Grabner/Nielsen/Comeau
Sim/Schremp/Martin

iNSERT kONOPKA FOR SIM... we need his faceoff skills along with his toughness

Old
12-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

From the Isles point of view they have to sign WIZ AND MOULSON.....the real question is....will those player want to sign with the Isles?