HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

39th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Gum is Out.

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
OT: 39th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Gum is Out.

Quote:
Last edited by Hollywood Cannon: Today at 01:58 PM.

Old
12-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach J View Post
I am actively on the search again. No brash actions planned here. I don't think I've ever been this jaded about the workplace as I am now.
Eh **** happens. I'm like that right now in terms of feelings about the soup company itself. I said before, I've been here going on almost 4 years now as a contractor, and have applied endlessly for positions for probably close to the past year, including anything and everything as long as it's semi in conjuction with what I do, and I've never gotten a call from them. The HR people know me, and the company keeps sending me out to get trained for different programs, and it's still not enough. I'm really ****ing bitter about it being as though I feel like I'm wasting my time here, but there's nothing you can do about it. I just come in now, do the motions and go home. That's why if I ever get offered a job from another company, I'll shove it down their throats and won't blink an eye on the way out when they have no idea what to do. It's also the fact that when people ask me how to do something, I'll never show them. They'd essentially be ****ed without me.

Old
12-03-2010, 01:27 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Maybe they're creating another position doing the same thing. Are you super busy a lot?
Not really, also I think if someone were being brought in for an additional position a computer would have to be ordered

Old
12-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
O RLY?
Oh grow up....
haha

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Kambo

Quote:
O RLY?
Ohhh haiiiii! But really though, I have been single for quite a bit of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
It's just December. I need time!
Nonsense. Plus, according to the weather people it's supposed to be a pretty mild winter this year, and not nearly as much snow. I know they can't be trusted, but I'm trying to get the snow when I can.

Old
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
O RLY?
I was wondering how long that um... dangler was going to... stick out there.

*chortle*

Old
12-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post

*chortle*
No worries. It never really takes me that ..............loooooooonnnngggg, to uh, grasp these sort of things.

Old
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post

*chortle*

I was so expecting a "that's what she said" comment outta someone -- are you guys slipping on a Friday afternoon, or what?

Old
12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
No worries. It never really takes me that ..............loooooooonnnngggg, to uh, grasp these sort of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Simpsons
(Manjula and Apu are playing Marge and Homer in badminton.)
Manjula: Apu, you keep scoring while my back is turned!
(Homer and Marge make nervous noises)
Manjula: Are you sure you're not cheating?
(Homer and Marge make nervous noises)
Apu: Now Manjula, do you want me to find another partner?
Marge: No, no! Let's just keep playing. Uh... what's the score?
Homer: Dirty love... I mean thirty-love... uh, um... anyone for penis? D'oh! I'll just get the shuttlecock... D'oh!

Old
12-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Eh **** happens. I'm like that right now in terms of feelings about the soup company itself. I said before, I've been here going on almost 4 years now as a contractor, and have applied endlessly for positions for probably close to the past year, including anything and everything as long as it's semi in conjuction with what I do, and I've never gotten a call from them. The HR people know me, and the company keeps sending me out to get trained for different programs, and it's still not enough. I'm really ****ing bitter about it being as though I feel like I'm wasting my time here, but there's nothing you can do about it. I just come in now, do the motions and go home. That's why if I ever get offered a job from another company, I'll shove it down their throats and won't blink an eye on the way out when they have no idea what to do. It's also the fact that when people ask me how to do something, I'll never show them. They'd essentially be ****ed without me.
My friend just went through the same thing with the city. She was in the sqme job title I was. Her boss (the programmer) was going on mat leave so they posted it. After she killed the practical presentation (much like me) she was told she didn't pass the interview (like me) and thus lost out on the position to someone else. Keep in mind shes pretty much been doing the job for the last 6 months while hr boss was super pregnant. Well, she applies for a position in another city and beats out 150 other applicants for a rec programmer position.

The city I'm in, much like the company you're with seems totally ****ed. They hand pick who they want and make the marking see it through.

Old
12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
You're just setting yourself up now....

Old
12-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Kambo

Quote:
My friend just went through the same thing with the city. She was in the sqme job title I was. Her boss (the programmer) was going on mat leave so they posted it. After she killed the practical presentation (much like me) she was told she didn't pass the interview (like me) and thus lost out on the position to someone else. Keep in mind shes pretty much been doing the job for the last 6 months while hr boss was super pregnant. Well, she applies for a position in another city and beats out 150 other applicants for a rec programmer position.

The city I'm in, much like the company you're with seems totally ****ed. They hand pick who they want and make the marking see it through.
Pretty much. It annoys me to no ****ing end too, how companies rely so heavily on the interview. You should just be able to go in, have them give you the job description, then you tell them what you do, what your skills are in reference to said job, ask any questions you may have and that's it. Why ask these ****ing stupid brain teaser questions, like "Why do you want to work here? How did find out about us? How would your friends and coworkers describe you?" Like I just want a job, so I can make as much money as possible. There's nothing fancy about your company, except for the fact that you have a position available that sounds like something I do/ would want to do. End of story.

Old
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Don Nachbaur 26

Going to my first Flyers game in the whatever it's called this week building tomorrow. Saw plenty of games in the Old Spectrum and up in Boston but nothing in the new one. Hitting the Philadium pre-game. Can't ****ing wait..

Old
12-03-2010, 02:31 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Oh grow up....
haha
Never!

Old
12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:

I haven't followed all your updates, but the guy that got the job, Is he the one that has been in the position for the last few months ?

Old
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
flyersguy33*

beer

Quote:
The critically acclaimed Exit series from Flying Fish Brewery is getting a new sibling. Exit 13 Chocolate Stout is in transit to your local distributor and bottle shop as you read this. But before you hoard up the very limited bottle supply, you can get a taste on draft at The Pub on Passyunk East this coming Tuesday, December 7th at 7 P.M. Brewmaster Casey Hughes will be on hand to discuss the big and beasty chocolate elixir with fans and friends.

Sounds interesting, never had a beer like that before. Has anyone here before had anything like it?

Old
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I haven't followed all your updates, but the guy that got the job, Is he the one that has been in the position for the last few months ?
Yeah...he's been acting in the position. To me, this is why it screams of management having handpicked the person they wanted.

When they brought him in, he had zero operational and working experience in ice rinks. He continues to have no working experience in ice rinks. Or special events.

I understand that the fact he was acting in the position gives him some leverage in the situation, but the fact he was acting in the first place was and continues to be confounding.

Old
12-03-2010, 06:09 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
beer

Sounds interesting, never had a beer like that before. Has anyone here before had anything like it?
I had a chocolate beer at the AC Beer Festival last year. I don't remember the brewery but I didn't like it. Than again I don't like chocolate.

Old
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
I had a chocolate beer at the AC Beer Festival last year. I don't remember the brewery but I didn't like it. Than again I don't like chocolate.
I blew a dude at Burning Man last year. I don't remember who but I didn't like it. Then again, I'm not gay.

Old
12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
beer

If you like stouts you'll probably like it. Chocolate flavors mix real well with them.

Old
12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Black Ice

Quote:
Already? It's December man. That stuff normally tends to happen around this time of year Plus, I'm not talking about 4 feet of snow again. I just want a few inches.
After last winter I don't need to see snow for a few more years.

Old
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=140297804

I want it so bad!!!!!!!

I've always wanted Lays Ketchup Flavored potato chips signed by Michael Leighton!!!!!

Old
12-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Spav1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=140297804

I want it so bad!!!!!!!

I've always wanted Lays Ketchup Flavored potato chips signed by Michael Leighton!!!!!
Does it include CPR instructions for when you choke in big games?

Old
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Start Leighton*

I honestly don't think anybody is going to bid on that.

Old
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
I honestly don't think anybody is going to bid on that.
Not at 2,000. I might spend spend $80 on it though. The blocker and helmet are probably worth like $600 new.

Closed Thread