HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will or should Desharnais get a REAL shot this season?

Old
12-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Andros777

vCash: 500
He should be the first callup when we need someone on the top six I think. Leave Pacioretty down so he can build on his success all season and let him make the team out of camp next year.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
From every scouting report and analysis I read on him, he will be a winger, not a center for us. His game translates better as a winger. His faceoff skills are not that great.
Well the same problem exists for a top 6 winger to break in the with club as it is for a center, unless you don't want to re-sign AK next year. I think it really does come down to Desharnais or Pacioretty, and I (the Habs as well) would take Max 10 times out 10. He'll get a call up if say we lost a couple of top sixers but beyond that, we don't see him in a MTL uniform.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'm pretty sure one of our forward will get injured eventualy. We've been very lucky this season, except for Markov, and Desharnais could get a call up, even though i believe that Patch will be up before him. If we don't have more than one AHL call-up this year it means... we are beyond lucky.

EDIT Also Gomez and Plek have almost never been injured in their whole career. Eller seems very durable also.
Holy knock on wood batman.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 02:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Will or should Desharnais get a shot to play an offensive type of role with the Habs this season or are we going to risk losing him for nothing on waivers next fall (hello tampa!)?

The reason I ask now is the following. Pacioretty just won the player of the month award in the AHL and some here are saying he is bound to get called up to play on the top 2 lines this season. But if you look at the AHL scoring leaders, Desharnais is tied with him in points and has been far more consistent in production both this and last season.

Seems to me if one deserves a shot this year so does the other. I know' patches is the big body we need and Desharnais is another shorty but shorties at fwd is what got us somewhere last spring. At least they certainly helped.
I think it would depend on who gets injured, what kind of role you want the call to replace. The real test for Desharnais will be at the next camp in the fall, cause that's when he has to clear waivers to be sent down.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote