HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Marco Sturm Not Traded to the Kings (Medical Issues at Play)

Old
12-03-2010, 03:22 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
lololol keep talking **** but we'd all know if I was GM, Trevor Lewis & Tyler Toffoli would be on the first line with Kopitar
Ha! You're answer for the first line is Lewis and Toffoli ?!? At least my idea wasn't absolutely ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Lewis has been impressive this year. But he's not a top line scorer by any stretch of the imagination.

Did my proposal overpay a bit? Yes. But, if you give anyone with any hockey knowledge a choice between Michalek and Brown/Williams flanking Kopitar or Toffoli & Lewis, you're going to get laughed out of the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I seem to remember someone on here proposed something similar a while back to get Sturm from Boston. Turns out a conditional pick was enough. Lets leave the deals to the GM's and not the fans..
And just for clarity, you don't think it was me that proposed something similar for Sturm? I certainly wouldn't have for a 32-yr old pending UFA with a history of knee injuries.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:22 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

LOL AT&T well done Hauspaint

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
Ha! You're answer for the first line is Lewis and Toffoli ?!? At least my idea wasn't absolutely ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Lewis has been impressive this year. But he's not a top line scorer by any stretch of the imagination.

Did my proposal overpay a bit? Yes. But, if you give anyone with any hockey knowledge a choice between Michalek and Brown/Williams flanking Kopitar or Toffoli & Lewis, you're going to get laughed out of the room.
Hahahahahaha it was a joke, Trevor Lewis is a 4th line center, maybe 3rd liner at BEST and Toffoli will eventually be on our 1st or 2nd line as the sniper. Lewis is finally starting to show confidence and that's really what he needed, new linemates (no one succeeds with Ivanans and Harrold as their wingers) and a change of mentality.

Toffoli on the other hand is 2-3 years away from making the Kings roster, but will eventually be that sniper we're looking for, believe me haha I've watched enough of his games.

Old
12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hahahahahaha it was a joke, Trevor Lewis is a 4th line center, maybe 3rd liner at BEST and Toffoli will eventually be on our 1st or 2nd line as the sniper. Lewis is finally starting to show confidence and that's really what he needed, new linemates (no one succeeds with Ivanans and Harrold as their wingers) and a change of mentality.

Toffoli on the other hand is 2-3 years away from making the Kings roster, but will eventually be that sniper we're looking for, believe me haha I've watched enough of his games.
OK, just making sure. I LOVE what Lewis is doing this year, but he's no 1st liner.

Toffoli certainly sounds promising. I know his line mate is up there in points too (likely for setting him up). Why do you say 2-3 years away? Not strong enough? I remember thinking it looked like he already had good size for a 19 year old, but I haven't seen him play at all.

Old
12-03-2010, 03:34 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
OK, just making sure. I LOVE what Lewis is doing this year, but he's no 1st liner.

Toffoli certainly sounds promising. I know his line mate is up there in points too (likely for setting him up). Why do you say 2-3 years away? Not strong enough? I remember thinking it looked like he already had good size for a 19 year old, but I haven't seen him play at all.
He's a 92, and he still has to work on his skating a little bit, which is one of the reasons he didn't get a camp invite for the WJC Canadian team, which I'm still very upset about. It would've been nice to see Schenn, Vey and Toffoli all represent Canada, quite unfortunate. But ya, Toffoli's only 18 and I think he goes back to Ottawa next year but the year after could really show what he's up to, if he has a strong camp then there's a possibility and it depends on if we're in need of a RW or whatever, if not, let him develop in Manchester until he becomes that bonafide 1st line sniper, he reminds me so much of Dany Heatley lol, I hate comparisons but ya, just thought I'd put that out

Old
12-03-2010, 03:37 PM
outofrange

This entire thing has been hilarious and it did remind me of the Summer of Chuck.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
This entire thing has been hilarious and it did remind me of the Summer of Chuck.
Not even close. I was GLUED to my computer screen at work. Refreshing 5 or 6 different pages every 10 minutes. This was certainly a more dynamic situation than your typical trade rumor/announcement, but it doesn't even scratch the surface of the Summer of Chuck.

I would really like to see a statistical breakdown of my work productivity during and after the Kovalchuk signing.

Old
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
lololol keep talking **** but we'd all know if I was GM, Trevor Lewis & Tyler Toffoli would be on the first line with Kopitar
Speaking of Toffoli, why aren't you attending more 67's games and giving us LA peeps some scouting reports?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Johnny Utah

Anyone able to get that Lombardi interview to work?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Speaking of Toffoli, why aren't you attending more 67's games and giving us LA peeps some scouting reports?
I do attend their games lol and watch them on TV, like I said, I'm shocked that he wasn't invited to the camp, the kid is a sniper and he's got good size. The line he's on right is rolling, one of the top lines in the OHL and they're producing very much so. Only problem with TT is his skating, in my opinion, he's very responsible defensively and is good in his own end, he's just got to become a more smooth skater and that'll come along, we really did steal him in the 2nd round and this kid will be a first liner soon enough

Old
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Blikian29

Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Anyone able to get that Lombardi interview to work?
Sure did.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Hoc.../ID=1678668325

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote