HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#26: Bruins @ Flyers - Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Well, I just think he is one of the most talented players in the league, but he obviously has his problems that dont let him break through. So I am interested to see if he is ever able to do this, and if anybody is ever able to utilize his potential.

As far as defending him from the proponents of "blue collar hockey", you are right, this is a stupid thing to do.
We're not just proponents of blue collar hockey, we appreciate dangles and beautiful plays just as much. It's just that Zherdev doesn't seem to know what his role is and he looks lost on the ice. Most of his decisions are bad although I will give him credit for trying to play defensively of late. I just don't think he has enough going on to be even a remotely complete player.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Well, I just think he is one of the most talented players in the league, but he obviously has his problems that dont let him break through. So I am interested to see if he is ever able to do this, and if anybody is ever able to utilize his potential.

As far as defending him from the proponents of "blue collar hockey", you are right, this is a stupid thing to do.
It is true. We only love blue collar hockey. You should see the **** that Claude Giroux gets on this board... we hate that mother****er.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
We're not just proponents of blue collar hockey, we appreciate dangles and beautiful plays just as much. It's just that Zherdev doesn't seem to know what his role is and he looks lost on the ice. Most of his decisions are bad although I will give him credit for trying to play defensively of late. I just don't think he has enough going on to be even a remotely complete player.
This is exactly how I see it. He has holes in his game that need fixing. I see that he is working hard, though I honestly believe that alot of times he just doesn't "know" what to do. New coach, new system, new teammates its easy to understand why. We are almost 1/3 of the way through the regular season. He has to iron these out if he wants to earn top 6 minutes. Especially in this league, especially on this team, and especially with this coach. Not sure what it is going to take?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Just finished watching the whole Bruins game and I thought Zherdev played a very good game. Moved the puck, backchecked, threw his weight around - esp. vs. Chara. I didn't think his offensive decisions were bad. Carter had about six excellent scoring chances, incl. two deflections, the rebound off Briere's great bang bang play from Hartnell, and a couple others that Thomas robbed him on or got blocked by the D. That game was very close, with the early PP goal playing a huge factor.

The Flyers could've scored six goals but didn't get any. That's the way it goes in hockey sometimes. I said before the year I thought the Bruins would be one of the best teams in the East, and they are showing it. I still think the Flyers can beat them in a series, but it will not be as easy as last year.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:19 AM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
it will not be as easy as last year.
I'm pretty sure last year was literally as hard as it possibly could have been to beat them hahaha

HartsyMania is offline   Reply With Quote