HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there any reason to believe

Old
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Isles Junkie

vCash: 500
Is there any reason to believe

That even if Mark & Kyle were healthy that this team would be anywhere close to the playoff hunt? Forget playoffs, what about close to .500

What a disaster of a club this is. and it isn't just because they're missing their 2 best players. Oh of course that hurts, but even with them I can't say the NYI would have any more than 3 more wins.

What is Jack Capuano (and Gordon) and the coaching staff doing here? Same lines over and over and over. Every damn night they roll out the same stinkin' lines and they do absolutely nothing. It is the very definition of crazy.

AGAIN, down by 1 goal, last minute of the game and Jack Hillen and PAP are out there on the ice? WHY? With this rag tag group of players you have to put out Moulson, Tavares, Neilsen/Schremp, Hamonic/MacDonald, Wisniewski in this situation. I can't stand it. Every god damn time this club pulls their goalie they just roll whatever line is next. WTF? Do the Penguins not put Crosby, Stall & Malkin out there when they're down a goal in the final minute? I mean am I crazy here for wanting to put the teams best players on the ice, even if they aren't a line that plays together all the time in this situation?

I can tolerate losing. I can no longer tolerate losing because the coaching staff either doesn't have the ability (because of demands from the front office/owner) OR he doesn't have the knowhow to change up these lousy lines.

And another thing, does this club EVER pull their goalie mid game? DiPietro has had at least 3 games where he's given up 5 goals or more and not once was he yanked? What are they worried about? That his feelings will be hurt? It's more damning to the teams psyche keeping a goalie who clearly doesn't have it that night, in the net, then it does upsetting your lifetime goalie who just let up his 4th goal of the 2nd period. Even if the defense is lousy, sometimes you make the change just to send the team a message. The game vs the rags was proof of that.

I am at my wits end
/rant

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 12-03-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Nope. The more and more I watch the young guys, the more I get depressed. This team is going NOWHERE. They should start all over again.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Brunomics

no sorry buddy us Isles fans are pretty much ****ed, all you can do now is watch the games for what they are and realize that this team is just a big pile of steaming ****.

Personally I'm tired of Snow and Wang pissing on us and calling it rain. We've all been bull****ted for way too long by those con artists.

Last edited by Brunomics: 12-03-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
no, there isnt.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Isles Junkie

Forget the lousy team though. Can the coach do SOMETHING to change up the lines? Is he allowed to do anything?

Granted it's only a few responses in, but no one is saying IJ, You're crazy for thinking the front office/owner is filling out the lineup card.

THAT'S A PROBLEM that such a crazy notion is even remotely possible on LI. This is so embarrassing.

I don't even care, they can lose every game the rest of the season. Like I said, it isn't the losing that bothers me. It's putting out the same lines night after night thinking something is going to change.

Tavares - Schremp - Moulson

So what 2 players are out of position. What's the worst that can happen? They lose another game? try something damnit.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
I think this also sums it up quite perfectly...

@KatieStrangNYI

Dan Boyle with the empty-netter with 02. 6 seconds to play
26 minutes ago via web

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Ziggy96
Pleeeeassee Garth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
That even if Mark & Kyle were healthy that this team would be anywhere close to the playoff hunt? Forget playoffs, what about close to .500

What a disaster of a club this is. and it isn't just because they're missing their 2 best players. Oh of course that hurts, but even with them I can't say the NYI would have any more than 3 more wins.

What is Jack Capuano (and Gordon) and the coaching staff doing here? Same lines over and over and over. Every damn night they roll out the same stinkin' lines and they do absolutely nothing. It is the very definition of crazy.

AGAIN, down by 1 goal, last minute of the game and Jack Hillen and PAP are out there on the ice? WHY? With this rag tag group of players you have to put out Moulson, Tavares, Neilsen/Schremp, Hamonic/MacDonald, Wisniewski in this situation. I can't stand it. Every god damn time this club pulls their goalie they just roll whatever line is next. WTF? Do the Penguins not put Crosby, Stall & Malkin out there when they're down a goal in the final minute? I mean am I crazy here for wanting to put the teams best players on the ice, even if they aren't a line that plays together all the time in this situation?

I can tolerate losing. I can no longer tolerate losing because the coaching staff either doesn't have the ability (because of demands from the front office/owner) OR he doesn't have the knowhow to change up these lousy lines.

And another thing, does this club EVER pull their goalie mid game? DiPietro has had at least 3 games where he's given up 5 goals or more and not once was he yanked? What are they worried about? That his feelings will be hurt? It's more damning to the teams psyche keeping a goalie who clearly doesn't have it that night, in the net, then it does upsetting your lifetime goalie who just let up his 4th goal of the 2nd period. Even if the defense is lousy, sometimes you make the change just to send the team a message. The game vs the rags was proof of that.

I am at my wits end
/rant
You know, in Nolan's last season I never at any point believed they were tanking for Stamkos. In Gordon's first season the idea that they were throwing games for Tavares never crossed my mind.

This season though, as crazy as it sounds, I really feel as though Snow is looking to add another top talent through the draft and is sabotaging this team- since the players would never tank on purpose.

I just, I don't know- what other explanation is there? A neophyte coach is cut loose to bring in an even less competant man at the helm, the team captain has taken on a coach's role, we have no suitable #3 in case we lose DP or, worse, Rollie.

I really feel as though Snow has his eye on one of Coutuier, Larsson or RNH.

Actually, knowing him, we'll probably trade down for Dougie Hamilton or Landeskog

Ziggy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Isles Junkie

See and I don't even know who any of those players are really. I know Coutuier & Larsson are hyped. But seriously what's the point?

You simply can't have a roster full of 19-23 year old players and expect to win.

Even Crosby had LeClaire, Palffy & Ricci to play with his rookie year. Who is Coutuier going to have?

Old
12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
On Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy96 View Post
You know, in Nolan's last season I never at any point believed they were tanking for Stamkos. In Gordon's first season the idea that they were throwing games for Tavares never crossed my mind.

This season though, as crazy as it sounds, I really feel as though Snow is looking to add another top talent through the draft and is sabotaging this team- since the players would never tank on purpose.

I just, I don't know- what other explanation is there? A neophyte coach is cut loose to bring in an even less competant man at the helm, the team captain has taken on a coach's role, we have no suitable #3 in case we lose DP or, worse, Rollie.

I really feel as though Snow has his eye on one of Coutuier, Larsson or RNH.

Actually, knowing him, we'll probably trade down for Dougie Hamilton or Landeskog
I don't think so. That would imply that they had a plan. I honestly feel that Wang and Snow ultimately could care less about the on ice product. They work harder at keeping at the cap floor than they do trying to put a competitive team on the ice.

For the first time as a fan since '72 I refuse to spend another dime on this team and will not ever again until I see some sign of reciprocation from ownership. F Wang.

On Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Ziggy96
Pleeeeassee Garth...

Quote:
See and I don't even know who any of those players are really. I know Coutuier & Larsson are hyped. But seriously what's the point?

You simply can't have a roster full of 19-23 year old players and expect to win.

Even Crosby had LeClaire, Palffy & Ricci to play with his rookie year. Who is Coutuier going to have?
None of that matters to Snow, he's somehow gotten it into his head that a group of spunky teenagers can take on proven NHL players in their prime if only they believe in themselves and have a grizzled veteran (Weight) to rally around.

Coutuier is going to have nobody, Tavares and Bailey currently have nobody. When Petrov, Nino and the rest come up they'll have nobody because the team has no structure, the players have nobody to learn from and if they don't bring in somebody soon their development is done.

But maybe we're to blame, if I'm not mistaken, the draft party is usually more well attended than 96% of our regular season games. Maybe Garth is just giving us what he thinks we want

Ziggy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

If they accept the level of failure here, the management is implicit in that failure. There's no way a GM or owner looks at what Capuano does each night and thinks, well, he's doing what he can. Because he isn't.

MOULSON - TAVARES - GRABNER

Try it for one ******* period! See what happens!

But with Capuano, we get ParentNO on that RW every damn game, every damn shift, and now Sim on the powerplay. If this isn't tanking, what the hell is?

They are trying to drive away the fans so they can move the team without complaint. And it's working.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Nope.

Get used to it as long as Snow and Wang are in charge.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Islanderfan72

No. 2015 can't come quick enough. I used to believe this team was building through the draft. Now I realize it is just a ploy to get fans into the arena till they can get out of the lease and be moved.

It makes me sick.

Its funny if you rewind 17 games. Back then there was so much promise. MWHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Can't wait to see the crowd in March. Boy is it going to be empty

"Hey Islander fans we are going to raise ticket prices 20% so you can enjoy the worst team in the NHL and maybe the worst NHL team ever!"

Islanderfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:13 PM
KyleBailey12

It physically makes me sick. It's hard being a Islander fan.

I just don't understand why things haven't changed. I'm assuming they suspect the average Islander fan thinks the change is Gordon being fired, but when you replace him with a coach who preaches the same system, the change was pointless.

How can management not recognize the uselessness of Parenteau, Hunter? I feel like they are blind, or just not watching the games.

The mission in the beginning of the season was playoffs. If that is still the mission now, which I bet if you ask Garth "Is the goal still the playoffs this season?" He would say "Of Course!"

Still I see no changes. I know Bridgeport call-ups could be considered a change, but I'm sorry no one from Bridgeport can help us make the playoffs. I guess I can answer my own question and say it is all about money, and the arena.

I said it once and will say it again, it's hard being an Islander fan.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Isles Junkie

Do they stream Bettmans show online? It's a call in show right? We should flood his studio with calls complaining that Jon Sim is on our PP unit and we fear the NYI are tanking on purpose.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Hell IIRC a year or 2 ago on Francessas show Wang said something along the lines of (paraphrase) "if you're going to be bad, it doesn't pay to just be a little bad, you have to be really bad." basically meaning what's the point in finishing 19th and have the 11th pick when you can finish last & have the 1st pick.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Isles Junkie

Would this team even win the Calder Cup? Would they contend for the Calder Cup? I'm really not so sure. Boy I'm depressed.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:54 PM
John TavArt Ross

Listen.. When you use a player who has been gone for years, to reach the cap MINIMUM, while many teams are struggling to get under the MAXIMUM, you cannot expect much.

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
majormet

Imagine if the Islanders merged with the Coyotes and how many guys from last night's game would still be in the NHL

Sim, Schremp, Hillen, Parenteau and Konopka are AHL Players

Grabner is a project

Wisniewski and Eaton are bottom pairing guys playing up.

Gillies would have a hard time playing in the Dix Hills Arena

Martin and Hamonic would be in the AHL developing

JJ would be a healthy scratch most nights

That leaves only 4 NHL worthy forwards in Moulson, JT, Comeau and Nielsen

As for D, MacDonald, Martinek would see 20 minutes a night at least for most of the NHL teams.

The problem here is a lack of creativity on Snow's part in the offseason.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
John TavArt Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Imagine if the Islanders merged with the Coyotes and how many guys from last night's game would still be in the NHL

Grabner is a project

As for D, MacDonald, Martinek would see 20 minutes a night at least for most of the NHL teams.

I always agree with all of your posts, but you've gotta admit you're being very nice about the bolded guys here. I do even wonder if Moulson would be as good as he is when not seeing top minutes. JT, However, will only be as good as his surroundings. He will never be at the level we all want him to be without some scoring, veteran presence. (see Stamkos with St. Louis.)

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasm37 View Post
I always agree with all of your posts, but you've gotta admit you're being very nice about the bolded guys here. I do even wonder if Moulson would be as good as he is when not seeing top minutes. JT, However, will only be as good as his surroundings. He will never be at the level we all want him to be without some scoring, veteran presence. (see Stamkos with St. Louis.)
Comeau and Nielsen would be bottom 6 guys on most teams. I think Comeau needs a good coach and Nielsen is very smart, they are not star players. I will admit I misjudged Comeau as a top 6 guy, the brains are not there, and streaky players don't belong in top 6 offenses, but if you were the Flyers (who are a very good team), you would have Comeau and Nielsen suit up in your bottom 6.

MacDonald and Martinek would be solid players on most teams, they are NHL worthy unlike Mottau, Gervais, and Hillen.

I agree about your JT and surroundings comment, and Moulson is a low talent, high IQ guy, he gets better, so he might even be better with a deeper roster and less minutes. Thinking Moulson on Pittsburgh's 2nd Line would be a great garbage man.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post

Grabner is a project

I disagree 100% about Konopka. He serves his role well.

It's strange to say, but his plus faceoff skills may actually hurt him in a weird way. Say there's 10 seconds left and you're down by 1 goal and you have the offensive faceoff. You want him out there. But once he wins that faceoff, you don't want him on the ice anymore.

But as a 4th line player, he's definitely NHL caliber. I'm surprised you said that about him.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:34 AM
majormet

Quote:
I disagree 100% about Konopka. He serves his role well.

It's strange to say, but his plus faceoff skills may actually hurt him in a weird way. Say there's 10 seconds left and you're down by 1 goal and you have the offensive faceoff. You want him out there. But once he wins that faceoff, you don't want him on the ice anymore.

But as a 4th line player, he's definitely NHL caliber. I'm surprised you said that about him.
Yeah I just don't like him as a player, he tends to start fights when we finally gain the zone. He doesn't clear the puck on the PK enough. Gets a lot of misconducts, and you are right about the faceoffs, you are better off losing the faceoff with JT and dealing with attacking the zone, since Konopka has no offensive skills.

Bottom line to me, is that he is not as good as Thompson, Bergenheim or Park, and I am not in any way saying we should bring those guys back. My defense is always Tampa Bay who took 2 of those guys and dumped this guy.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:54 AM
lacunacoil777

The original poster asked why dipietro never gets pulled mid game. The answer is that Dipetro is like family to wang. Wang is pulling the strings. Wang is running this show.

lacunacoil777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:18 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
It would be nice if Wang/Snow read all the irate comments from fans across the plains of the internet. They deserve the flack.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
It would be nice if Wang/Snow read all the irate comments from fans across the plains of the internet. They deserve the flack.
what I find funny is that no one is blaming the people who are responsible for this mess. The Town of Hempstead. this has gone on since long before Wang got here. Remember the Millsteins? Wang may not be a good owner but he has kept the team alive. and lost at least 50M doing so.

Im not saying he has done things the best way possible because he hasnt, but I am saying The local politicos have done everything possible to hurt this franchise, and have done so since way back when I was a hofstra Student and They saddled the Isles with Al D'amato's Cronies SMG. Even during the dynasty the Town harrased the team because of traffic on Hempstead turnpike, and saying the team brought undesirable elements too close to the california avenue school, Garden city residents even biamed the Isles for lower property values by saying the Team drew drug addicts from queens out to hempstead.

I kid you not, I lived there year round then and honestly I have to give much more blame to the corrupt politicians in Hempstead than I do wang. As I say he is far from blameless but this started way before the man got here, and John Pickett was the first person to call attention to it. I just think far to many people are giving the real culprits of this travesty a pass

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote