HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's worse?

Old
12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
John TavArt Ross

vCash: 500
What's worse?

P.A. on the first line or Sim (who has been waived numerous times) on the powerplay?

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:08 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasm37 View Post
P.A. on the first line or Sim (who has been waived numerous times) on the powerplay?
Wow very tough question....... that is like asking where would you rather not live Baghdad or Fallujah LOL

I am going to say, PAP on the first line. I mean Crapuano hasn't changed his hairstyle since Saturday Night Fever came out, so what makes anyone think he will change his lines.

Parenteau constantly goes to Moulson's side and the effs Moulson up repeatedly.

Comeau and JT really clicked last year, and I think you improve 2 situations by combining them.

Sim on the PP is not good either, but the options are very bad when you suit up Gillies and Konopka.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:16 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

I'm done with PA (as if I wasn't 15 games ago). If Snow doesn't make a trade to get an actual NHL player, at least recall Bailey and Rakhshani and waive PA and Sim.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:20 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
I'm done with PA (as if I wasn't 15 games ago). If Snow doesn't make a trade to get an actual NHL player, at least recall Bailey and Rakhshani and waive PA and Sim.
I know Ryder would do a lot for this team, because he is a decent NHL player, which we don't have many of.

There is a reason why the non playoff Rangers felt that they would rather pay Boogaard then retain PAP

Old
12-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Isles Junkie

I'm going to say Sim on the PP because at least with Parenteau he has some offensive ability. Sim on the other hand? I don't think he makes any other teams NHL roster.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:35 AM
OpAck

Parenteau, IMO...is probably the worst player I've seen suit up for the Isles in maybe 10 years. Karpovtsev was up there...but I didn't really count him because he played all of 1 or 2 games. Even more so than Kvasha. And Comrie. And even Papineau and Sim. I'm serious. The guy just does not see the ice well and cannot read plays for the life of him.

Did you see him on that 2 on 1 tonight with Moulson? Moulson was clearly expecting him to criss-cross...but PAP never did, he just hugged the boards. ON A 2 ON 1!!! He was able to pass it and luckily, they had a pretty scoring chance...but he's just horrendous. And again, I've seen him try to make plays when plays cannot be made. He'll have a man open at the point, but instead he'll pass it to Moulson out in front of the net...somehow assuming the puck will magically have some invisible capability that makes it go through the 2 or 3 sticks/players in the path of his horrific pass.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
I am going to say, PAP on the first line. I mean Crapuano hasn't changed his hairstyle since Saturday Night Fever came out, so what makes anyone think he will change his lines.
To be fair, Capuano has only been here for what 5 games? Gordon wasn't changing his lines either. I don't think he was allowed to change his lines.

i'm really starting to believe Charles Wang is filling out the lineup card.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:38 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
To be fair, Capuano has only been here for what 5 games? Gordon wasn't changing his lines either. I don't think he was allowed to change his lines.

hehee crapuano keeps them close in games so far,... but it was a jab at that Tony Manero 1978 haircut that is embarrassing as f***ck to look at.

Old
12-04-2010, 01:05 AM
lacunacoil777

I hate to trade away youth but its time for Snow to consider trading Cody Rosens rights for a NHL sniper. Make the call garth. Id pay to hear those calls.

lacunacoil777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

I'm with ya. What the heck does ANYONE think Capuano could do to come in here after a 10 game losing streak and change things around with a team that boasts Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau as its first line.

And heck, with Gillies, Sim, Martin, Joensuu and Grabner in the line-up, what other options are there?

No doubt, Sim on the PP is ugly. I'd have no problem with it from a feistiness standpoint, but the man has hands of stone and does nothing but get tossed around like a ragdoll only to himself get penalized, even when hasn't committed a penalty.

Basically, Snow needs to add something from the outside - there's nothing guys from BPort can do right now to right this ship.

Rak WILL get a look this season... don't worry.

As for Bailey, well he had two PP assists last night in the first and then disappeared as Springfield outscored BPort 5-1 after that point.

Gordon:
Didn't change the lines??? Are you kidding... he never kept them together. Those guys were rotating with reckless abandon. They had hardly any time to get used to each other. At least Capuano is TRYING to let certain players gain some chemistry. Gordon was even quoted by Howie as having said "He doesn't believe in fixed lines. Everyone should be able to play with everyone at any given time.", or something to that effect.

PA
And sorry, for all his little faults, Parenteau is STILL carrying and sometimes distributing the puck better than just about everybody on this team.

It's not the individual players, it's the make-up and other miscasting of this team that has them creating new heights in patheticism.

I mean seriously, this is our RW side:
Parenteau
Sim
Joensuu
Martin

If it weren't for Moulson, the patheticism of this RW side would only be outdone by that of our LW side.

BTW, who here would rather be watching Bergenheim than Joensuu, Gillies and Sim???

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:45 AM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
which is worse:

A. Papsmear on team

B. Simpleton on powerplay

C. Both of the above

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Sim on the PP is disgusting. I understand that he will crash the net, but so will Martin or Joensuu and they can actually shoot the puck on the net and complete a pass. Sim just chunks the puck to the opposition or into the corner every time he touches it.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:03 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I'm with ya. What the heck does ANYONE think Capuano could do to come in here after a 10 game losing streak and change things around with a team that boasts Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau as its first line.

And heck, with Gillies, Sim, Martin, Joensuu and Grabner in the line-up, what other options are there?

No doubt, Sim on the PP is ugly. I'd have no problem with it from a feistiness standpoint, but the man has hands of stone and does nothing but get tossed around like a ragdoll only to himself get penalized, even when hasn't committed a penalty.

Basically, Snow needs to add something from the outside - there's nothing guys from BPort can do right now to right this ship.

Rak WILL get a look this season... don't worry.

As for Bailey, well he had two PP assists last night in the first and then disappeared as Springfield outscored BPort 5-1 after that point.

Gordon:
Didn't change the lines??? Are you kidding... he never kept them together. Those guys were rotating with reckless abandon. They had hardly any time to get used to each other. At least Capuano is TRYING to let certain players gain some chemistry. Gordon was even quoted by Howie as having said "He doesn't believe in fixed lines. Everyone should be able to play with everyone at any given time.", or something to that effect.

PA
And sorry, for all his little faults, Parenteau is STILL carrying and sometimes distributing the puck better than just about everybody on this team.

It's not the individual players, it's the make-up and other miscasting of this team that has them creating new heights in patheticism.

I mean seriously, this is our RW side:
Parenteau
Sim
Joensuu
Martin
If it weren't for Moulson, the patheticism of this RW side would only be outdone by that of our LW side.

BTW, who here would rather be watching Bergenheim than Joensuu, Gillies and Sim???
That disgusting group of 4 says it all.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote