HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery’s turn with Gaborik

Old
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
averys shooting percentage is ridiculously low haha

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
satrabyk

Wow Avery first star off the game last night, and its not even close. Gabs, Christ just gave him the puck behind the net and he won every battle putting a perfect pass on a platter for both of them to score goals. Hopefully they can keep clicking that will help this team and get Gaborik going.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Wow Avery first star off the game last night, and its not even close. Gabs, Christ just gave him the puck behind the net and he won every battle putting a perfect pass on a platter for both of them to score goals. Hopefully they can keep clicking that will help this team and get Gaborik going.
While Avery's game was awesome, Gabby did have a hat trick AND the GWG. A lot of the work he does to get open and be in scoring position makes him look "invisible" which is kind of the point. He's not supposed to be an elite puck-carrying power forward type who singlehandedly dominates the game. Watch just Gabby for a game. It's his invisibility and quickness that allows him to sneak around and between defenders while off the puck. It's how he gets his goals if he's not on a breakaway as a result of the same quickness and stealth.

I'm not calling you out or being pedantic or anything. I just like talking about Gabbby's game.

Musto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Good one game, bad the next.

I thought Prust played more consistent the last two games too

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:53 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I think they still showed decent chemistry. I think Avery played well overall. That 10-minute misconduct made it difficult for him to establish himself for awhile though.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 05:01 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think they still showed decent chemistry. I think Avery played well overall. That 10-minute misconduct made it difficult for him to establish himself for awhile though.
yup this last game the islanders had him taking penalties :-/ we'll see how he does sunday - i really am hopeful this line can stick. also, can we get anisimov or boyle up there instead of EC? lol

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:22 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
But dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. He only has one goal!!!!!

I swear. If you just use Aves and take people's opinions on this board, it's very easy to see just how many people on here have an opinion worth valuing.

It's amazing how much this guy is slighted because people don't like him.

Come on Fitz, still waiting on your sarcastic comment.
Lovely how you arrive in THIS thread, after Avery's been playing well, and completely ignore the other one. But as good as he was in his 3 assist performance, it just shows how INCONSISTENT he can be. And again, yesterday, despite his lowered ice time, and coming off of a very good game, he was a no show.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
XLJ

I thought Avery played a good game yesterday again. The 10 min misconduct was a joke that was a reputation call. I thought Christensen also played well. I'd definately keep them together for a little bit and see how it goes.

Last edited by XLJ: 12-04-2010 at 04:43 PM.
XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Lovely how you arrive in THIS thread, after Avery's been playing well, and completely ignore the other one. But as good as he was in his 3 assist performance, it just shows how INCONSISTENT he can be. And again, yesterday, despite his lowered ice time, and coming off of a very good game, he was a no show.
What other one?

Who, may I ask you, did show up yesterday?

The misconduct was a killer.

What exactly are your expectations for Avery? Considering you don't seem content with his performance.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Avery rules. Anyone expecting him to get 3 assists a night is foolish. No one gets 3 assists every night. Did he create scoring chances yesterday? Yes. Did he draw attention from the Isles? Yes. Job well done.

Also, Rangers won both games with him on the top line, but let's see them against a team with a top line of their own.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I thought Avery played a good game yesterday again. The 10 min misconduct was a joke that was a reputation call. I thought Christensen also played well. I'd definately keep them together for a little bit and see how it goes.
Yeah I thought the line still looked pretty solid. Avery had a couple hits, tried 4 shots (2 on goal), drew a penalty and took 2. He had a couple decent chances and skated hard as usual. Agitated. Was it his best game? No. Was he "invisible?" Maybe if you didn't watch the game. Even Torts--who is far from an Avery fan--agreed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella
"Sean was effective. When we lose him with the way he's playing right now, it hurts him and it hurts the team. Sean knows that."
As I said earlier, the misconduct sucked as it basically took him out of commission for a period. No way to know what was said, but he didn't look any more demonstrative than usual.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 12-04-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
I smell thread envy

All I gotta say is that it's working better than Frolov.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
As I said earlier, the misconduct sucked as it basically took him out of commission for a period. No way to know what was said, but he didn't look any more demonstrative than usual.
The roughing call was a joke too. 2 minutes for driving the crease, granted the hands came up a bit, but it was still a soft call.

McCreary is a ****.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 05:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
The roughing call was a joke too. 2 minutes for driving the crease, granted the hands came up a bit, but it was still a soft call.

McCreary is a ****.
This is something I absolutely agree with.

Old
12-04-2010, 07:37 PM
DrAStuart

Avery's gotta know there's a target on his back (how can he not?)...It doesn't matter whether its fair or not...it just is. And it is going to be there for a while. Like it or not, that is Avery's cross to bear.
The EMS line works well...all three guys are clicking together. Aves has to play like he did at points last season...close to the edge, but knowing not to jump off that cliff. When he plays like that -- lots of energy, agitating and with confidence in the corners -- he is great.
But if he falls over that edge too often -- esp if he gets those 10 min misconducts -- then there won't be any choice but to move him back down the lineup.
I know it is sometimes hard to tell exactly how far is too far (and it is probably in different places with different officials)...but Aves has to be smart enough to figure it out game to game. If he does, then this could be a very good line for all three of them...I'd hate to see it dismantled because Aves can't find that balance.

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
What other one?

Who, may I ask you, did show up yesterday?

The misconduct was a killer.

What exactly are your expectations for Avery? Considering you don't seem content with his performance.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=844985&page=3

That one. As soon as good points were made about the need for consistency, your advocacy for Avery was nowhere to be found.

What are my expectations for Avery? Well, I know he doesn't have the skill to be a 65 point player. And is he on pace for his usual 30-40 points? Yup.

But what I hate to see from Sean is how he can be an all-star one night and a complete plug the next. If you're not going to be on the scoresheet, at least be a presence, mix it up, and be seen. Now, I don't mean it in the usual Avery way. Just bang bodies, hard on the forecheck, etc.

In other words, Brandon Prust. There's no reason for Sean to be so Jekyll and Hyde out there when he can at least do what #8 does night in and night out.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote