HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Will KO,Bailey and Comeau ask for 1 yr deals?

Old
12-04-2010, 10:03 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Will KO,Bailey and Comeau ask for 1 yr deals?

I was thinking when KO got hurt that the timing sucked.He's due a new contract this summer.Then when Bailey and Comeau went through their little hot streaks,that looked like the start of big seasons,I thought it was good timing.I expected that they'd each have a big season in their contract seasons.

Unfortunately,neither Bailey or Comeau kept up their strong play.

I'm curious if we won't see the reps for all three players pushing for 1 yr deals this summer,wanting to see if the rfas can't rebound and put up strong numbers in 2011-2012.Then they could come back to the bargaining table for longer deals in the summer of 2012?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:15 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I was thinking when KO got hurt that the timing sucked.He's due a new contract this summer.Then when Bailey and Comeau went through their little hot streaks,that looked like the start of big seasons,I thought it was good timing.I expected that they'd each have a big season in their contract seasons.

Unfortunately,neither Bailey or Comeau kept up their strong play.

I'm curious if we won't see the reps for all three players pushing for 1 yr deals this summer,wanting to see if the rfas can't rebound and put up strong numbers in 2011-2012.Then they could come back to the bargaining table for longer deals in the summer of 2012?
Assuming that Okposo will not put up ppg when he returns, that Bailey and Comeau will not have good stats on this team that is bottom feeding, my guess is that Snow will offer an extended 3 year contract at low ball salary. None of them will have any bargaining power, so I expect them to reject the low ball and accept a QO for the year with a 10% increase.
One or all could be traded/packaged.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Assuming that Okposo will not put up ppg when he returns, that Bailey and Comeau will not have good stats on this team that is bottom feeding, my guess is that Snow will offer an extended 3 year contract at low ball salary. None of them will have any bargaining power, so I expect them to reject the low ball and accept a QO for the year with a 10% increase.
One or all could be traded/packaged.
Not busting your chops pal ,but any Isles fan watching this team with it's shaky work ethic,who thinks the isles would trade KO,is out to lunch.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:02 PM
crashthenet

Comeau's contract? 2 way 500/100

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:11 PM
BillD

Quote:
Not busting your chops pal ,but any Isles fan watching this team with it's shaky work ethic,who thinks the isles would trade KO,is out to lunch.
You're missing the point.
Will he accept an extended contract if we try to low ball him?
I doubt it. He will force a trade.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
I really don't think the Isles are in a position to try and lowball their RFAs. They already have a tough time getting UFAs to play for them because of the way the team is run, how much worse will their reputation become if they then start trying to rip off their RFAs?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:26 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I really don't think the Isles are in a position to try and lowball their RFAs. They already have a tough time getting UFAs to play for them because of the way the team is run, how much worse will their reputation become if they then start trying to rip off their RFAs?
You would think so.
But this is highpockets Wang and the NYI.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Darth Bangkok

When will they be UFA? They'll accept deal that take them to those dates so they can bolt at the first chance they get.

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 12:56 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
You're missing the point.
Will he accept an extended contract if we try to low ball him?
I doubt it. He will force a trade.
Okposo said last April that he loves it on LI,wants to play his entire career here(I was shocked as hell too after reading that ).
Anyway,he has said he's open to signing either a short term or longterm contract.He made similar comments just before training camp.

I don't expect he'll be interested in signing a longterm deal at this point because he's missed so much of the 2010-2011 season.His numbers are gonna look like crap.He knows this,the teams knows this.That's why I think they reach agreement on a 1 yr deal,then try to hammer out a longer deal after next season.

Old
12-04-2010, 01:43 PM
BillD

Quote:
Okposo said last April that he loves it on LI,wants to play his entire career here(I was shocked as hell too after reading that ).
Anyway,he has said he's open to signing either a short term or longterm contract.He made similar comments just before training camp.

I don't expect he'll be interested in signing a longterm deal at this point because he's missed so much of the 2010-2011 season.His numbers are gonna look like crap.He knows this,the teams knows this.That's why I think they reach agreement on a 1 yr deal,then try to hammer out a longer deal after next season.
That's cool that he said that, and I hope Snow doesn't attempt to take advantage of the injury situation and offer a Nielsen special.

Old
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
That's cool that he said that, and I hope Snow doesn't attempt to take advantage of the injury situation and offer a Nielsen special.
Snow might offer a team friendly,multi yr contract to each of them.

However,I'd be shocked if any of them accepted it.I think Neilsen and MacDonald signed their cheap,4 yr deals in part because it gave them the security of an nhl job when they were basically unknown.Team friendly deals would help them stick in the nhl.

Bailey,Comeau and KO aren't in that position,worrying that it is most likely the isles.the AHL or Europe.

Old
12-04-2010, 03:13 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:

You sure Okposo said that? I definitely remember Moulson saying that.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
You sure Okposo said that? I definitely remember Moulson saying that.
The first time he made his comments,came just before that international tournament he and Gordon took part in(April 2010).Botta interviewed him.I posted the link.It should be here on hf's archives.I'll find and post that link,while you find and post Moulson's comments.

I'm editing this because I found his 1st comments.If I can find the other interview,I'll post a link to that one too.

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...re-on-rjs-dad/

12:40 pm, Iceworks: Entering the third and final season of his Entry Level contract in 2010-11, Kyle Okposo hopes to stay an Islander a long, long time.

“I love it here, love the direction of the team,” Okposo said after today’s practice at Iceworks. “This is a great place to live. I think we’re building a strong team here, so I want to be a part of it.”

Last edited by CREW99AW: 12-04-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: found a link
Old
12-04-2010, 04:20 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
The first time he made his comments,came just before that international tournament he and Gordon took part in(April 2010).Botta interviewed him.I posted the link.It should be here on hf's archives.I'll find and post that link,while you find and post Moulson's comments.

I'm editing this because I found his 1st comments.If I can find the other interview,I'll post a link to that one too.

12:40 pm, Iceworks: Entering the third and final season of his Entry Level contract in 2010-11, Kyle Okposo hopes to stay an Islander a long, long time.

“I love it here, love the direction of the team,” Okposo said after today’s practice at Iceworks. “This is a great place to live. I think we’re building a strong team here, so I want to be a part of it.”
All I can find is a GDT from last year. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=758454 The quote by Moulson is under Notes & Quotes.

"These guys believed in me and gave me a chance to prove myself, so this is where I want to be. I want to play the rest of my career with the Islanders, if possible," Moulson said. "But I haven't concerned myself with that. I believe it will all work out."

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Macch

Quote:

That was a long time ago

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:46 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

I'd like us to contract Comeau from the team.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Comeau can gtfo.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 05:01 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
All I can find is a GDT from last year. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=758454 The quote by Moulson is under Notes & Quotes.

"These guys believed in me and gave me a chance to prove myself, so this is where I want to be. I want to play the rest of my career with the Islanders, if possible," Moulson said. "But I haven't concerned myself with that. I believe it will all work out."

I'm surprised but pleased to read that.

Since Moulson wasn't drafted by the isles and hasn't been in the organization long,I hadn't thought he had much loyalty to the franchise.Hopefully the isles can get him signed to a multi yr deal,that's fair to both sides.

Old
12-04-2010, 05:04 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
That was a long time ago
KO made basically the same statements at the end of last season and before this yr's training camp.That's what you call a long time ago?

You don't think that both KO and Streit,who both wore A's last season, aren't looking at this current team struggling and thinking that they'd make a difference?

Old
12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
BillD

Fans who say "I just want (name player) the F off this team have no sense of meaning.
Grow up. What you should be asking for is to acquire a better player than they are that pushes them out. That could take some time and doing even as bad as things are here. Maybe Sim, Parenteau, Gervais or Gillies, but until we can get/develop better options than Schremp, Comeau, Hunter, Grabner you might as well save your energy.